Like Minded Lushes - February 2012

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    kblue, I hope your grandmother-in-law is ok!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Robin, excellent job on the zero!

Krisco...yep, I'd be drinking after that. And, ya, the weekends sounds lushy and super fun.

Amy, I vote for conditioning before Mexico

Kate, you guys are FAB-U-LOUS support for G-ma to drive down there. Bowel obstructions are nasty.

Raz...welcome, it's a great group...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim and Amy! Just got an update and she is doing WONDERFULLY!!! We are still waiting for the results from pathology (not until monday) but hopefully they come back clean. Long recovery for her and super scary for everyone. She has been so amazing to me the last 11yrs, I feel like she is my Nanny!!!! Ok enough sappy drama......
    I will most likely be drinking tonight...probably just some wine, I'm alittle beered out from last night!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kim and Amy! Just got an update and she is doing WONDERFULLY!!! We are still waiting for the results from pathology (not until monday) but hopefully they come back clean. Long recovery for her and super scary for everyone. She has been so amazing to me the last 11yrs, I feel like she is my Nanny!!!! Ok enough sappy drama......
    I will most likely be drinking tonight...probably just some wine, I'm alittle beered out from last night!

Glad she's okay =]

No drinks for me last night and it was actually really easy. Think my mindset has changed after reading about alcohol and weight loss. I am going out tonight with friends to finally celebrate one of the groups birthdays and I'm going to try and be good. I'll keep in mind that when there is booze in the body the fat torching gets put on the back burner.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Glad to hear she is doing so well, I hope her recovery is smooth. Must have been such a stressful time for you, enjoy your wine and relax a bit now x
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kate, super happy that G-ma is doing well...number one thing you as a family can do is GET HER UP and MOVING. In the chair, to the bathroom, etc. It's the #1 thing that families can do to sped things up. Of course, check with the nurse, he, he.

Kat, good mindset....you and Robin both get zeros for yesterday!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Glad grandma is doing better!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so glad that Grandma is doing better. I think I will have wine tonight. It is Saturday. I know that next week I won't be drinking much since I will be visiting my new granddaughter in Vegas
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Broke my streak...
    Sunday-Thursday=0
    Friday=2 vodka/soda/splash of cran w/lemon and lime (so far...)
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Day 11, still no alcohol (except a little red wine for flavouring with a beef dish but that doesn't count!). When I was at the gym last I noticed my 'swooshes' were peeling off my trainers so I think I might reward myself at the end of the month with new trainers if I manage to stick to it :happy:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Fri - 5oz. Canadian Mist...............medicinal
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I had 3 vodka drinks...they were strong and cheap. SO, I have a wicked headache, obvs.
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I had 3 vodka drinks...they were strong and cheap. SO, I have a wicked headache, obvs.

and the best cure for that is to have some more alcohol :happy:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    lots of white wine. soo good to be sooo bad:devil:

Yvonne I think new trainers are a great reward. no one should have peeling swooshes.:wink:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- 0
    Wednesday- 0
    Thursday- 0
    Friday- 4 vodka and water with some mio and 4 miller lites......surprisingly I feel great today :)
    Saturday- staying in and it feels like a wine and pizza night
    Sunday- back to zeros
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Kblue, I'm glad your grandma is okay now.

Thanks RJ for your comment earlier this week.....seems to be working:

It's been an amazing 2 weeks (officially tomorrow) with 2 hypnotism sessions done. 5 lbs lost (I had been stuck for 2 months not losing), drinking is way, way down. Actually did some walking too.
    One Budlight 12 oz and 4 oz white wine Monday
    One Budlight 12 oz and one 8 oz Budlight (love the mini cans!) Tuesday through Thursday
    2) 1oz tequila and dt. 7 up Friday. Probably will repeat that tonight. Maybe.

There are other changes too; I'm not as anxious among crowds, even attended an event on Monday where there was 50+ people and I knew 3. I felt pretty comfortable. Usually I make excuses why I can't even attend.
    I actually cleaned and organized my desk (boy did it need it!). Just feeling a whole lot more positive! Sooner or later (prob later) I look forward to not wanting a drink during the week without all the head conversation (I shouldn't, yeah I should, but I shouldn't, ah just blow it off and drink kinda conversation.)
    If I should go real bad I bet I will have that hangover from hell, cause my practicing is way down! lol I don't anticipate it.
    We will see. lol

Looks like so far the weekend is rounding out nicely for y'all. Have fun for the rest of the weekend!! :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Never pick up the phone on a friday night when it's your wacky relatives calling. i was at zero, then when i hung up around 8:30pm i had 2 STRONG whiskey/diet cokes.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Never pick up the phone on a friday night when it's your wacky relatives calling. i was at zero, then when i hung up around 8:30pm i had 2 STRONG whiskey/diet cokes.

Noted...

Cat, congratulation on all the succes. You must feel incredible about all of it. I'm happy that you found something that works for you and is producing results. YAY!!
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    Crazycat, well done from me too, it is lovely to hear you are feeling more positive and seeing such great results.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Cat, that is amazing! Congrats on all the positive steps forward.

So far, nothing today. A huge-*kitten* red bull helped my hangover and I did a long yoga practice while the kids napped.