Like Minded Lushes - February 2012

Options

Replies

• ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Uggghh why do I keep letting alcohol sabatoge me every weekend!!

Thursday- 12 oz wine
    Friday- 5 miller lites, 2 corona lites and one shot of vodka
    Saturday- 2 margaritas, 1 22 oz miller lite and about half a bottle of wine
    Sunday- only 2 small glasses of wine

Goal for this week - no drinks until Friday!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Okay, day one of no hard spirits. Only wine if I must.

Papa Lush - I love your avitar.
    Kim - I think you did great last week.
    Dot - funerals and family just equal copious amounts of wine. I hope it was a nice service.

I really did a number on the Goose. I don't really recall all of yesterday but that is okay.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Chloe, because it is good and we have too much time to enjoy on the weekend
    Robin, good luck with the spirits. Not remembering is good as long as your not in trouble with someone. Then, it sucks!!
    Amy, I bet G-ma was watching and smiling at all of you lushes together.

Monday, 0

I got cancelled from work today. So, that will give lots of extra time today to exercise and clean this disgusting house. My daughter's boyfriend is a contracter by trade. He's been doing lots of projects around the house. This week, He and Mandy tore all the tile out of the front hallway. So, now, that means new time, a new closet door, a new garage door and new rails for the stairs going to the upper level. I hate the domino effect. Oy Vay :ohwell:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    opps, double...trigger finger
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well, today will be my second hypnotism session. I have been amazed all week long about the dwindling amount of alcohol I've drank. From 8 or more beers to 3. And a couple of nights with just 2 (I think just to keep the BF company); I find that I have to force the last one down. Amazing. Now with that said, Saturday was a bit different. I got a pint of my fav tequila and had a bottle of dt 7up in the fridge already (I HAD to finish that off, right?), and thought I'd have 1-2 drinks.....should work like the beer, right? Well, I did finish the pint off, I just didn't feel like I was getting a big buzz. And I didn't have a hangover. But I don't think I'll try that again.....I prob was testing the hypno limit.
    I'll bring that up today.
    Eat wise, I did fine and found that many times I didn't want to eat when I normally would. I've lost 2 lbs total this week. Could have been more because mid week the loss was 4.5. I ate salty snacks for dinner last night. :grumble:
    Activity wise I did a lot more than I have in recent months. There are also other topics that were covered in last week's session and I can see progress in those areas (one topic is working on semi-shyness, that is til I have a drink).
    So, I've always believed in the power of the mind, and knew I needed the tools to unlock my subconscious mind for positive reinforcement. Cause lawd knows the negative tapes that have been spinning there for years!!

Sounds like everyone did good this week considering the big game last night!! Cheers to you all! :drinker:

Pam
  • mslesly
    Options
    Fun weekend...wasn't ready for Monday but it came anyway...going to try and not drink until "Sake Wednesday" I know I can do it...it's only two days right???? Scale is totally going in the wrong direction...time to hunker down and get some real exercise.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Lushiness, I have drank everyday for a week now!
    Friday=snow day, had a bloody mary for my own personal happy hour, then went to dinner and had three glasses of wine and a shot of Italian liquor, then some beers, I am not sure how many. I didn't feel too bad on Saturday.
    Saturday=1 marg and one beer
    Sunday=1 bloody mary and 4 or 5 beers.
    Tonight, I don't know, we'll see how I feel. Tomorrow is my birthday so I will probably drink then, and Wednesday for Dexter watching. Thursday another meal with friends.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Dang! I have been behind! Didn't even realize that we've moved onto a new thread here. Can't believe it's February either!

I haven't been too lushy lately, just last Friday. Lots of beer. Yum. Maybe some wine tonight? We shall see....
  • MartiJJohnston
    Options
    Happy Monday fellow Lushes! I have been MIA for a while, but I think about you guys every time I have a drink (3-4 days a week).

I've found my new favorite drink, Voli Lyte Vodka and Fresca. The vodka only has 74 calories for a jigger (1.5oz) instead of 103 calories for the Absolute I was drinking before. So this weekend alone I saved over 480 calories! WOOHOO!! I knew I didn't have to give up drinking! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Superbowl was a blur... I drank entirely too much beer (forgot the vodka when I went to the party). So....

Monday - 0 (I hope)

Hope everyone has a kick *kitten* week!! :devil:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I had gin with either tonic water or flavored sparkling water last night. Then when the Giants won, the fiancé, our friend and I did a shot of Johnny Walker Blue, so good. Feeling pretty poofy today so no booze until Friday, lots of water and good foods.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I almost talked myself out of working out but I got it done =] BUT now I really want to make a dirty martini with feta stuffed olives and watch my shows!
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I don't even car about the superbowl and I finished a bottle of Pinot Grigio and 3 jello shooters! UGH! Was off the chain by halftime, lol!:drinker:

None tonight and goal is 0 until Friday night.

Cheers all! I gotta get my scale to move!! Haven't lost anything in a month!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks

Yep, it's offical

Robin, hope your night of detox went well

Hi, Marti

Kristco...I'm hoping to join you for the zeros!!
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    asjerven HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Last night at the Art Center: 4 oz. of white wine *they don't overpour lol and 1 Bud Lite at home. Amazing.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0....I can DO IT :tongue:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Happy Birthday Amy.

I finished off some wine last night so I had about 8 oz. Not bad. I felt like crap yesterday. I did finally get 8 hours of sleep last night so I am hoping to feel good enough when I get home to get on the dreadmill.

Kim, DH and I want to come to MN to visit the kid (Holly) this summer sometime. I am hoping that you and Ron can join us for dinner and drinks one night. I will let you know how things work out.
  • rjadams
    Options

Last night at the Art Center: 4 oz. of white wine *they don't overpour lol and 1 Bud Lite at home. Amazing.

I am so glad that the hypnosis thing is working well for you.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, Ron and I would love to meet you both this summer. It seems like Holly settled down nicely despite her first harst winter here.

Amy, Happy Birthday!!

Pam, I giggled about they don't overpour comment....glad that you are getting some results from the hypnosis.

Kate, you can do it!!

I am shooting for a zero as well tonight. My weight shot up this weekend from the indulgences. I am starting my new contest tomorrow so hopefully that will make me behave some more.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    3 martinis last night, sparkling water after those and 3 glasses of water around 3am so no hangover =] No booze tonight and going for none until Friday when we're going out for a friends birthday.

So sore from Chest, Shoulders, Triceps & ab ripper yesterday. Glad I got it done and didn't skip, have an hour on the bike on deck for today's work out. Going to be really good with calories and food during the week and really keep Saturday as our "cheat" day.

Happy Birthday Amy!! Have a fabulous day :smile:
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Lushiness, I have drank everyday for a week now!
    Friday=snow day, had a bloody mary for my own personal happy hour, then went to dinner and had three glasses of wine and a shot of Italian liquor, then some beers, I am not sure how many. I didn't feel too bad on Saturday.
    Saturday=1 marg and one beer
    Sunday=1 bloody mary and 4 or 5 beers.
    Tonight, I don't know, we'll see how I feel. Tomorrow is my birthday so I will probably drink then, and Wednesday for Dexter watching. Thursday another meal with friends.

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HOPE IT IS GREAT!!:drinker: