Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I would do something like that. hahaha...
    I have a new question but not sure where to post it..
    Do I make my own workouts or are they already there for me? I read the book already and I'm somewhat sleep deprived because of school but it's getting better. I think maybe I skipped that part or I don't know... Please Help..I would love to start Monday :)

Here ya go:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388750-link-for-prepopulated-log

The excel sheets are a godsend, makes it so much easier to decipher the book!

I'm a night shift worker, so totally understand the sleep crazies.
  • Koketa0510
    Options
    I have a new question but not sure where to post it..
    Do I make my own workouts or are they already there for me? I read the book already and I'm somewhat sleep deprived because of school but it's getting better. I think maybe I skipped that part or I don't know... Please Help..I would love to start Monday :)

Hehe..I fully understand sleep-dep. I'm on the end of a nightshift rotation right now...just glad if I've remembered to put on all my clothes before I head out the door!

The workouts are laid out on pp 140 through 156. I did notice on a NROLW thread (somewhere??) that someone has laid them all out on excel spreadsheets and made them public. (I did my own, but have no idea how to make them public!)

Maybe someone checking in can remember where to find them and point you toward them?

I believe they are stickied in our group pages...so hopefully in the first 2 pages of the NROLFW group....but I like the ones I made for myself. I love how simply they lay out the workouts!!

Thank you so much ladies. I'm off to find those spreadsheets....
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm terribly jealous of your push-ups, kcfaber. I actually HURT myself doing 3 sets of 4, yesterday. Sheesh.

The pain is seriously bad and, depending on how I twist and turn (particularly in my sleep), I'm seriously wincing. And, funny enough, all I care about is how I'm going to have to adapt my weight-training, today, lol.

Anyway, for sure I'll get all my lower body work in - not sure how (yet!) I'll have to adapt the upper body. And, I hope this injury heals REALLY QUICK! Sucks.
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your shoulder Beeps! Hope that gets better soon. As for the pushups I'm sure you will get there by the end of the program. This was a new development for me. Starting the program I could probably do 10 total. Anyway hope you are able to rest/ice/anti-inflammatory pain med your shoulder so that it improves quickly.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    @ beeps - I injured my pectoral muscle in December doing the hundred push up challenge - it totally sucked! Definitely take it easy and modify until it starts feeling better - and lots of ice!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Good GAWD, jen - that is the CHALLENGE I am trying to build up the (push-up) stamina to START. Sheesh....

I still got my work-out in, today. And, the other thing is the pain in my upper back is serious enough that, today anyway, I stopped noticing the pain in my right foot (that I've had for 5 months), lol.

All good.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Good GAWD, jen - that is the CHALLENGE I am trying to build up the (push-up) stamina to START. Sheesh....

I still got my work-out in, today. And, the other thing is the pain in my upper back is serious enough that, today anyway, I stopped noticing the pain in my right foot (that I've had for 5 months), lol.

All good.

Oh man! And I thought I was in bad shape! Hope everything heals soon!
  • kcfaber
    kcfaber Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Dear Stage 7. You are officially kicking my butt. To be this sore for two full days after the workout and then do # 2 today. WHOA. If I can do all 12 workouts in this stage I will officially be a bada$$. Or at least should have one:wink:
  • Koketa0510
    Options
    So I'm officially lost. I have reread the whole part about the stages and still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do tomorrow.
    I'm stuck and the spreadsheets won't link for me. Keeps telling me it's a fake app site :grumble: Too many numbers. I'm close to tears, this is frustrating. I have never felt so dumb :sad:
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    So I'm officially lost. I have reread the whole part about the stages and still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do tomorrow.
    I'm stuck and the spreadsheets won't link for me. Keeps telling me it's a fake app site :grumble: Too many numbers. I'm close to tears, this is frustrating. I have never felt so dumb :sad:

Where are you stuck?
  • Koketa0510
    Options

Where are you stuck?

What is my workout for tomorrow ( Stage 1 WOA) ... so far from what I understand its something like this....
    squats 1x 15
    push ups 1x 15

seated row 1x 15
    squats 1x 15

push ups 1x 15
    seated row 1x 15

squats 1x 12
    push ups 1 x 12

seated row 1x 12
    squats 1x 12

push ups 1x 12

I don't know. I feel like its not right. My brain is not working well right now ...
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Here ya go, 1st workout A:

A
    Squat 2 sets of 15
    B
    15 push ups
    15 rows
    15 push ups
    15 rows
    C
    15 Steps ups (each side)
    8 prone jacknives
    15 step ups (each side)
    8 prone jacknives

If you want to send me your email address by personal message, I can send you the clean exell files.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Stage 1 goes like this:
    If you work out 3 days a week, let's say M,W,F: first week you do M-A, W-B, F-A. Second week you do M-B, W-A,F-B. And you go like this until the end.

Work out A 1:
    Squat- set 1, 15 reps , rest 60 sec

Squat-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Push up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Seated Row-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Push up- set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Seated Row-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Step up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 1, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

Step up-set 2, 15 sets, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 2, 8 reps, rest 60 sec.

For Workout A2 you go the same way, A3 and A4-12 reps, A5 and A6-10 reps, A7 and A8-8 reps. The Jackknife goes, 8, 10, 12, 15 reps only.

For Workout B1:

Deadlift- set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Deadlift-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

DB Shoulder Press-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Wide-grip Lat Pulldown-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

DB SHoulder Press-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Wide-grip Lat Pulldown-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Lunge-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Swiss-ball Crunch-set 1, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

Lunge-set2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Swiss-ball Crunch-set 2, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

You follow the reps for B the same way as A wokrouts.

Stage 1: you do 8 A workouts and 8 B workouts, so that makes 16 workouts total. If you do them 3 times a week, you will be done in 5 and 1/2 weeks. If you do them 2 times a week, you will be done in 8 weeks. Plus at the end there are 2 special work outs- one A and one B, so that will give you a half week or a week more.

I hope this helps you! It was hard for me to figure out too, I never lifted before this program. Good luck!
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'll be finishing up Stage 1 this week (yay!) and plan on taking a week off prior to starting Stage 2. I'm also doing C25K and have my first race scheduled for April 14th. That is the week I should be starting Stage 2. I'm really nervous about all this and am considering extending Stage 1 an additional week and taking my rest week from lifting the same week as my race. What do you think? Am I just being silly worrying that starting the new Stage will make me more exhausted, etc. in addition to my nerves for running? Should I just plow on through? Any suggestions will be happily considered! Thanks ~ Meg
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'm putting a BIG CONGRATULATIONS out there for my friend, lauriebgood...she squatted her BODY WEIGHT (155 lb?) TODAY!!

I'm going to presume that is a back-squat and she did 5 reps!!

And, yes, she began NROL4W the first week of January, I think. She has grown VERY strong in a VERY short period of time....

I am SO PROUD OF YOU, LAURIE!!

WOW! Way to go Laurie. I can't wait toge there!!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'll also be finishing stage 1 this week and it's a little bitter sweet. On the bright side I'm looking forward to my week without lifting to do some spring clean, painting and fun cardio classes. (It'll be my SPring break)
  • Koketa0510
    Options
    Stage 1 goes like this:
    If you work out 3 days a week, let's say M,W,F: first week you do M-A, W-B, F-A. Second week you do M-B, W-A,F-B. And you go like this until the end.

Work out A 1:
    Squat- set 1, 15 reps , rest 60 sec

Squat-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Push up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Seated Row-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Push up- set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Seated Row-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Step up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 1, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

Step up-set 2, 15 sets, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 2, 8 reps, rest 60 sec.

For Workout A2 you go the same way, A3 and A4-12 reps, A5 and A6-10 reps, A7 and A8-8 reps. The Jackknife goes, 8, 10, 12, 15 reps only.

For Workout B1:

Deadlift- set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Deadlift-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

DB Shoulder Press-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Wide-grip Lat Pulldown-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

DB SHoulder Press-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Wide-grip Lat Pulldown-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Lunge-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Swiss-ball Crunch-set 1, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

Lunge-set2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Swiss-ball Crunch-set 2, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

You follow the reps for B the same way as A wokrouts.

Stage 1: you do 8 A workouts and 8 B workouts, so that makes 16 workouts total. If you do them 3 times a week, you will be done in 5 and 1/2 weeks. If you do them 2 times a week, you will be done in 8 weeks. Plus at the end there are 2 special work outs- one A and one B, so that will give you a half week or a week more.

I hope this helps you! It was hard for me to figure out too, I never lifted before this program. Good luck!

Thank you so much :bigsmile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Meggle, if it were me, I would time my weight-lifting break to coincide with my C25 run. So, I think doing one extra week of Stage 1 (with the lowest reps and highest weights being the ACTUAL work-outs I would choose from Stage 1), and then doing your brutal cardio week, and THEN head right into Stage 2 once your cardio is done.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I made it through my heavy cardio session, yesterday. And, I learned something about my body....it has been 5 weeks since I have done step-aerobics. And, I was pretty worried about my stamina, actually. As it turned out, my heart and lungs were FINE....but, truly, my legs had nothing left to give by about 40 minutes into it. They were VERY tired and sore from the weight-training the day before. So, it was my LEGS that gave out. Interesting!

Anyway, all that pounding took its toll on my stupid right foot....and, I was doing a pretty good limp the remainder of yesterday. My upper back/shoulder were fine until I went to bed....and then it throbbed all night long.

:(

Now I'm upright, again, and it all feels better-ish. I'm going to the gym just to get in some light cardio and TONS of stretching.

And, for the next few weeks/months, I'm going to work on my nutrition-plan. It went off the rails when I went to Hawaii and it really hasn't gotten back into appropriate form. All my fault. So, I'm going to get back at it. I *do* feel better when I eat better - this I know.

PS - my first "challenge" will be NOT to late-night snack as I head into "mad men" premiere this evening....
  • silvernswan
    silvernswan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    awww, Beeps, I hope all your sore spots get less sore soon!!