Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    sam - you play, you pay...seriously, you KNOW you got a great workout in yesterday!

beck - sorry I am being a laggard getting to stage 5!

zafitg - great job on you 100lb seated row!

so, I lifted to day...last 4A workout and I noticed that I am at 70 pounds for every lift except for woodchop (which is 75). totally weird!

QUESTION of the Day: what is your favorite vegetable? i am just finishing off some super yummy cauliflower, but my favorite still has to be broccoli.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    QOTD: Brocoli and fresh spinach, which is interesting because as a kid I wouldn't eat anything great lol

Yes, It was a good workout. Walking and bending has been hard today,

Sounds like you had a good workout too. Considering the types of lifts you are doing in stage 4 I'm not surprised about them all being around the same. My squats and deads seem to go together and so does my dumbbell work. There must be some kind of weird strength ratio.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Happy Mothers' Day Ladies
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Sam, I hope the DOMS is better this evening and that the party went well.

lc, funny that your lifts are all the same. Mine were always all over the place. I think I tend to push myself harder on lower body stuff, but my upper body strength is lacking.

QOTD: Definitely broccoli. Roasted is best, steamed is awesome, raw is great.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been MIA for the past few days. My middle child (boy) graduated high school Friday. :frown: I have one more baby. Fortunately, that will be 9 years away before graduation.

I had my annual CT scan Wednesday. CANCER FREE! It's been 9 years this summer. Doctors say I'm doing great. That's another reason I was MIA last week. All my drs are in my home state of KY so I've been traveling too.

I'm too tired to scroll up and read. I hope all is well.

Tomorrow back to the grind. :smooched:
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Manic that's so awesome! :)

I've been taking full advantage of Sundays being a rest day. It feels weird but I think my body has been thankful. Tonight will be my last workout of Stage 3! Only took me forfreakingever to get to this point.
  • lcuconley
    Options
    happy monday everyone!!

I got up early and polished of stage four this am! Yeah!! Beck...see you in Stage 5 on Thursday!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and mother's day!

Manic - that is so awesome! I have been cancer free for just a year, so I LOVE hearing good stories! ...and two out of the nest: excellent!

LB2LL - rest days are VERY important. My body ALWAYS thanks me. I guess you are entering stage 4 as I am leaving :-(
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,004 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Manic!! What great news to hear - and on Mother's Day weekend, too (well, Mother's Day in Canada/USA, anyway).

LB2LL - I enjoyed my "rest" day, yesterday, too.

Will lift, today - but am unsure if I'll go "hard" or more of an "easier" day....I guess I'll make up my mind when I pick up the weights!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Please report in for STAR CHALLENGE!

I get a PLAT * this week - was 185 calories UNDER my total - even with a BLOW-OUT Mother's Day! Yay!
  • lcuconley
    Options
    beeps - I was 263 over my target...not sure what star that is. This is the best I have done since we started the challenge.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    That's a SILVER * BABY!!

Nicely done!!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Mary, what AWESOME news! So happy for you! And congrats to your graduate!

LB2LL, I think rest days are very important. Hopefully you feel "rested". My goal has been to start having a complete rest day on Sunday (no added exercise other than what I get doing chores and chasing kids). I think it has been good for me mentally and physically.

lc, congrats on finishing Stage 4! You're almost done :)

PLAT * for me this week! 500 under and my macros were 41/28/31 despite all the junk I ate Friday and Sunday for Mother's Day celebrations.

Hubby is off this week, but I've got meals planned so we don't eat out too much (for some reason we do A LOT when he's off) and I'm hoping to lift twice anyway. Got my lifting in this morning already. Have a great Monday girls!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I finished my lifting, today, too, chubby.....and I clocked in at <60 minutes for this Phase 2, Week 9, Day 1 workout! WheWWWWWwww!!!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Great news Mary!!
    I had a pleasant mothers' Day. I ate great all day..until late at night. Then from not eating enough protein all weekend I felt starving today. I'm trying to fill myself with protein rich foods today. Off to the gym for a lifting session. My last P1WOA for life.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    samntha - I'm trying to UP my protein, too....have to figure out how to avoid NOT ONLY the "binges", but all that ever-loving HUNGER that lasts, for DAYS, after a binge!
  • samntha14
    Options
    Exactly!! I was surprisingly under cals today, and I felt like I was eating all day. I hit 165g protein, but i really needed it.

Good workout tonight. 2x15@100 squats. Those 50lb SLDL are still killer. I have to take my shoes off altogether to keep my balance. Total glute workout. Sadly I skipped metabolic. I was SPENT! I gave lifting everything I had after a highly stressful and exhausting day at work. I HATE STATE TESTING!!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm home, had a wonderful weekend, ate too much on Friday and Saturday but did well yesterday and today. Cody's birthday was fun, and Mother's day was great. Had a family dinner at Outback last evening with Mike's mom and her husband. I love her so much! We always have such fun together!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    okay. how long do I wait to start cutting calories if I am gaining weight steadily while on this program? I am about 5 lbs up and I just finished workout B5. I'm starting to feel a little frustrated. I'm been pretty good with my calories (going over some days, but really under others). I've been going by the book. But not I think I'm going to rely on my fitbit and do a 1/2lb deficit. Or...should I just stick it out for the next 3 weeks until I finish stage one and do my measurements?

What were some of your experiences? Thanks in advance :) you are all amazing.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Quick reply - put on 5 pounds, and saw lost inches after Stage 1. I also chose to ignore the scale for a while. I wanted to get strong first, and I did. I'm in Stage 6, and I've only just started cutting (about 6 weeks), have lost the 5 pounds and 1 more so far.
  • lcuconley
    Options
    chuckles - i think if you have been steadily gaining weigh for a month that you should cut back your cals. You are in the "eating maintenance" phase? cut 300/day and see how you do. My body weighs about 2 pounds more with the water weight from lifting, fyi.

sue - it sounds like you had a great weekend!

samantha - i hate testing, too, but from a parent's perspective. I feel like my sixth grader has not learned anything in 6 weeks because of the focus on prepping for the test.

I got up this am and did my run to the track/sprint workout/run home. I am ready for a nap and its 8 am!