Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    You all have been busy!
    Pudding, I always did all reps of each exercise before moving to the next with the complexes. But I don't know if it was the "right" way. It's just how I intepreted it.
    Jo, I'm sorry you're still struggling with the injury.
    I need to quit eating so much. My BodyMedia has been messing up this week and it threw me off. Almost like I'm so used to having that "magic" (TDEE) number to focus on- I don't know what to do when I don't have the daily total. Probably a drawback to having one for the past two years.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Thanks BarbellCowgirl - still playing up today, skipped squats. Bench - still stuck, can't up yet. I've started to get a weird rolling of my left shoulder which is crappy - not sure what's happening there. Rows - all my reps at 110lbs but need to work on form. The fourth rep of the five always seems to be yuk.

Had good accessory lifts today - worked on dumbbell bench, single arm rows, incline bench and seated row. Upped weight and/ or reps with all. So a good day for accessories even if the major lifts sucked.

Got a lot of work on over the next 10 days... hopefully will still get all my workouts in. Clocks changed - much darker in the evening - makes me sleepy
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Back at it today.

Squats: 5x5 @ 145 - these are starting to get tough.
    Bench: 5x5 @ 80 - I chickened out at going up to 85 again.
    Row: 5x5 @ 90 - easy again.

I also did seated upright rows: 5x5 @ 85 pounds. Again, easy.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hey, I hope everyone had a great weekend. We had a long 4 day weekend so I spend it wallowing in the sunshine, hiking and playing with kids. Today I went for a run and decided to test myself to see if I could do 10k without stopping. It nearly killed me but I did it!
    And I lifted 3 times last week so if I ignore the fact that I overate I think I can call the week a success!
    This week I am unlikely to get lifting 3 times as I am going away again at the weekend so only have 3 nights when I will have access to the gym and a friend wants to go running tomorrow evening. Ah well, 2 lifting sessions and 3-4 cardio sessions will just have to do.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great weekend.

Today I did C25K week 4, day 4. Will do week 4 one more day then move on to week 5. The 5 minute jogs still feel long so we'll see how next week goes when I have to attempt the 20 minute jog.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Dawn-I hated that jump from week 4-5...how is 5 to 20 a logical progression!!all but killed me!but you're doing great!! your job is so active and you're lifting and running on top of it! Your metabolism must be humming along!!

Dou-glad you had a nice weekend and with all that exercise the calories should cancel out ;).

Love-glad you rested a bit...your easy lifts are tough for me! It's funny, some lifts I do relatively heavy compared to others,(lat or seated row) snd others (bench and squat lately) I feel like a wimp! Lol! Kutgw!

Pudding- :heart: aren't you a doll! Dh is 5-6 years younger than me, so I love hearing I look younger than I am :blush: Keep up that good exercise!

Bbc-fueling your lifts isn't bad...and we all enjoy holiday eating :). You've got this. You're right back on plan :).

Jo-well, at lest your accessories are going well. It's word how each day is different. Some days I feel like superwoman and kill it, and others I struggle to finish. Keep up the good work and he patience with your injuries.

I'm doing well! Down a smidge despite enjoying my weekend :). I'm loving the big breakfast idea (more than half my days calories before 10). It's been quite an adjustment, but the scale is starting to dribble down for the first time in 7 months! Yay!

Lifted today, need to figure out how many more stage 2 glutteal goddess workouts I have left. It's good. I added more leg presses today (really liking this lift) and some kettle bell swings. Good day!

Hope you're all doing well and sorry if I missed anyone! I hope Ali is doing better back at her old job! Miss her :)
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm back from out long weekend at the farm. Left the children behind, so it's lovely and quiet apart from the cat hanging all over me lol

I ended up pulling a muscle last week by bending over the wrong way and moving too fast, so I haven't done any scheduled exercise since Monday. Oh well!

We spent the weekend at my brother's farm (I knew he was working, so I asked if we could use the house and he happily obliged :smile: ) so we went 'glamping' with beds, showers, toilets and lots of hills to run around in.

So we walked up and down mountains, chased after the dogs (friends came with us and brought their wolfhound/bull mastiff puppies), went four-wheel driving (which included flat tyre and walking the kids halfway back to the house before they caught us up lol), and ended up at the dam yesterday where I managed a 30-ish minute kayak (my friend gave up after 5 minutes saying her arms hurt), and ate delicious lamb fresh from the farm and lots of yummy food.

Once again, the IL's gave DH & I a box of chocolate we can't eat (!!??) so if anyone wants some chocolate, we have a full bowl of it on our kitchen bench lol

TOM arrived last night, so today is painkillers, coffee and a mountain of washing. Tomorrow I should be good to get back into the gym and will hopefully get two sessions in before we leave again on Saturday.

Next week shall be beach, pool, walking and just having a lovely time before getting back to the school/work grind.

Meh. Maybe we'll stay this time... I could handle that :wink:

• DawnEmbers
    Options
    Julie - Yeah, I'm a bit hesitant about getting into week 5. Day 1 is easy, just more 5 minute jogs, day 2 is fine too, 8 minute jog, sure cause then there is a longish walk too. But day 3 of week 5 it's just jog for 20 minutes. Seems more like a week 7 thing. I know people who run often do short runs and one long run, so I get that aspect but does seem weird for the person first learning to run to go from short intervals for a few weeks to hey, run 20 minutes without stopping. Though I do have a shorter set of work days around that time so at least I won't be on my feet 8 hours a day along with it. But I told the marathon runner who is my boss that it seemed a little crazy to just do 20 minute jogs and he laughed.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,988 Member
    Options
    you lead an awesome life, dna!

Today I lifted.

And, I am doing well in week 1 of my "lose 11 lbs in 11 weeks".

BOOM!
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    DouMac, 10K is no joke! Good job!
    Julie, sounds like your body is responding well to you new plan!
    dna, your weekend sounds lovely!
    Beeps, you got it this time!

Work today- lifting later.
  • dnamouse
    Options
    Beeps, I forgot to mention that the house comes fully stocked with alcohol... wine & spirits :wink: Which reminds me... I have to buy a replacement bottle of vodka :mrgreen:
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing good!

I'm halfway through Stage 2 and am struggling with it quite a bit. Mainly because I just switched from 1st shift to 3rd for 2 weeks which doesn't help :)

I haven't really been able to up my weights on this that much with the exception of the one point rows. It seems much slower going at this point which is a tad bit frustrating. I did notice today though that my shoulder flexibility during the FSPP has REALLY improved. I can actually almost get my elbows up to where they need to be, but I somehow am hitting myself in the throat with the bar, so no upping that weight until I figure out how to fix that, lol. It's pretty funny to watch I'm sure.

Good luck with the rest of the week everyone!

@Dawn - that 20 minutes freaked me out on C25K as well. I thought I could never do it and they were crazy when it showed up but I just gave it a shot and I actually was able to do it! I'm sure you can do it too!
  • DawnEmbers
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ooo booze.. I mean, lifting weights... yeah, that's what I meant.

Smallc - Thanks. We'll find out when I try next friday, plus I have a special beer in the fridge for if I make it cause motivation. I'm in stage 2 as well but just started. I can't even come close to getting the FSPP with the recommended stance. I really should figure out some mobility work to do for my shoulders, elbows and wrists.

I was a bit out of it today. Had a rough morning dealing with being a grown up and trying to handle student loan issues, then just went to bed for an hour before I had to go to work. Shift was short but not bad since we had enough people finally. Still communicating with one about a moving potential, so stressed about potential move still and will be until it happens. Doing okay on protein but need to buy more. At least gym went okay though not a fan of it all.

Stage 2 - B1

OHP 3x8 @ 55 - I had to wait for deadlift area so I used overhead press as a sort of warmup.

box(step) deadlift 2x10 @2 95 - not bad, still a tad awkward on the set up. Might add more next time.

bulgarian split squat 1x10 @ 17.5 cable bench, 1x10 lower step - one was too high, the other too low.
    underhand lat pulldown 2x10 @ 60 - easy enough so will do 70 next time.

reverse lunge front reach 2x10 @ 10 - easy but did the weights based on prone cuban so will need to vary next time
    db prone cuban snatch 2x10 @ 10 - the raise up is hard, and I'm not really a fan as it's very awkward sitting on the bench thing that way.

sb crunch 2x10 @ 10 - used a 10 plate just cause I'm bored of these already.
    reverse crunch 2x10 - not sure on my form and they were rather awkward but different at least.
    lateral flexion 2x10 - did the first on in the book and no idea what it does or if I'm moving my leg right... not a fan.

prone cobra 2x 60 seconds - tough but I managed to do 60 on each set.

Extra
    bench press 3x8 @ 75 - not bad but my right palm ached during the last reps.
    wrist curl 3x10 @ 15 - still working on the wrists, it's eh okay.
    bicep curl 3x8 @ 30 - gave them another try, still not sure.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Man I am so dumb sometimes..... how long have I been having grief with my squats? Sooooo freakin' long. Today, I remembered to use my glutes. Yes, those muscles that help you stand up again. So much easier! I've been concentrating so long on stopping my knee from rolling in that I have completely neglected every other body part in the exercise :s So today, squats were much better!

DL form improved but limited by range of movement. PT said it was better than 2 weeks ago, so I'm happy with that even if it's not 100% yet.

OHP - back up to 26kg after a deload. Still a struggle. Only got 1 set of 5. Then 4, 3,3,3 (with push presses each time to get up to the 5 reps). Slowly but surely. Hopefully.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been so busy. Just checking on. I'm home with the kids this week and have been very busy. Trying to get in all my sessions this week. Cardio Monday, lifting Tuesday, cardio today. My glutes are screaming from my lifting session yesterday. Those sumo squats are no joke.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Ha, Jo! I'm glad you remembered that very important part of the move! So happy that your squats were better because of that too!

Today's lift:

Squat: 5x5 @ 145 - only 90-second rests so up to 150 next time!
    OHP: 5/5/4/4/3 @ 65. Second time failing at this weight! Ugh!
    Deadlift: 5x5 @ 175. Woot for my grip not failing me today! And double woot for another woman telling me that was impressive and that I'm strong! Yeehaw!

That effing OHP though! OMG. I was pushing so much breath out to get the bar up that I'm sure everyone in the gym heard me. So, it was not a surprise that I failed the last three sets. I anticipate having to deload on this lift. 62.5 pounds was hard enough. I wonder how long it'll take to build up strength for that move.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Lots of great lifting happening in here! No lifting for me, today. But, diet performance is swell and that 'win' is good enough for me! BOOM!
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Great that the diet side is going well. Nice work.

Cardio day for me. Last day (number 5) doing week 4 of C25K. Not bad though get slight aches in my right side during the first couple jogging sections. Just makes me focus a bit more on my breathing but it is getting easier. The last 5 minute jog I'm breathing much better than I was on day 1 of the week. Next time is day 1 of week 5.
  • dnamouse
    Options
    It hit us last night that we will be on a plane Saturday morning. Today shall be packing, lifting, more packing, paying bills, more packing, buying stuff we don't have to pack and more packing. The kids will be back tomorrow I think.

But tonight? Girl's night!!! :smiley:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I should be able to get an hour-long walk completed this evening, OUTSIDE, while daughter is at lacrosse practice. ZOOM!

And.....belly bloat is officially GONE, so now my bodyfat loss can REALLY BEGIN! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Low-calorie week. Will weigh on Saturday to keep my mood elevated (I'm confident in a scale loss this week....).

Will lift on Friday, step-cardio on Saturday, and likely walk on Sunday.