Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,003 Member
    Options
    I was at the dr's office for my pre-surgical appt (blood pressure, etc.) and they weighed/measured me. Turns out (again!), I AM 5'9". I've measured 5'9" (or just under, depending on time of day of height measurement...) since adulthood, so couldn't figure out the Feb/13 5'8" measurement.

Let's just say, with 5'9":

a) I get 50 more calories PER DAY; and
    b) I'm AT VENUS on shoulders/hips, but 0.25" off at my "natural waist".

So, maybe I only need to lose 4- to 5- lbs (instead of 8- or 10-).

GREAT DAY IN BEEPS-LAND!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    manic - here's hoping you avoided the "binge"....but, in any event, post here if you didn't!

:)
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies how's everyone's hump day!?

I lifted this morning, my last Stage 7 #3 workout. Can I just say I really hate those rear foot elevated static lunges? I upped weights again but I gotta tell you I get so fatigued doing them! This is the workout that starts with deadlifts as the A lift and then supersets those lunges, pushups then RDLs and bent over rows Double dose of deadlifts - love and hate!!!

I still can't decide what to do next - I'm drawn to NROL Supercharged because I know the system. Maybe I'll take a few weeks and let my trainer set up some workouts for me until I decide on a program.

Beeps, 4 or 5 is just daily fluctuations! How totally awesome for you!

So Mary, how many did you eat?

I'll check back later! Back to work
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I should just sell you my 'supercharged' book....I bought it, but it's too much "DIY" for me - I'm a lazy slug who WAY prefers a program that has it ALL laid out for me!

Lemme know by PM - I'll mail it to you, sue!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Got my lifting in-and-done....much later in the day than usual. But, it has also helped with my "no eating" today. I can supper in a couple hours and I'll really enjoy "date night" with hubby tonight! Yay!
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Got my workout done. Did NOT want to do it. With the DOMS, hemorrhoids (thank you, two weeks of traveling), and butt crack rash (thank you, sit ups), I'm freakin' miserable :sick: But I did my workout anyway. I'm so paranoid that I'm gaining instead of losing :frown:

You know, I'm also going to run a couple miles tonight while DS does his Kid Fit thing. I'll have plenty of calories to put away my favorite orange juice and vodka. Perfect way to calm my worries and chill my azz out... er, pardon the pun :drinker:

After all that TMI, y'all probably won't ever read my posts again? :laugh:

Beeps, way to go on the 50 more calories!

Sue, I've been doing those static lunges here in Stage 2 and they BURN!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    ^^^ Loved this post! Made my day!

And now, date night is upon me, so I'll chat at you later!
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Only had the one cookie :glasses:

Runz, I appreciate and look forward to your honesty! hahahahahaha So I can ask the runzalot mean to the bathroom.:laugh:

Beeps, instead of getting shorter with age you are growing! woohoo

Sue, since I have let my son guide me these past couple weeks I don't think I can return to NROL4W. You know I started it over thinking I loved it the first time so why not a 2nd time. Targeting the muscle groups is awesome. I feel like i really am making progress!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Morning, girls!

Runz, you're too funny! But I completely understand and feel for you:)

Beeps, that's great!

Sue, I think the info inSupercharged is worth reading through, if nothing else.

Mary, if you've found something that you enjoy and it works, keep it up!

Hopefully get my workout in today. I'm back to eating at a deficit and the water weight that i accumulated eating at maintenance is coming off. Makes me feel better.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    manic - so glad to read you have found something that:

a) you like; and
    b) is working for you!!

THAT IS WHAT MATTERS MOST! When asked the question: "what sort of exercise should I do", the answer, always is: "the one you WILL do".

If you are enjoying a different lifting program - keep it up! NROL4W was a GREAT "introduction" to free weights, for me, but I haven't just kept repeating that program.....I'm a "novelty junkie".

chubby - I hope you get your work-out in, too....I really DO feel WAY BETTER after a work-out!!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    We haven't had a QOTD for a L-O-N-G time. Maybe that will re-energize THIS chat forum:

QOTD: halfway through 2013, how are YOU coming along with any "new year's resolutions" you made on January 1, 2013??
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I don't think I made any resolutions. If I did, I don't remember.

I am in one CRABBY mood today. Tomorrow I see the gyn for yearly. I wish he would yank these ovaries out. Yep, just looked at calendar and it's 11 days before TOM. Right when my hormones are crazy.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Things get interesting when I'm not here for a day. I had a full day technology workshop/seminar yesterday. Al my workshops are over so now to spend my time preparing for next year, and the worry of doing I job I've never done, and have NEVER planed to do. I specifically did NOT get a subject area certification to avoid teaching middle school, and yet, here I am.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Cowgirl, Alwyn told me to go ahead and do 4W or Life again, so I'm combining the two. I'm changing out some of the core exercises and putting them first. I did 2x15 reps of 90 of back squats today :) and I added a power move as well. Today was easy box jumps. I did prone jackknives for the first time in MONTHS. I forgot how tough they can be.
  • samntha14
    Options
    Beeps, I think this year was about financial health. I bombed that one bad around February. I finally got my tax refund yesterday. Only took 12 weeks. Already spent :( That's the way the cookie crumbles
  • samntha14
    Options
    time to roll over I think
  • samntha14
    Options
  • samntha14
    Options
  • samntha14