Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• celticmyss
    celticmyss Posts: 10
    Options
    BTW, Hi Celtic and welcome :)

Hello! Thanks for all the advice when I was first looking into it.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Rest day=Dunkin' Donut induced binge day. So sorry.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    seven [eight...the NYT can't count!] minute workout>>>

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout

I am going to do this 2x during my daughter's soccer practice tonight...

Oh never mind...I am not impressed. I did it 3 times. I can come up with something better.

Sam, Sam, Sam. What are we going to do with you?!?

Celtic - hi!

Zaftig - THAT'S what I should have done!

Em - Two hours to get home?! Where do you live? You CAN get up and work out...just go to sleep at a reasonable time.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options

breezedaze - what is your weekly alotment of calories??

I don't know...guess I should do the math on that!

I am so excited for the changes I am seeing now.

I did that double up on the workouts which has me finished the first stage today with the special workouts..my strength has increased for sure and visually the changes are remarkable...

I ate more this week but also upped the activity as it's been nice out so yard work/walking/biking has be constantly moving..plus the workouts.

I changed my profile photo...I am pretty nearly back to last Fall's size which is the smallest and fittest I've been so I'm thinking by mid July I'll be in fantastic shape..my daughter's wedding will be July 13 and I want to be a hot mama of the bride then....by Christmas I should be at my ultimate goal.

My challenge is working out when school lets out..no day care and my mother will be away.....I may hire a local girl 3 times a week.

I can't stop..it's not an option!
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello everyonel. I just started on Wednesday and can't wait to do workout B tonight. I have read all the boards and am excited to see changes to my body the next few months.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    No workout yesterday but I was expecting that. Today is a lifting day... woo! I believe on Monday I will just be rounding out Stage 3 finally.

rsharper, I'm glad you are liking it so far!
  • celticmyss
    celticmyss Posts: 10
    Options
    Lifting day here too. I'm looking forward to it.

Today was my first day having a smoothie for breakfast. I'm pleasantly surprised to find that I'm still not hungry over two hours later. While I know it should have filled me up, my brain has a hard time comprehending that liquid = food. I usually crave something more substantial right away.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Look at all the new "chatter-ers" who showed up here! WELCOME!

Today is a regularly-scheduled lift day. But, today I will not lift! I'm having lunch with gf's - to celebrate one of them who is turning "50"! WHOO HOO!!

Therefore, last night's TRX class I REALLY tried to give it my all. Here's how I'll grade myself:

1. push-ups - did 10 on the first set (wow!! 10 from the floor - 1ST TIME EVER!), 8 the second set, about 6.5 the last set.
    2. refused to do all the "forward-momentum-jump-squats" across the gym (9 sets, in between all other stuff going on). Just did 10 BW squats (*kitten*-to-grass) while the other TRX-ers were jumping around.
    3. shoulder-work/back-work - much better than what I did last week. I have one twinge-y front shoulder (my left arm), but the exercises we did this week didn't affect it.
    4. biceps - my biceps were SERIOUSLY sore from my Wed lift session. I just moved slowly through this work-out.
    5. hamstrings - YIKE-O-RAMA! I did 5 sets of 10 on each leg, yes, with my bum lifted off the ground (full reverse-plank position). But, the instructor wanted 6 sets. I bailed on the last one.
    6. got all my planks in.

I'm not NEARLY as sore as I thought I'd be! I was stiffening up pretty good before bedtime last night, but I'm walking around fine, today.

QOTD: WHAT IS EVERYONE DOING FOR MOTHER'S DAY ON SUNDAY?
  • rsharper97
    rsharper97 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Gotta ask, what is a TRX class? It sounds like a great workout whatever it is. I am starting the plank challenge with a group on people on Sunday. Planning on either a brunch or lunch for Mothers Day.
  • LB2LL
    Options
    Celtic, I always think the same thing when it comes to smoothies. It's weird how differently my brain processes being full from actually chewing vs. drinking.

QOTD: I am doing NOTHING. I'm a terrible daughter. I sent my mother a card and I'm sure we will go out for lunch or something at some point. My mom ended up being scheduled to work all of this weekend so I guess I'm not THAT terrible. ;)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    TRX = just 2 suspended cables, with handles/footholds on the end, that you use for bodyweight-style-strength/resistance work.

Link:

http://www.trxtraining.com/?gclid=CIS766uBjLcCFcFAMgodS2AAxQ
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I confess that this riDONKulous boudoir photo shoot that is coming up has me, well, NOT COMFORTABLE with what the hell is going on!

What do you "do" with boudoir photographs once you have them???? I mean, so hubby looks at them, says, "VA-VA-VA-VOOM", tosses them aside to "get with me"....and THEN WHAT/???

I *have* to do the photographs....it's a SURPRISE birthday party for my bff from law school. 4 of us "know" about the photo shoot (so, we can PREPARE - i.e. tan, fast, buy lingerie, etc.), but the birthday girl, herself, has NO IDEA!

Huh????

What if it's a "bloat" day for her?? I mean, even though we're springing to have her hair/make-up done, who CARES??

I think this is the WORST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!

Anyway, I'm a part of it, got roped in, have to figure out what "underwear" to wear (I mean, my corsets COVER my nice abs....I don't want that! But, with just bra and panties, there's still "flab" that spills over the top of a bra strap on the sides...)

UGH.

I think I'd rather do nude shots that show off my musculature, because then, at least, after the fact, I can show the shots around (there would be STRATEGICALLY placed sheets, people - not full-on nudes!) and say, "I took these to show off my musculature..."

otherwise, what's the point of boudoir photographs??? So I have some nice "smoke-and-mirror" shots??? I don't know.....I'm not convinced!!
  • LB2LL
    Options
    Beeps I've always toyed with the idea but you are right. I don't really get the point.

Also, I think that's a TERRIBLE present. You need to prep for that! That certainly is not spur of the moment. I'd probably freak out if people were all "SURPRISE WE ARE DOING BPICS!" Screw that noise.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    QOTD - my husband and oldest are out of town on Sunday, so I think I will let my girls make me breakfast in bed. I hope it will be nice enough to get some yardwork done. I definitely don't want to fight any crowds, so maybe we will go out for burritos...wish I lived close enough to my mom...she is GREAT for CHEAT days.

Beeps - I think the point is the experience of you and your friends. The pics are a keepsake, but not one you will treasure on a weekly basis. Maybe you should bring some scarves to strategically place? I really hope the birthday girl has expressed a desire to do this...otherwise it could be a huge bomb.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I'm really hoping the photographer (who is one of my gf's....and the BEST sister of gf who is having the bday!) has already told bday girl to "prep" for a photograph (in any event....) for her birthday!

So, even though she won't be expecting all us out-of-town old gf's to be there....at least she would have been preparing for her own "boudoir photograph" in any event.

Who knows????
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    If there is a hair/makeup artist there as well, then she can get prettified and not have to be taken off guard. It is kind of dicey, though... unless she's been really.

In my opinion, boudoir pics are mostly for yourself! I think they boost confidence, and it can be a nice image for your husband to have seen... lol. Personally, I wouldn't frame them :wink: but I have heard of people putting small albums together. Just to 'celebrate' their hot bods.
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    So, third week of NROLFW DONE. I switched to a wide squat stance to get closer to parallel and HOO HEE that worked my booty. Did #100 for the first time on a seated row!
    I hate step ups.

That's my report for the week, haha :)
  • samntha14
    Options
    Had a great day at the gym! Loved practically having the place to myself in he afternoon. Unfortunately, a bunch of dudes were using the smith machines for their bench lifts. Pretty impressive weight. Makes sense if you don't have a spotter, but I didn't get in my suspended rows. I did seated rows with the wide grip bar. My deadlift was at 95lbs 2x15. Not too shabby. Wanted to go heavier, but don't think I could have pulled off all 15 reps. I did the kettlebell swings for my metabolic. I'm not a fan of the metabolic, but I understand the purpose. Two more workouts and I'll be done with phase one of LIFE. I repeated a week because of the two weeks off I ended up doing.

Had a lovely lunch at my boys' school today. They had a catered buffet for the moms. We paid admission, but it was a very nice lunch and only about 400 cals.This weekend I will be seeing my grandma at a family gathering. We'll have all the great-grand kids there. There's 7 now :) On Sunday, I'm taking MY mom to a late lunch, and then my men are taking me to see Iron Man. I love me some RDJ :bigsmile:

I would love to do a professional photo shoot for my hubby. In fact, I wanted to make it his CHristmas present, but then I saw the price tag. He still has some pictures of me that are 20 years old when I was a nubile teen. I would frame them and make a calendar...That would be hidden, but I can totally see him using a pic of his "super hot wife" as his wallpaper. Something not too risque if someone sees it. We're fun like that :wink: In fact he has my valentines day pic saved on his phone now. I just have to say "knee-socks" and he gets all hot and bothered.
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to jump in here and say hey! I've been commenting on the specific stage posts but it looks like I'm in Stage 5 alone so thought I'd finally come talk to you daily peeps:)
  • samntha14
    Options
    Welcome Beck! The later stages get dead on the stage threads for some reason. Maybe too many people drop out before finishing them or something.

I am in pain. Like the worst DOMS of my life. Just laying in bed was bad. Now I have to walk back upstairs to get ready for my aunt's mothers' party, then drive my stick shift an hour each way to get there. :sad: