Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    cowgirl, I hate all my chins. Whenever I look at a photo of me, my chins are the first thing I check out, even before my belly.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I get busy for a few days and the thread blows up.
    1. I'd love a bullet, but I'm super lazy and I'd have to use it.
    2. I'm loving my body....most days. Right now I'm ovulating so I feel bloated and gross and it messes with your head so I'm in a negative frame of mind.
    3. Beeps, thanks for your opinion n Life Vs. Supercharged. you just gave me permission to buy the less expensive book.
    4. I did ABS after 4W. I really missed the heavy lifting. I found it unmotivating though I would like to incorporate some of the moves into a new routine.
    5. Totally lazy day and well deserved. Time for a nap and maybe I'll hit the gym later.

Happy Lifting ladies!!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    The reason that someone told me to check-out the Cuisinart 4-cup is because:

a) it's better for smaller jobs (i.e. it isn't a 12-cup blender, or whatever);
    b) it's sturdier than the chopp-y things; and
    c) it's easy clean-up.

I never use our blender OR food processor because they are so difficult to put together and take apart - why bother?
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    samntha - I'm actually in the opposite "head space" right now. I think my FEAR RE: BAD FORM takes over when I attempt heavier lifts. So, for me, right now, lifting in the "medium" range, but knowing my form is PERFECT, has been sooooooooooooo much better on my psyche.

And, I feel, my shape hasn't suffered AT ALL. I'm looking pretty good.

Nope, I'm not banging out any "PR's"....nor can I brag about how much I'm squatting or deadlifting. True.

And....I STILL have to work on the damn push-ups!!
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Cowgirl, LOL - you're right - only 2 sets of squats. But to me, anything lunge-like is working the same muscles. The rear-foot elevated lunge? 60 of those! each leg! I'm not kidding you that my hamstrings are CRAZY sore and very tight. I tried to do some stretching today, but I'm still finding it a bit difficult to walk. I need to learn how those foam roller thingys work. I think that would help me.

The barbell bench press today was cool!! I've been wanting to bench press. Seems like such a standard lift. I went with 65lbs and it was very doable without a spotter. The step ups were....tough by the 3rd set and I love me some step ups. I remember you said this stage is totally a mental game. I get it now!

I had planned on running afterwards. So I got on the treadmiill and ran for 2 minutes, then realized my muscles were spent. I will have to run on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I just cannot combine the lifting and running on the same day in this stage.

Emgel - you crack me up with your passions! I've heard of the magic bullet, but can't remember what it looks like. I have a regular ole blender (Osterizer) and it works great for my protein shakes. I leave the bottom part attached and just plop it in the dishwasher. I have one of those handheld blenders, but never use it.

WHAT ARE RED VELVET M&M CRINKLES? *drool*
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I have not posted on the daily chat thread in a while. I got behind on everyone's posting and I kept saying that I'd post when I could catch up, but its not happening!

Kmsairam - I am really inspired by your stage 7 stories! Yes, foam rolling is amazing!

I have a regular blender and we use it for smoothies all the time...even kale smoothies are awesome. Its super easy to take apart and put into the dishwasher. Just bought some protein powder last week.

Samantha - nap?!? OMG am I jealous!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sam, Supercharged keeps the big lifts, but you work back into them. Hard to explain, but it *seems* to make sense. And the core work is making me hurt in places I never knew I had muscles :) I get what you mean about missing the bigger lifts. Sometimes you just need to do a DL!

K, gotcha! I figured that's what you meant. I've never been so sore as I was in Stage 7. I just wanted to quit during EVERY workout. I'm sure you'll like the results. I really felt my whole body was leaner and I was just in better shape after finishing it.
    I made the Red Velvet Crinkles from here: http://www.chelseasculinaryindulgence.com/2012/12/3rd-day-of-christmas-red-velvet-crinkle.html
    But I didn't have the white chips so I used M&Ms instead. Oh. My.Gosh. They are amazing. I had 5 today. :blushing:

Beeps, does the VI do upper and lower body split days? Many of the lifting routines (for competitive body builders) that I read about do this and I'm not sure I understand the advantage. And they require 5-6 days/week of lifting. But I am so uneducated about it, I really have no idea what is "best".
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I did the first A workout of Stage 3 last night. I'm slightly sore today but it's good. I was happy with what I was able to do yesterday and I was able to push without pushing too hard and aggravating the knee/ankle. I also made a really good paleo dinner so that was yummy! The B workout seems so much harder and the moves a bit more technical so I need to research and figure everything out tonight after I do an easy (emphasis on easy and being all braced up) 6x400m. Instead of a full out sprint I will just increase to a 5k pace (which it's supposed to be anyways).
  • rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I will finish up Stage 2 tonight. I am excited about starting stage 3. I am still loving lifting, I have finally found exercise that I enjoy and want to continue with. I am very proud of myself. I have been a quitter in the past, or not really pushed myself.

I am hoping for some inch loss when I take my measurements on Saturday, fingers crossed something has changed.
  • LB2LL
    Options
    Rachie, good luck on Saturday! I hope you see what you are aiming for!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    chubby - Venus is all full-body work-outs. (i.e. NOT "split days"). So, 3 x per week is still the guideline of how often to do these weightlifting routines.

So nice to read how SORE everybody is! That means you're all pumping those heavy weights - nicely done!

My knees are completely black-and-blue, today....as are the top 5" of my shins. I hope deadlifts don't appear tomorrow - but I can probably handle them, again, by Monday.

My upper body is tight-as-a-drum! More bi's/tri's work than I've done since BEFORE NROL4W, that's for sure! Just in time for summer - I'm not disappointed that there's a bit more upper body work in Phase 2 (Phase 1 was plenty of lower body work).
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy to be sore today! I thought my workout yesterday was so wimpy, but I really WAS doing something! Had my chiro appointment this morning, and it hurt! I've never had work done while I was sore, because I never used to work out. It's going to be the norm now!

I had my chiro check my BW squat and I was mostly doing it right. I just needed to tighten my abdomen.

Going to do my C25K in a few minutes. Want to run through this soreness!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Oh I am just so far behind! You all are amazing, and doing such awesome things.

I'm in an in between week and working with my trainer on shoulders (assisted pullups too!) chest db bench presses) and biceps with some legs (weighted elongated walking lunges) and core tossed in (PLANKS-bleh!).

O.M.G.

I am so sore! My arms and shoulders feel like JELLO! I'm really afraid what I will feel like tomorrow!!! I love this guy! He encourages me to work hard, and really keeps my form right on point

I will start 5 on Monday.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm totally down with you getting a personal trainer, sue....especially one who concentrates on FORM, pushes you to AIM HIGHER, and leaves you feeling WIPED/SORE. I love your personal trainer. I heart him SO MUCH! (Is it a boy?)

I did boring ol' yoga at lunch....but, that's all that was offered through my work's little lunch-time fitness club. Boooo. Still, I stayed and did it.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Yoga is good too Beeps! Ok, maybe not necessarily the only thing you do, but it a real workout too!

He is a guy and in 4 weeks he's competing in s body building and strength contest. He has a trainer too, which I think is as important as me having a trainer. He listens to me, and answers questions, but he also is open to information that I find too! Yea, I'm gonna keep using him! I do much better workouts with him guiding me!

My gf is in town from London. Usually I go spend at least 1 or 2 nights with her, but not this year. I won't leave Mike overnight yet, hard enough to be gone all day for work! But we hung out for a few hours tonight and I'll go have dinner with her tomorrow too. Saturday I think I'm going to drag them all out this way and that way Mike gets to visit too! Sunday morning she and her daughter and I are going to a bridal salon so her daughter can hopefully find her wedding dress! I'm sure it will be a blast!
  • LB2LL
    Options
    Apparently my legs can only handle lifting and not running. At least I can do something! Last night's "run" was a disastrous 0.1 mile before I had to quit ;) I think the brace I was wearing aggravated it and treadmill running is just no bueno. Tonight I will wear the brace while lifting (doesn't hurt to use when I lift). I'm doing workout B of Stage 3. I find the YW.... whatever that is on the incline bench really confusing so that will take some time to get used to. Tomorrow I might consider a jog outside without the brace to see if that feels any better. I think the pull back from the treadmill is a killer on the ankle.

Hope everyone sticks with their workout plans for today and the weekend!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    sue - I know that TRUE YOGI'S think yoga is a "work-out". I call it "extended stretching/flexibility" work....which just is NOT my favourite! (And, frankly, holding "poses" for minutes on end just makes me B-O-R-E-D.)

I hope you have a good time with your friend from london!

LB2LL - sometimes a "rest" is the RIGHT ANSWER.

Today, I lift.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sue, that sounds like such fun! I hope you enjoy your time with her. And YAY for having a great PT. Must be so nice to have someone to really push you.

LB2LL, I hope your ankle feels better soon. What a bummer. It's so frustrating to WANT to exercise and be limited by an injury. The YTWL will be easier once you get the hang of it. I found I had to tweak my movements to figure out how to get the burn out of it. Once you do, you'll love to hate it.

I haven't been able to lift since Monday. The kids have been sick all week with one thing or another and DH has worked late every night. I need to LIFT!!!
  • LB2LL
    Options
    Chubby, thanks for the encouragement! We will see how it goes!

Beeps, as a former athlete that has dealt with minor injuries it is SO hard to just rest, especially when it doesn't hurt throughout the day. I will attempt and stop if there is pain like I did the other night. Right now I have full range of motion, no bruising, no swelling so I'm not sweating it too much. I'm definitely not doing the 5k race I had planned on doing tomorrow.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    So many sick people. I hope you all get better soon. I've got a stuffy nose at the moment. Just making sure I don't get sick. Last thing I need.