Like Minded Lushes - February 2012

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! And all this talk about my wine glasses is pushing me towards them tonight (the big one) :tongue:
    It is snowing out right now and I think I will make my husband go for a walk to the store with me. There isn't supposed to be much accumulation, I'm actually exciting to walking in it!!!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not contributing to the self control of this thread. Went to dinner, it was awesome, split a bottle of wine and a brownie with caramel ice cream for dessert, then went around the corner for a beer.
    tonight I am hosting Dexter watching and made chicken tortilla soup, my calories are looking low for the day, so I think I will probably have some beer.
    I think I figured out why my tax situation changed from a refund last year, to owing this year and it was because of my withholding, I claimed to be single in 2010 even though I wasn't, I just didn't change it on my withholding, but that was better for me, because I changed it to married in 2011 and they didn't withhold enough so now I owe.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Well, I am not contributing to the self control of this thread. Went to dinner, it was awesome, split a bottle of wine and a brownie with caramel ice cream for dessert, then went around the corner for a beer.
    tonight I am hosting Dexter watching and made chicken tortilla soup, my calories are looking low for the day, so I think I will probably have some beer.
    I think I figured out why my tax situation changed from a refund last year, to owing this year and it was because of my withholding, I claimed to be single in 2010 even though I wasn't, I just didn't change it on my withholding, but that was better for me, because I changed it to married in 2011 and they didn't withhold enough so now I owe.

I'm not contributing either :ohwell: I'm going to try tonight and tomorrow though.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I need to stay outta here!!! I love my big wine glass!!! But, I am not allowed to touch it until Friday!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    It was Amy's birthday, she had a good excuse!!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Amy, that sounds like a superb dessert, hope you had a great birthday.

I'm on day 8 of no drinks, it's been pretty easy so far as I've not been feeling great so haven't wanted to eat much either. Although I'm having a pretty stressful time at work at the moment, I got interviewed by a team of outside consultants today who are looking at cost improvements and efficiencies so this is where the future of my job is coming in to question. I just want to know what's going to be happening for definite as it's been uncertain since last August. Normally I'd be using this as justification for a mid-week glass of wine (or 2) but not today :happy: That first glass of wine in a few weeks time sure will taste good though :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Amy, that sounds like a superb dessert, hope you had a great birthday.

I'm on day 8 of no drinks, it's been pretty easy so far as I've not been feeling great so haven't wanted to eat much either. Although I'm having a pretty stressful time at work at the moment, I got interviewed by a team of outside consultants today who are looking at cost improvements and efficiencies so this is where the future of my job is coming in to question. I just want to know what's going to be happening for definite as it's been uncertain since last August. Normally I'd be using this as justification for a mid-week glass of wine (or 2) but not today :happy: That first glass of wine in a few weeks time sure will taste good though :drinker:

Awesome dedication Yvonne!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Oy, think I'm caving tonight. There's always next week! :tongue:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I wish I had an ounce of self control. I really want wine agian tonight. I so hate my job.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I wish I had an ounce of self control. I really want wine agian tonight. I so hate my job.

I definitely realize my self control isn't so great when it comes to me and my boozy beverages.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey Lushes,

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0

Tomorrow, I get my ear drained of this fluid finally. I am shooting for 0's thru the weekend as I am a working girl. Man, that did not sound good.:noway:

Robin, I am sorry that you hate your job.

Kat, you've got to remember that dress and how you want to look in it.

OK, off to bed now!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    yvonne..i admire you! (and not just for your amazing arms ;) )

and for all the bragging I did earlier about not drinking since the superbowl...I caved.
    LOL..like it was some kind of major EVENT that I hadn't had a drink since Sunday. Good grief! I need an eyerolling smilie for myself, but I'll use this one instead :ohwell:

So robin..don't feel bad. I don't have a bad job and I *still* said WTH..I'm going for it.
    I'm blaming it on The Real Housewives. They make even a teetotaler wanna drink. :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Oh and Kim, how long has your effing ear been messed up??? Seems like forever!! It must be making you nuts. Hope you get some relief soon. :flowerforyou:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Yvonne-good luck with everything Girl!!
    Robin, we are in the same boat...I also hate my job!!! I actually hate working in general....keep telling my husband I'd be a great housewife :laugh:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-well.......not the zeros I had accounted for.....1 grape vodka (3oz) with some kind of crystal light citrus thingy and 10oz wine.
    Thursday-already have wine in my food diary....12oz
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh and Kim, good luck with the ear thing!!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My husband is a bad influence....I was cool with the no drinking until the weekend thing I was trying to accomplish! But last night we decided to hit our favorite watering hole - at least I limited myself to only 2 drinks. It WAS nice to get out but I caved so easily.

Kim, good luck with the ear!

Kblue & Robin - I agree about being a good housewife - I tell my husband that ALL the time! Does anyone really LOVE their job??? It sucks slavin' for the man!

Yvonne - good luck!

Cheers all - going for no drinks til tomorrow night!:drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    So last night it was Sake. (I made some sukiyaki so I had to get some sake and of course drink some)

I have had some jobs that I at least enjoyed the work I was doing. This job is such a bad fit for my skills and my manager is way to new and has no clue how to manage so that just makes it worse. I have applied for tons of other positions and I am sure some thing will come of it soon. This is such a huge company that I know I can find something I like to do.

I loved being unemployed and playing housewife for 20 months (other than the total lack of funding) I could certainly handle that again:wink:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- 0
    Thursday- 0 is the plan
    Friday- going out so probably some beers
    Saturday- we said we were going to stay in so maybe some wine
    Sunday- 0 is the plan

So I cant remember if this was the thread we were talking about Dexter but we just finished season 4 last night.....and OMFG!!! What a shocker!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh Chloe, it gets much much crazier!! Have fun, love me some Dexter!!!!! And great job with all those zeros....clearly I caved last night :laugh:
  • wlgreen379
    Options
    I've not had a good week.

Sunday- Superbowl! Probably had 3 or 4 Beers
    Monday- 0
    Tuesday- Trivia- 2 Beers, 2 Rum and Cokes. I did turn down a free shot.
    Wednesday- 2 Rum and Cokes
    Thursday... Who knows...

I am staying under my daily calories, still, but I don't think this is a good way to spend the ones I am spending. On the positive, I have lost 14 lbs without doing much to curb my consumption. I think if I quit drinking I would probably be in the 20's by now.