Daily Chat Thread

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    emgel - sounds like the weather is getting in the way of a lot of "best laid plans". Glad you got a home workout and yummy breakfast!

Ashley - welcome!

LB2LL - yay for running! sometimes our lifting gains are pretty subtle ("wasn't as terrible"), but let's celebrate 'em!

today was spin class for me...glad its behind me. Gave me the leeway to enjoy a burrito for lunch!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Yesterday was a running day and that means today is lifting! I will be doing the last workout of Stage 2. Holy Moly that went by quick! Not as many/much of gains as I would like but there still is improvement. I am still at my max for step ups but the last one I did for workout A wasn't as terrible using 30# dumbells as it had been all of the times before.

I've just finished Stage One and this week is my rest week. My gym partner had to go to the gym today, so I went with. I did the sixth week day 1 of Couch 2 5k. I did it. It was hard but it was fine. I'd have NEVER said that before. Clearly I am fitter than before. I do enjoy running.
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Hi all! I'm brand new, just did S1B1 today. I was super wimpy on Monday when I did A1 and barely used any weight. The workout was too easy (though I ended up sore), so today I really pushed it. It felt like a "real" workout! I'm such a dork, though -- I thought that you had to add up all the weight numbers on the lat machine and row machine to get your total. As in, 5 + 12.5 + the next number down, etc. equals the total weight. Not that if you put the pin in 12.5, that IS your total. Oops!

Hungry, hungry, hungry! I need to figure out how to reconcile the calorie recs in the book and my FitbBit. But I know that if I'm hungry and my head is spinning, I need to eat something, LOL.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    hi hi hi I'm here. I know I've been AWOL. Really AWOL, my last workout was Saturday. Mike had Xrays on Tuesday, and I had so much work every other day I couldn't get to the gym. I will go tomorrow morning without fail, I'm doing my 4th B workout of Stage 4. I haven't decided yet if I'm doing a 5th or not. I have for Stage 2 and 3, so I might continue.

I can breathe again! Mike & I went to see the surgeon. Everything is GREAT!!! He can go back to work, he can drive, he can even ride the motorcycle if he feels up to it!! Whoop whoop, see me doing a happy dance!! YEA YEA YEA! He still has a huge wound, but that wound vac is really doing it's job! We both " resume your regular programming" on Monday.

ETA: hi all you new folks! really glad to see you here!
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    suelegal - thats great news about Mike.

I did Stage 2 A3 this morning. I upped all my weights and it was a killer!!!!
    I felt like giving up on every single exercise, but I didn't. It was hard, but I needed to up my weights. In the end, after all my moaning and wanting to quit, I felt great. I am getting stronger and I love it.

Also, I am wearing trousers that were too small a few months ago. Its funny how fitting in a smaller pair of trousers can make your whole day. Today is going to be a great day.
  • suelegal
    Whoop! 4th Stage4B workout. I've decided with my trainer to call it good. I increased weights in each lift, except for the cuban snatch! I'll have to record all the individual weight gains but I increased my wide-grip deadlifts to my PR of 110 (I really prefer regular deadlifts, but I was glad to get back to 110). I did better on the split squats, though still not as much as I'd like, but my inverted pull downs are a solid 90 which makes me very happy!

Next week, I'm going to do other stuff. Satruday I'm going to spin again - I really enjoyed the class last week and I think I'll make spinning at least a 1x/wk exercise from now on. I also have been talking with my trainer about working on increasing LBM and decreasing my BF%. He wants me to try carb cycling - "no" carb/low carb/high carb/no carb/ high carb/low carb. No carb means only high fiber veggies, low means 35-50 carbs (brown rice, sweet potatos etc) and high carb is 75-150 carbs. I will also increase cardio on my non-lifting days. FWIW, my trainer is prepping for a show and has lost 25lbs by carb cycling increasing cardio slightly. Has anyone else tried this?
  • allikat819
    allikat819 Posts: 125 Member
    Hey, ladies. I know a lot of you have moved on to Supercharged, but is anyone still working on NROLAbs? I've checked out the group, but it's really not very active and I'd like a bit more support than that :-)
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Just stopping in really quick. Yesterday had a crazy day and then after a doctor's appointment figured it would be best to rest and in turn finish out Stage 2 on Friday and finishing it out STRONG. Today is a nice little 30 minute tempo run.

Hope you all can kick some butt!
  • lcuconley
    LB2LL - here's to finishing strong! Can't wait for your report!

Allikat - is NR4abs a core type workout or is the focus fat reduction? Maybe you could post on the general fitness board to find people who are doing it.

Sue - congrats on stage 4! Great news about Mike! I've never tried carb cycling. Sounds like a lot of work!

Rachie - great job on pushing yourself! Awesome news about your pants!

Headed to soccer shortly. It's an 8 p game, so I hope it will be easier to get up tomorrow am to lift!
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Major snowstorm here today, so no hope of getting to the gym. I'm going to try stage 1 A2 at home, but my heaviest dumbbells are 10lbs. I don't want to leave the workout until tomorrow because that will mentally throw off my schedule, and that has always been my fitness/health downfall. I figure a sub-par workout will be better than potentially falling off the wagon, right?
  • lcuconley
    Major snowstorm here today, so no hope of getting to the gym. I'm going to try stage 1 A2 at home, but my heaviest dumbbells are 10lbs. I don't want to leave the workout until tomorrow because that will mentally throw off my schedule, and that has always been my fitness/health downfall. I figure a sub-par workout will be better than potentially falling off the wagon, right?

Good luck with the snow. Definitely better to keep your momentum! I decided to take a rest day today. I played really hard in my soccer game yesterday and want to give 100% to lifting since I am only going to get two sessions in this week.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    Still i palm springs....unfortunately!

Spent the entire day at the airport, yesterday....arrived at 9 am, flight at 11. One hour delayed. Finally push away from the gate about 12:20 pm. We speed up for take-off and, all of a sudden, aborted take-off!

Back to the gate. Wait on the plane. (This plane is BRAND NEW - has been operating only one month.)

Light showing "open door" won't go off in the ****-pit. They deplane us. Have us wait around 4 or 5 hours. Then, finally say, "flight cancelled."

:(

So, our rescheduled flight isn't until 3:00 pm today. Glad my nanny could stay. Won't be home until 8 tonight.

I'm going to find the gym at the hotel and hit the weights, today. Gawd..
  • suelegal
    Enjoy the warm weather?
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Quick check in but hello!

My knee is still being a little wonky so I'm not sure what is up with that. I had intentions of going to the gym tonight BUT as of now they are without power and figured they might just remain closed. I REALLY hope that if the power comes back in a reasonable amount of time that they will open. I get that it is bad here but the owner has a tendency to keep the gym closed all the dang time. It's frustrating.

Hope you all have a great weekend!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,096 Member
    The weather sucks here, today....cloudy, windy, maybe 14 degrees?

Got a 90-minute weight work-out in! I'm nicely sore all over....feeling less stressed....off to eat some mexican food and then back at the airport.

I tell you, my (very flexible) nanny is the love of my life!
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Beeps I hope you make it home soon! that sounds like quite the ordeal!

I was hoping, planning, wishing to get to the gym this morning but my son woke up with a temp AGAIN this morning. it has been a bad few weeks. perhaps we are just getting it all out in one fell but long swoop. fingers crossed.

I will be running tomorrow and probably Sunday. I declare a lifting day for Monday.

on a fun and slightly more positive, less whiny, note, I have hooked a friend on NROL. She is so fit but has no workout plan and has been talking about being frustrated about just kind of wandering the gym and randomly lifting with no real plan so I loaned her my NROL book for the weekend. She is hooked and going to buy it. Cool!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Beeps, that totally stinks! Glad that you were able to get in a workout (and Mexican food)!

LB2LL, hope your knee feels better. Don't overdo it!

gadenni, seems like this year has been horrible for viruses and crap. Hope you're son feels better soon. Great job converting your friend to NROL4W!
    I think I may have my brother talked into starting a lifting program. Like me, he was overweight as a kid and has struggled his entire life with sticking with a workout plan. He told me a few weeks ago that he was impressed with how much my body has changed recently. I told him to start lifting heavy things!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    yeah, it's the weekend! Oh wait I have a seminar and a kids birthday tomorrow, another formal eval to prepare for, and a household to run. No idea if a trip to the gym will be anywhere in that equation. To be honest I need to make time just to maintain my sanity.
    My back squat has now joined my DL at 85lbs. woop! Almost there. Surprisingly I haven't had any DOMS since I went back to heavy lifting hmmm. Am I not challenging myself enough?
  • suelegal
    Oh man am I sore today! Those DLs and inverted pull-downs are KILLING me!! No, not bad, certainly good. I have to go get on the elliptical for 30 min. I haven't had a chance all day to even think about sneaking off. I think I'll be working all weekend too :grumble: which does NOT make me happy at all!

Hope you are on your way home Beeps with no more interruptions and Gretch healing thoughts for that poor guy of yours.

Sam, yea!! I can't wait to do barbell squats again!

LBLL2 did it open? Hope so, and hope you didn't overdo!

Cowgirl, I saw that NSV of yours! How totally awesome! ..and congrats on getting your brother involved too!!

I'm lifting and spinning tomorrow! Yea!
  • lcuconley
    Good morning ladies. Had a super workout today with a warm up run, workout 2A3, 5 min of intervals on the treadmill, and then an hour of hot yoga!

Sue - way to workout. Sorry to hear you will be working all weekend...I need to do some work as well.

Sam - good luck on getting a workout in this weekend! Great job on you strength gains. Soreness usually reflects doing something new...you don't need to strive for it regularly. However, if you can up your weights, do it.

Gadenni - kids can really get in the way of our lives, huh? They get older and sick less often, so hang in there.

Beeps - way to use your extra day to get a workout in! Mmmmmm Mexican.