How Did It Go?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Babs0077
    Babs0077 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've had a crazy week.... My grandma ended up in the hospital for something "simple" and we found out THEN she was in stage 4 bone cancer. We decided NOT to tell her, then the next morning she had a stroke and ended up dying just a couple of days later.... :brokenheart:
    SOOOO...... with the crazy schedule and not to mention "funeral food", I had a few days where I was only doing it every other day, but I'm back at it tonight. I think I'll do 5 more days of Level 2, then move on. That would be about right, I think? Either way, I'm glad to start getting my life back to "normal".......

P.S.
    If anyone ever offers you "DING DONG CAKE" do NOT try it...... Trust me.:laugh:
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    I'm still not feeling too well tonight, but I did try to do at least level one, got through 2/3rd of it. But I am sneezing like crazy, so I finally had to give it up for tonight. I've not done too well this last level, so I don't think my numbers will be going down very much, if any this time around measuring.

Hope you are all doing well. Keep up the good work.

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've sliipped a disc in my lower back thanks to all the plank work in level 2 so I'm done with the 30 day shred for a while. Can barely walk let alone exercise.

I'm really, really annoyed. Could feel my back getting worse every day as I did the walking push ups and plank jacks and stuff but just ignored it.

I'm in agony now. Keep it up everyone else and well done. But if you feel pain in your lower back, STOP! Don't end up like me!!
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've sliipped a disc in my lower back thanks to all the plank work in level 2 so I'm done with the 30 day shred for a while. Can barely walk let alone exercise.

I'm really, really annoyed. Could feel my back getting worse every day as I did the walking push ups and plank jacks and stuff but just ignored it.

I'm in agony now. Keep it up everyone else and well done. But if you feel pain in your lower back, STOP! Don't end up like me!!

Awwwww, tringlexxx Im really sorry. Hope you feel better soon....
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    Options
    Level 3 day 1....Im not sure how I feel about it yet. Some parts were easier than level 2 but most of the beginner moves didnt seem challenging enough and the advanced moves were still a little too hard so I kinda switched back and forth...9 days left!!
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options

Awwwww, tringlexxx Im really sorry. Hope you feel better soon....

Thanks! It's more being frustrated at not being able to finish, That's worse than the pain lol.
  • angelapangela82
    Options
    Got derailed by work schedule, but I'm gonna go ahead and start level 3 today :) I did make the effort to take stairs at work though! Updated the spreadsheet, no huge loss there, but by gosh I can do guy pushups now and there is something to be said for that. I certainly feel a huge difference from day 1 and I think thats what counts, more than the weight and inches. I'm proud of my progress :) Let's see it through to the end ladies!

p.s. sorry bout your back tringlexxx. that really sucks :( hope you heal up and recover soon.
  • dsb76
    dsb76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    started level 3 today. I'm not a big fan of pylometrics but otherwise it was okay. I did have to stop in the middle to nurse a screaming baby though.
    I'm going to try to be more consistent the next 10 days but my maternity leave ends on Saturday so I will have even less time.
  • Astrowife68
    Options

I too, hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care of your back. :flowerforyou:

And now I know why I skipped out on most of the plank work.

14171021.png
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    Okay Level 3 Day 1 (half way done.) I feel like I am going to die.

14171021.png
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Level 3 = Death! Oh man! So many plank moves. I didn't quite make it all the way through the Level :( Will try better today
  • Babs0077
    Options
    I was going to try level 3 Friday.... I'm scared now.
    BUT on a lighter note, I can do half of a "guy" push up. My son (who's 14) said, "Wow mom....." in his "impressed" voice, not his "embarrassed" voice....
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Level 3, Day 4: I HATE ROCKSTARS. I've already tipped over several times and woken my husband up once with the noise. Uggghhh.
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    I didn't get to do the workout last night as I sat in the ER with a family member with stroke level high blood pressure. They gave her meds last night, and she went to see regular doctor today. She is doing much better. At any rate got in late last night, and hubby had to get up for work 3 hours after I got home, so I didn't want to wake him.

So I did 2/3 of level 3 night. I hope to do a complete level 3 tomorrow, being it will be Saturday. May have to break into different times, but I will try.

Hope you are all handling it better than I am doing. I am really thinking, I may need to redo Shred for another month, before moving on to Ripped. I will have to just wait and see. I may just skip through Ripped to see what I will do. :smile:

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    Options
    OMG I cant believe we are seriously almost done!! Hang in there everyone...I am playing catchup for 2 days due to a really bad TOM this past week. Sapped all of my energy ugh.. but I am doubling up 2 days to make up for it because I want to finish on time. Hope all is well with everyone!
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    I have been slacking quite a bit the last few days, so I guess I will go through the weekend, before I do my measurements again. And I also think I will be doing 30 DS for the month of March again. Then hopefully I will be up to doing Ripped in 30 in April. How are the rest of you doing?

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    I did L3D1 yesterday, as I missed a week with my sore back.

Wow, it's tough! And today I have a sore upper back, not sure exactly what part of the workout strained my back but something did.

I just want to finish it now, and get back to pure cardio for a while until I get closer to my goal.
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    Options
    Level 3 day 10 Done!!! 30 day shred finished in 31 days....Im excited to have accomplished this! :bigsmile: I guess I will post my measurements tomorrow of tonight after work. To everyone else who finished Congrats! And to anyone who has a little way to go Hang in there!! It will be over before you know it....

Good to see you back Tringle but you take it easy-(no injuries please!-in my Jillian voice)
  • Babs0077
    Options
    Great Job, MrsPettus!! I decided to do level 3 every other day and fit my cardio in on my "off" days. Level 3 is INTENSE!! BUT with that being said, I am proud to say, I can now do "guy" push-ups. Not many, but a few!! I haven't done that since I was 17!!!!! (18 years ago!) Now, if I can only get into those jeans from when I was 17...... (yes, they're still in my closet. Good Ol' plain levi's, size 10) :drinker:
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    Options
    Great Job, MrsPettus!! I decided to do level 3 every other day and fit my cardio in on my "off" days. Level 3 is INTENSE!! BUT with that being said, I am proud to say, I can now do "guy" push-ups. Not many, but a few!! I haven't done that since I was 17!!!!! (18 years ago!) Now, if I can only get into those jeans from when I was 17...... (yes, they're still in my closet. Good Ol' plain levi's, size 10) :drinker:

Thanks! Im excited and I will continue to use the shred (prob not every single day but close enough) Great accomplishment 2 you too, "guy" push ups are hard! We are both on our way to size 10's....