Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• rachietuk
    rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    New week, new food!!!!

I spent a lot of time this weekend thinking, reading and talkng about where I am going, what I'm doing.

Food - this is changing. Although I usually keep under my calories, it not always the best choice. This weekend I bought fruit and veggies, all fresh. I spent a lot of time yesterday preparing everything for this week. I will not be dinking, I will be making good choice and cutting out as much processed and snacky foods as possible.

Cardio - this will take second pace to lifting, but I still feel like I need to do some. I will walk outside with the dog as much as possible and hit the arc machine once or twice a week.

NROL4W - after a lot of talking with my husband, I have decided to stop for a while. We have all the equiptment we need at home to do stonglifts, husband does this already. By changing to stonglifts, I get to sleep longer in the mornings, but still workout in the mornings, I get to spend more time at home, less gym time. I will not be so tired at nights, I will not be going to bed at 8.30pm. At this point, this is important. My son is struggling with classes at school and I need to be around to help him with homework, projects etc.

Maybe by the summer I can get back to NROL4W. My son will be done school, and hopefully back on track. Thats the most important thing right now.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,997 Member
    Options
    Hey, REPORT IN FOR THE STAR CHALLENGE:

Beeps 2011
    emgel9
    lcuconley
    chubbycowgirl
    fratgirl713
    jcjsjones
    suelegal
    mcbellnz

How many calories did YOU eat Monday, april 1 through Sunday, April 7th.

I hit 10,000. That gives me a SILVER star!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I didn't eat very well over the weekend - more junk than I should have and, frankly, I'd had SUCH a good (low) calorie week, I'm miffed at myself for a weekend blow-out.

Alas, I LOVE MONDAYs....starting fresh keeps me HAPPY!

I still have my cold, but it's bearable....just a chest-cough. Will lift today.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Hey beeps - my score this week is 13461/12600 or +861...My issue is that I have a bad day like last saturday and I dont have a "eat less tomorrow" rule to bring me in line for the week. Hmmm.

Rachie - sounds like you have a plan. Good for you! You can certainly still hang out with us here even though you are shifting programs!!!

kmsai - I am toying with doing sprint workouts since I have a soccer break. Have you ever done anything like that? I started last summer, but then was injured playing soccer. I am totally with you on the setting a goal approach, but I like little goals, too, which is why when i did half marathon training I followed a program so I knew every day what my goal was.

so I did 3B3 today. felt good, but I ran out of time at the end. Need to set my alarm for 5 instead of 520...or just get moving faster in the am...

QUESTION of the Day: someone is going to give you two plane tickets to anywhere. where would you go and who would you take? Lisbon with hubby...
  • swingsnatchlift
    swingsnatchlift Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Beeps, I just realized that I forgot to reply to participate. Is it too late? I aim to net 1,700 each day, so 11,900 each week.
  • emgel9
    emgel9 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

This was a busy weekend on the forum!

The challenge: Beeps I totally forget what the different colors mean but I ate over my calories by about 500 calories last week...sooo, um, silver?

Update: Yesterday was my 10 mile race. It went ok. I managed not to take a huge hit on time (finished in 1 hour, 51 minutes) but my hip was def hurting. And I have MAJOR DOMS today. Went to the doctor this am and it turns out I do have a muscle spasm in my hip. He did a trigger point injection and while it is sore I am hoping it will be feeling LOADS better tmw! I HATE when doctors go "does this hurt?" and you say "YES!" and then they keep doing the thing that hurts and go "how about now?" I JUST SAID THAT HURTS! STOP IT STOP STOP IT!

Anyway, I hope to be able to hop on the elliptical tmw to work out all these muscles and take it a bit easy. As for lifting, I think I need to make a change. My issues with the race showed me how much my running has suffered since I took up New Rules, I think I need to do something that takes up less time at the gym so I can lift and then run - still mulling it over but I am open to ideas!

Rachie - food has been my issue since I joined MFP. I just love it. It is delicious. I am still playing around with what works best for me re how to eat healthy. Let me know how you like Stronglifts! I have been considering that!

QOTD: this is an old question but i freakin LOVE dessert. I have a HUGE sweet tooth, and my biggest vice is donuts. I never eat them because just eating one is like a waste to me.

Today's QOTD: australia!! I've been once and I'd LOVE to go back!

Beeps - we really do need a pic of you, sounds like you are killing it.
  • swingsnatchlift
    Options
    I have been super bad about posting here, but I'll give it a go:

Sam - congrats on the size 6! How exciting! I agree about adding in some cardio activity. I am in that 40+ plus crowd, and while I don't do any specific cardio on off days, I do focus on staying active and walking. I'ts been hard, because the weather has been terrible here, but I know once it warms up there will be lots of walks, playing at the park and bike rides with the kids.

Rachie - I'm glad you came up with a plan to make changes that work best for you and your family. NROL4W will always be there if you ever want to go back to it. Sounds like you're going to make some great changes to your diet as well.

Sue - hope you got your bike ride in. I am way too chicken to do BB step-ups.

Cowgirl - Wow you are busy! Hope you enjoyed your wild turkey.

deksrl - hope day 1 of Stage 2 goes well.

lcuconley - 5am is so early. I've tried getting up early and going to the gym but it's been a fail every single time. I would need to be home by 6am for my older two kids, and getting up at 4:15ish is just way too early.

beeps - congrats on getting so close!

emgel9 - hope you get continued relief on your hip! Glad to hear it wasn't anything major. Don't have any input on changing things up, but hope you figure out something that works for you!

QOTD - favorite dessert? I don't know, I love so many. Tiramisu cake maybe? As far as a trip, I have no idea. There are so many places I haven't been. Toss up between New Zealand, the Scandinavian countries and many parts of Canada.

Today I will be doing 1B6. Stage one is going great, and so far have been really happy with my results. I was really hoping to hit 100# for my squat and 135# for my deadlift, so we shall see. I never took before pictures, and now I'm really bummed about that.
  • swingsnatchlift
    Options
    OK, I'm back. There was trouble with the littles. Anyway....

kmsairam - Awesome job setting a goal and sticking with it. I've decided I'm not meant to run long distances. I totally admire people who can run half and full marathons. I'm with you on the commando - there is just no way.

Another QOTD - I strive for 40/30/30, but I really end up hitting the protein higher. I try for min. 150g on non-lifting days, more on lifting days, so like 40%. As far as carbs and fats, I focus on keeping dietary fiber up (around 20g) and keeping my saturated fat at or below 17g to ensure I"m getting enough good fats and keeping the saturated fat under control. I have no idea where I actually end up with carbs and fat. Now I'm interested, and I may need to go check.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    ...and, here's the UPDATED chart for the April-STAR challenge!

Anyone else gonna enter?? We don't actually 'start' until Monday, so there's plenty of time to GEAR UP for this CHALLENGE!

Date: Apr. 1, 2013
    Handle of Participant Weekly alotted calories

Beeps 2011 9,800
    emgel9 13,300/11,900
    lcuconley 12,600
    chubbycowgirl 13,500
    fratgirl713 14,000
    jcjsjones 12,488
    suelegal 11,800
    mcbellnz 9,100

ACK!! This week is worse! 12543

I was over 1 day but I ate back all my exercise cals which I am trying not to do. I was HUNGRY all week!!! I'm over by 743, if my math is correct. What does that make me? I have to go look I forgot what the ranges are.

If you are OVER by 501 - 1,000 calories for the week, BRONZE STAR.

I'll have to do better next week!

Lots of walking today, and I lift in the morning! 3rd A of Stage5. I'm anxious to get started on 6! I can't wait to try negative pullups!

No bike ride this weekend, Mike is still not 100%, and on top of that he has tape allergies, and has blisters on blisters, even using barrier. His poor skin is just so sensitive and never really gets a chance to heal up. It's itchy and painful for him. The wound is doing very very well, and he has an appt with his surgeon on Thursday. I don't think he'll be completely released, but I know he's so much improved since the last time he was there.

Rachie, I am really intrigued by StrongLifts. It's on my "todo" list, sometime after NROL4W. I'd love to hear how you like it! Love that you worked out a plan that fits your lifestyle! Stay here and share with us please?

Beeps, I still have a nagging drip that tickles my throat. It's annoying, and I'm thinking mine might actually be allergies.

I think I am going to add another morning at the gym and switch up some cardio - did I say that already? Not a lot, but something like HIIT, and only for 20-30 min. I like my elliptical but I get bored with it, so I think a day on either the arc trainer &/or treadmill might shake things up a bit too.

Cowgirl, we get wild turkey in our back yard, and deer and a couple of other beasts. One evening a coyote walked thru - he was intent on finding what he smelled and was gone as fast as he arrived.

QOTD
    Australia with hubby!

Have a great Monday!
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sue - Oh wow, I get a bronze star, too, I had given up hope of getting a star. Sorry to hear that Mike is still having issues. We have allergies to band aids in our family, too. It's tough when the "cure" causes more issues.

Emgel - congrats on your race! What did your doc inject?!?! I hope you are feeling better tomorrow! You are so funny: no donuts 'cause you can't eat just one! I just never find them satisfying enough for all the fat and cals.

Luv - you should go back and look. You might be surprised and if you've been logging, the data is there. Today I read an article on getting enough protein in the NY times and went back to see how I was doing. Kind of cool to be able to look!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sure, luv, you can enter the challenge (except for Week1, which has just passed). Here's the "scoring":

To be "accountable", let's post, here, what our "weekly calorie alottment" is, and if you stay within THOSE calories, for the week, GOLD STAR.

If you are UNDER those calories, for the week, PLATINUM STAR.

If you are OVER by 1 - 500 calories for the week, SILVER STAR.

If you are OVER by 501 - 1,000 calories for the week, BRONZE STAR.

And, if you are OVER BY 1,001> calories for the week, NO STAR.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I will get some pictures done, eventually. I plan on having a DXA scan done near the end of May and, if it shows <20%, I'm rewarding myself with a fitness photo shoot.

Having said that, it might not be <20%, which means I have to keep working!

I could take some "body part" shots, but who has the time?? Just getting in my work-outs, my sleep, etc., is REALLY a gong-show right now.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Did anyone buy Bret C's "strong curves"?? I'm told, on a different forum, that the "pre-ordered" copies have arrived in the (USA) mail!

I've incorporated his "hip thrusts" into my venus work-outs, but would like to hear what others think of his "strong curves" program!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    It was YESTERDAY before all my soreness was gone! :noway:

I didn't have time to get to the gym today so I walked outside up and down hills for a good leg workout .
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    soreness = good
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Ok, I was 290 under net so platinum star! I wasn't going to go by net, but after looking at my numbers again, that should work great.
  • fratgirl713
    Options
    Hey ladies! Chiming in to give my numbers. I was sick this weekend and food and I were not getting along. Needless to say, it was pretty easy to stay under my calories. 11, 757 is my total for the week.

I will try to read up on everyone's activities for the past few days tomorrow to catch up on all the news. Til then, party on!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    ah, information overload. Nobody was here yesterday. Ok I want to respond to everybody, but I just don't have time right now. Hubby is waiting for me on the couch. Only lifting twice this week. I did Body works tonight, my core sucks. Catch you tomorrow.

I am under my weekly calorie goal by 1077, I guess that's a gold star right?
  • RalphthePutz
    RalphthePutz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Luv - how do you manage to make your fiber macro? I'm having the hardest time getting my fiber in.

I spent the day cleaning the house (it really really needed it). Ever since I've discovered Nrol4W and EM2WL -I've completely neglected the house. BUT - I was so busy that I forgot to eat several times and I wasn't logging in all the time either- Total cals after dinner for the whole day - 563 Whoops! So I added a protein shake before bed. Tomorrow I'll do better. I just hope I have enough energy to lift tomorrow morning!

I'm so proud of myself that lately I've been eating so much better and trying to hit my macros (two weeks ago I didn't know what a macro was). I'm logging everyday - BUT now that I'm eating well and lifting - I want to see results NOW! lol. When I was eating junk all the time, I didn't have this impatience problem, there was always tomorrow I can do better. Waiting for results is killing me!!! But I'm really enjoying my new lifestyle. I eat when I'm hungry and I'm so much happier w/ more protein and healthy fats. I don't have such crazy mood swings (well - not as much). I'll be interested to see how my next TOM goes (when it's not chocolate bunny season). I've stocked up on cocoa almonds in advance.

Goodnight and sleep tight lovelies.
  • kmsairam
    kmsairam Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Italy with my BFF. Mad at hubby right now...