Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    nancyrosey!!!:laugh: :laugh: armpits.

Pmag, I KNOW. I barely get in 60 g of protein. I am not a big meat eater nor can I break it down very well without saliva. I could do protein shakes but I don't like drinking my calories. And the whey kills my tummy.

Manic make an oath of NO MORE DONUTs!... If yu are using a well balanced low sugar shake it's not drinking calories like a milk shake or a soda. I suggest hemp powder if whey is a problem with berries, greek yogurt if that works for you and use stevia for a little sweetness.
  • rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    So I am seeing the other side of a ****ty week which is good. My back has finally turned a corner and has "released", which is the best way I can describe it. I can go 2 or 3 years without issue so I hope thats whats in store for me now with that concern. Based on my back issue it has been suggested I add pilates and swimming to my exercise menu along with continuing the weight training and core stability.

I walked a ton the last two days but haven't lifted since last Sunday. I took measurements today and I'm chubbier right now. I was recomping slowly for awhile but now I'm getting bigger which I hope means I've got muscle under yet to melt fat....

Besides walking I am resting today as I am starting a fitness camp tomorrow that is 4 days a week for 2 weeks. I will compare measurements after the camp.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Temeika, what a JERK! Seriously he must be very, very intimidated by you if he's that offensive. Good motivation to keep working hard!!!! When I get my plan laid out (probably tonight), I'll post it on the Supercharged thread. I'm undecided on a few things.

Jo, I'm sorry about your bad day. Sometimes being in a healthcare field is so incredibly difficult. But I am sure that the woman appreciated your help and your empathy.

Rocky, out of curiosity, how will pilates be different than strength training for your back issues? Hopefully you don't have any more problems.

Beeps, the necklace is beautiful! And enjoy your trip!

dna, your husband sounds like mine. It's not a great gift unless its a USEFUL one. Ugh. You'd think after a while they'd figure out that women like useful things, but they also like mushy, glittery, girly things. I hope you feel better today.

Making food for a wedding shower for this evening. I have no idea how many tastes and nibbles I've had of the food. I'm just going to overestimate. My goals have been met this week unless I have a complete binge at the shower.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Seems like everyone is having a rough weekend. Blame it on the phases of the moon. :)

Today my husband had track day with his car and I got a nap. Now I'm reading.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    The cabinet makers have been this morning and installed the cupboard (AND desk thingy - apparently it's for my makeup? ROFLMAO I wear makeup probably once every 2 months :laugh: ) BUT it's not finished because..... the mirror is still coming and.... wait for it.... it's getting a stone bench top (to match everything else in the house y'know (we need a rolling eyes smiley LOL))

The stone guys are coming tomorrow to measure, but it will still be a week or so before it's completely finished. He never does things in halves does my husband :wink: :laugh:

The aim for today is to clear some crap out of the garage (that got dumped in there over the school holidays) so I can get my weights area back and LIFT. I've done a couple of hours work already this morning, so I think I deserve a little break to sweat a bit :bigsmile: I'm going to ease back into it with a few sessions of Stages 1-3 before I finally start Stage 4 which is where I was up to before holidays :smile:

Manic, if the whey upsets your stomach, you could try a vegan protein powder. I use the rice protein from Sun Warrior that is fairly nice with frozen berries and almond milk - makes it almost like a thick shake lol

Oh! And I did the groceries yesterday and found a lactose-free cream cheese! Oh my goodness. To taste real cream cheese for the first time in ages that doesn't make me sick - it was like heaven. I mean, I like tofutti and all, but this was delightful. I'm gonna make a cheesecake LOL and the best thing is that it's a local Aussie company that makes it and there are no added nasties in it - absolutely perfect :heart:
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I like the "I am the machine" :tongue:

Yeah Yeah I don't need the donuts. Anyone want to tell my Cambodian neighbor/friend ?
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    Sam, those are great. When I'm ripped, I might buy some like that. Right now people would just look at me and wonder why I was wearing a fitness-related shirt :laugh:

DNA, I'm sorry, but your predicament with the wardrobe is a little funny. Your husband sounds quite lovable in spite of his cluelessness:) I hope you make the cheesecake and enjoy it!

Oh Manic, it's about moderation. I do understand cutting things out if you simply cannot keep yourself from going overboard on them(chocolate covered almonds, anyone?),but life is so much more enjoyable when you learn to keep everything balanced. It IS hard to find that balance though.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    Options
    In addition to challenge scores, everyone post a NSV this week!

I'm 3/3 this week. Protein was 33%, lifted 3X, under on cals!

My NSV: 2X8 box jumps on a 24" box are super easy. My waist is finally below 28".
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Whheeeee!!! I lifted! :bigsmile: That felt awesome :smile:
    Just a low level Stage 1, but I'll get back up to speed soon :happy:
    I really do need to get a proper squat rack though - I think the husband may want the two dining room chairs back soon :laugh: (benefit of being reeeaaallly short, they are the perfect height lol).

And now I shall pack a picnic for the children and go walking with my best friend after school. I'm feeling gooooood :bigsmile:

Oh challenge points, ummm... I did 5 workouts last week, food was okay but no PLP for a bit, so a very good 2/3 :smile:

NSV - I did 3 sets of 12 prone jackknifes. I HATE those things with a passion, and my core is not the best, but I still managed it, so I'm pretty happy.

hehe re the husband. I do love him, he just got me at a bad time :wink: But hormones are settling down now, and I'm going to work out who gets what drawers in the wardrobe... do you think using a label maker would be a little over the top? :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    You can count me 3/3. When is this one over? I need to set some difficult challenges next time. I know for sure one of them will be to throw them freakin' scales away! Well not really but I don't want to weigh but every 2 weeks. That's gonna be hard. So my focus will be to LIFT heavy first, cardio 2nd, eat at a moderate defict, and not to weigh every doggone day.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hello I had a fairly mellow weekend with lots of dog walking. DH went on a super clean and the basement looks amazing.
    The blazers won with an amazing shot by lillard with only .9 seconds left!

I am 2/3 as I only lifted 2x. It is easier to meet my protein when I am over on calories!!!

I tried sitting on a high step and front squats were much better. They still hurt my wrists though.

I am looking forward to going wine tasting with DH and some friends on Wed.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    Hello I had a fairly mellow weekend with lots of dog walking. DH went on a super clean and the basement looks amazing.
    The blazers won with an amazing shot by lillard with only .9 seconds left!

I am 2/3 as I only lifted 2x. It is easier to meet my protein when I am over on calories!!!

I tried sitting on a high step and front squats were much better. They still hurt my wrists though.

I am looking forward to going wine tasting with DH and some friends on Wed.
  • Pmagnanifit
    Options
    I have no idea how I just posted twice.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm 2/3 because I continue to sneak a few extra jelly beans. I can't think of a NSV.

Stage 2 B AMRAPs today and I'm taking the rest of the week off!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    I am a 2/3....I ended up snacking on Friday night (which I permitted, due to incoming TOM) and then I had dessert on Saturday night, after my mother's day supper out.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Let's
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    roll
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    this