How Did It Go?

Options

Replies

• jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A woman on my friends list is looking for other shredders to be her friend, she's new here.

I've added her to this group but she'd love some of you to add her as a friend. She's MargoPuccini on my friends list.

Thanks.

Day 9 later....ugh!

I sent her a friend request! Along with you! :bigsmile:
  • co_mama
    Options
    Level 2 is gonna be my Everest! I had to stop to catch my breath. Anita is my girl on this one. I hope to still get results :(
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    A woman on my friends list is looking for other shredders to be her friend, she's new here.

I've added her to this group but she'd love some of you to add her as a friend. She's MargoPuccini on my friends list.

Thanks.

Day 9 later....ugh!

I sent her a friend request! Along with you! :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: And yeah, go with day 11 if you were well able for level 1.

Level 2 is soooo hard omfg!! But I enjoyed it more, felt like I was pushing myself harder. Did think I was going to die while doing the cardio of circuit 2 though.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Done level 2 day 1. I forgot there was so much plank work. This level is the reason I have never completed the shred. I have very very weak wrists from breaking them so many times when I was little. It's very hard to do any sort of plank work as they start to feel as though they're snapping. I think I'll have to modify quite a bit for this so I don't injure them, one more injury is supposed to ruin the tendons apparently. :grumble:
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    Done level 2 day 1. I forgot there was so much plank work. This level is the reason I have never completed the shred. I have very very weak wrists from breaking them so many times when I was little. It's very hard to do any sort of plank work as they start to feel as though they're snapping. I think I'll have to modify quite a bit for this so I don't injure them, one more injury is supposed to ruin the tendons apparently. :grumble:

Could you rest on your forearms instead of wrists? Your abs and legs would still be getting the same workout? I have really weak wrists too.
  • Babs0077
    Babs0077 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well I have to say I am pleasantly surprised after doing my measurements!! I'm feeling a bit "fluffy" today and I was dreading stepping on the scale! I still had a loss!! I also bought a fitbit yesterday, so we'll see how/if that helps. :bigsmile:
  • Kirkajuice
    Options
    I can for some, but I can't for the walking plank, or for plank jacks, or for oblique twists. It takes me a second to distribute the weight evenly, and any kind of movement by my legs jolts the positioning in a way that push ups don't. Though push ups are getting easier on the wrists for me.
  • jknoell
    Options
    Wow. So yesterday was day 11 and I started level two with the rest of you! While I agree with kirkajuice - LOTS of unexpected plank exercises - I actually thought level two might be a tad bit easier! This is the level I quit last time in... I think I made it to day 14 (with a couple days off inbetween) last time. Anyway, while I definitely follow Anita in the video, it's not so bad. According to my heart rate monitor, I burn less calories in level two! boo! But maybe I'll just push a little harder tonight when I do it.

That walking plank - WOW - had forgotten all about that move!
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 2 done...this is seriously challenging!!
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    I find the oblique twists really really hard. Like, not hard to do...but they leave me for dead. I found the cardio the worst in level 1 too though.

I'm feeling so proud of myself for sticking it out for 12 days now, which is silly really lol.

Ab work is my fave in both levels, probably because I get to lie on my back mostly.
    And I can't do the double jump rope thingy.

Hopefully like level 1 it will get easier and easier until we're all bored and can't wait for level 3 :wink:
  • Babs0077
    Babs0077 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I find the oblique twists really really hard. Like, not hard to do...but they leave me for dead. I found the cardio the worst in level 1 too though.

I'm feeling so proud of myself for sticking it out for 12 days now, which is silly really lol.

Ab work is my fave in both levels, probably because I get to lie on my back mostly.

Hopefully like level 1 it will get easier and easier until we're all bored and can't wait for level 3 :wink:

HA!! That's the reason abs were my favorite too!! Glad to see I'm not the only one!!! :laugh:
  • Astrowife68
    Options

HA!! That's the reason abs were my favorite too!! Glad to see I'm not the only one!!! :laugh:

Don't worry, you definately not the only ones that likes the ab works. But I am still having issues doing the plank ones. Or anything plank. But I now find that I can FINALLY do the walk out to push up thing. Yah me!

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 completed! I really hope the plank work is not in level 3.........
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    Options
    Level 2 Day 6 is over... 2 weeks left!!
  • jknoell
    Options
    Dang! Chatty traffic has slowed down a lot! LOL I'm guessing we are all too tired to keep up from all the shredding we are doing? :huh:

So, I'm getting there! I can definitely do the whole level without stopping, so that is good. I do the modifications (follow Anita) on the plank jump things and the plank jacks... those are tough. And I'm pretty sure my form isn't great for the pendulum lunges - my legs get weak during those and they go faster than I can... but I keep going and don't stop.

So how is everyone else doing? I see MrsPettus is rockin right along! Good for you!

Well, goodnight everyone - hope you are all shredding it up out there! LET'S DO THIS THING!
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    Well, personally, I'm still here. I just haven't felt well the last couple of nights. I am trying to get the energy to do one tonight, since I didn't do it last night. Of course, level 2 is some harder than level 1 (anything plank), but I find some easier (pendulum lunges with the bicep curls).

But I can aleast say, WE ARE HALF WAY THERE :happy:

Oh well, I need get back to it. Night all.

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    This morning I wasn't feeling well (husband is sick, so now I'm feeling crummy), so I moved back down to Level 1--it's so crazy how far we've come!! I'm now excited to return to the challenge of Level 2. And I agree, those plank things nearly do me in every time. My arms just aren't strong enough, and it ends up taking a toll on my elbows. But we're building up to it!
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    Another day done. Just a few more day then Level 3 here we come. I think I will check it out this weekend, to see what kind of pain I can look forward to next week. But the way I have been going, I think I may need to do Shredd one more month before I start Riipped.

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    So today is day 8 of level 2....and I am very proud of how far we've all come. I haven't been online in a few days but I've still been shredding.

I'm not getting as bored of level 2 as I did with level 1. I don't even need to mute Jillian this time.

Not looking forward to Tueday when I have to start level 3 :noway:
  • Kirkajuice
    Options
    I'm still here! But I haven't been able to do it for a few days as my gas supply was cut off due to a leak and we had no heating or hot water. I don't want to exercise and have to be cold and then stay all sweaty afterwards! Gas supply back on now though.