Stage 6 Questions (optional stage)

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• slm0257
    slm0257 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    First workout A of stage 6 done! I was actually able to do all 3 negative chin ups for 20 seconds (though the 3rd one was pretty shaky). I'm scared to add weight though. :ohwell: I can actually do one chin up unassisted as of right now and have been able to 3 in the past when I was doing P90X. My goal is 5. Seems daunting. :smile: I made it up to 100lbs on my last set of lat pulldowns and am super excited about that. By far, though, the surprisingly hardest part was the barbell split squat. I did 55lbs (which I thought would be too light) and it was really tough. I'm also not looking forward to the increasing difficulty of the pushups :grumble: . I think this will be a good stage overall and I'm glad I decided to do it! Good luck everyone!
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there? I'm having a hard time getting excited and/or staying motivated with this stage. I did workout A last week and then was feeling sick, then out of town for a few days. Went to do workout B on Tuesday and during the push press I swung my left arm in a really weird way and hurt it. It feels better now and I'm supposed to redo workout B tonight, but I'm so not looking forward to it. I don't know...the thrill is gone! I have loved what lifting weight has done for my body but I'm also a bit frustrated with my results too...should I skip to Stage 7? Keep on and focus on HIIT (my plan is to run after every workout for this stage)? Try something totally out of the box like Zumba for a while? I have about two months till my wedding, and my initial dress fitting is in 3.5 weeks. I had goals for weight and dress size that I am no where near meeting. Granted, my food hasn't been beautiful so I can't just blame a workout....but I want to be excited about the gym. Maybe I'm just venting, but where are my Stage 6 ladies at?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Anybody out there? I'm having a hard time getting excited and/or staying motivated with this stage. I did workout A last week and then was feeling sick, then out of town for a few days. Went to do workout B on Tuesday and during the push press I swung my left arm in a really weird way and hurt it. It feels better now and I'm supposed to redo workout B tonight, but I'm so not looking forward to it. I don't know...the thrill is gone! I have loved what lifting weight has done for my body but I'm also a bit frustrated with my results too...should I skip to Stage 7? Keep on and focus on HIIT (my plan is to run after every workout for this stage)? Try something totally out of the box like Zumba for a while? I have about two months till my wedding, and my initial dress fitting is in 3.5 weeks. I had goals for weight and dress size that I am no where near meeting. Granted, my food hasn't been beautiful so I can't just blame a workout....but I want to be excited about the gym. Maybe I'm just venting, but where are my Stage 6 ladies at?

It's an optional stage. If you're not feeling the love, move on. You might be motivated to try it again later but why sweat it? This is supposed to be fun! Hard work yes, but fun! Stage 7 is right there waiting for you!
  • phizzylizzy
    phizzylizzy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Thanks Suelegal - I guess that's exactly what I needed to hear! I'm moving on to Stage 7 tonight and really motivated. Looking forward to it!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Looks like I'm the only one in here right now. I just finished workout B2 today and I hate the dumbbell push press. I just wanted to share that. :smile:
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did A1 on Thursday, and I'm doing B1 today. I kind of like how the Stage 6 workouts are shorter (for me, anyway- I don't rest as long as I should between sets). I don't have access to a bar for the chin ups, so I'm doing bench presses instead. Someday I'll have a gym membership and be able to make use of all the cool toys, but for now I'll just keep MacGuyvering myself into shape. :)

My shoulders, chest, and quads are still sore. I'm taking it as a lesson to spend more time warming up and stretching.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I did A1 on Thursday, and I'm doing B1 today. I kind of like how the Stage 6 workouts are shorter (for me, anyway- I don't rest as long as I should between sets). I don't have access to a bar for the chin ups, so I'm doing bench presses instead. Someday I'll have a gym membership and be able to make use of all the cool toys, but for now I'll just keep MacGuyvering myself into shape. :)

My shoulders, chest, and quads are still sore. I'm taking it as a lesson to spend more time warming up and stretching.

Take your time and enjoy the shorter workouts. I started stage 7 yesterday. Owowowowow!!!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    yep- stage 6 was almost a break compared to 7. its brutal, but amazing
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Just finished the last A workout of Stage 6- I'm on to the last B workout Friday. I think I'm going to do both AMRAP workouts Sunday. The holidays are doing their best to wreak havoc on my lifting schedule, but I'm buckling down and getting in what I can, when I can. I'm psyched to start Stage 7.

*Edited to fix a run-on sentence, haha!*
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    so.. this may have already been asked but do I do the neg. chin up on day one only? or every workout A? (the form looks like you just do 1 workout?)

Also, I'm really afraid my grip will give out before I stop swinging so I just decline as I'm swinging. I would guess my first try was at 5 second decline. My underhand lat pull-down is only 90-100lbs. I'm 160lbs and only 5'4" anyone else as big as me doing the negative chin up?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    Although I bailed on Stage 6 half-way through (yet, still want to go back and pick it up!), I did the negative chin-ups in every "A" workout.

how come you are swinging, do you think?? If you are really focusing on your CORE, I don't think you will swing....don't hold your breath! Keep breathing, try the descend. I promise you, ALL of the exercises get BETTER/EASIER.

I really liked Stage 6. I still cannot do an unassisted pull-up and I've marked that down as a 2014 goal!
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Well... I do have to jump to get my chin over the bar... thus causing some swingage. But yea.. I will try to engage core today a bit more and hope for less swinging.. and breath (I always need to be reminded of that). thanks Beeps! good luck with the unassisted pull up goal... I hope to be able do one this new year too!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Anyone else looking to start Stage 6 soon? Or already started?

I'm just finishing my last 5 tomorrow and plan to start 6 April 21.