Daily Chat Thread

Options

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean Stephie - I've just been for my lunchtime 3 mile walk, and I look (and feel) as though I ran a marathon in the Sahara. It's raining here, but it is still warm and sticky. I feel sorry for my colleagues for the rest of the day, (athough I have, of course, freshened up since returning to work!!).
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Weather has finally cleared up here, and we are in for a week of temps in the 60s and sunny skies. Woohoo!

Beeps - sounds optimistic! Hope they get it sorted soon, though, so you can relax about it.

Dawn - cool video! You did great!!! I seriously cannot even imagine lifting that much weight, ever.

Kim - glad the running and lifting is going well! I don't eat low carb really, but don't eat too much sugar. I hardly miss it and it is true even something like a diet coke tastes more sweet than it used to.

Stephie - good to hear you are feeling better with the squats. Sometimes I think we have a tendency to overanalyze and that just throws things all off - I know I do this a lot!

This morning I did Strong, Stage 5, Workout B, #3
    WHICH MEANS I'M HALFWAY THROUGH!!!
    Suspended fall out 2x15 - raised the straps a little and did these slowly and felt these more in my abs.
    Reverse lunges 3x8@40 lbs - Got distracted and went to 10 reps on one set before realizing it, so I think these were too easy.
    Inverted row 3x8 - Used the TRX this time
    Kettlebell swings 3x8@25 lbs - IMO an odd addition to this program, but I like them
    Single arm dumbbell overhead press - 3x8@17.5lbs. Actually I missed the last rep on each arm on the last set.
    Intervals x 10 minutes

I thought I saw a faint hint of a glimpse of a shadow of a quad bulge above my knee this morning :) And I'm wearing size 10 pants :):)

Slow day at work so spent some time reading Bret Contreras's website, now kind of want the Strong Curves book and to add in some glute exercises. Do any of you have it or have read it?
  • SuperMelinator
    SuperMelinator Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Beeps - Sounds like you might be on the positive side of that situation then. I sure hope so.

Dawn - cool vid! I've never seen a meet before so it was good to watch. nice work!

kim - I don't eat low carb, but I do limit sugar. You will get used to it - might be a good idea to taper off it if you tend to get cravings. Once you're off it, though, you'll be good to go. I quit drinking soda in Nov. and at first it was insane hard, but now that I'm used to drinking mostly only water, I will have one if I'm out to eat without having to worry about cravings later.

Steph - glad the squats are going well!

Aigre - Nice progress! And awesome on the pants size and the muscle bulge!! Progress, baby!

Today is is week 3, workout A
    squats, pushups, seated rows, step ups and prone jackknives.

I feel like I'm not doing the workout order right just because the way the log is set up is weird. for Stage 1, it's supposed to go week 1=A,B,A; week 2 = B,A,B; etc., right?
  • StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Dawn - I keep forgetting to say - I watched your YouTube. It was awesome to see you lifting. Those squats are crazy - having three people around me like that would be so off putting!!

Your deadlifts were SOLID AF. Looked like they were eassssssy!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Always good thoughts and hopes for you Beeps!

I'm getting behind lately and not around online on any group much to be honest. This nice weather makes me want to spend hours walking outside instead of sitting at the computer when I'm not at work. I have done more cardio lately cause of it, which might help my June and July goals, as I want to get the deficit going better so I can do a mini bulk for the October meet, but weight hasn't been cooperating lately. Goal is to stay in the 132 weight class, so I need to get enough below it to not go over when bulking. Challenges but I'll get it figured out after LA.

I walked last night. Today will be a very short cashier shift and gym. I am filming a deadlift session for youtube. I wanted to get to 2xbw but that's not happening. Last time I did deadliest, I failed at 245. I also walked over 20,000 steps that day, part of which was the 8 hour work shift but part was the long walk beforehand. Hoping to be better fueled and such for this one. Video will be up tomorrow before I leave for the airport. Need to pack. No bikini this time but there might be a crop top involved... maybe.

And it's long vacation time. Woot! Last shift tonight then I am on vacation, paid days for the most part too. Plus, I'm asking manager about having my one shift after I get back to be covered by someone else. I was going to fly in on Monday, cashier Tuesday, then have Wednesday off (it's my normal day off so she just didn't schedule me to work to keep things normal-ish). Coworker offered to take my Tuesday shift. He also offered to drive me to the airport if I didn't want to leave my car in long-term, economy lot, which was nice though I prefer to drive myself there. Will be great having like 8 days off, if the one manager okays it. I'll have my tablet though, plus phone and plan to film clips of trip for youtube cause going to places like Barbell Brigade. I'll be around just in spurts cause vacation. :-D
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Long day. Got the deadlift done though later than usual since I had to go to another store after we closed to do a paper trade. Did some squats to warm up.

Squat 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 95 and 3x5 @ 135

Deadlift 1x6 @ 135, 1x3 @ 185, 1x1 @ 225 and 1x1 @ 250 (with belt and extras)

Will have youtube video up tomorrow from the session. Have to get it over to computer and combined. Still have to pack, shower and such. Need everything in car by morning as on my first vacation day, I'm going to work 3 hours morning shift. Fun times but I did volunteer cause coworker is having some home troubles. Going to work a few hours then head up to the airport to start my vacation.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Happy holidays Dawn!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,993 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Dawn....holidays sound awesome!
  • SuperMelinator
    SuperMelinator Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Have a great vacay, Dawn!
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Happy holidays Dawn!

No workout for me today, scheduled rest day, but will be reporting in tomorrow!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I have some horrible news to share. Not all of you knew ManicTitans (Mary). But some of the old timers will remember her. She had a 2nd surgery on her hip on April 30th. Something happened. I don't know the details. Her family took her off the ventilater on Monday and she passed away. Her funeral is tomorrow in KY where she lived with her husband and children. Please if you are of the mind, send prayers and good wishes to them and perhaps celebrate her goodness at 1 PM EDT tomorrow. God bless us all for having known even a bit of this special woman.
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Oh sue that is horribly upsetting.

I will certainly pray for her and her family tomorrow xx
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Geez, suelegal, that is HORRIBLE!

I totally knew Manic....and even PM'd with her from time to time.

What on earth could have happened?!?!

Her poor family! What tragic, awful news.

:(
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Sad day. My thoughts go out to her family, definitely.

Had a rough day. I worked 3 hours this morning but now I'm in LA with my sister.
  • kimiuzzell
    Options
    Gosh, puts things into perspective, doesn't it. Carpe diem. Go hug your loved ones and be thankful for all that we have

• AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness what terrible and awful news. RIP Manic.
  • Beeps2011
    Options

My (new-to-me) gyno will perform laproscopic surgery to remove the mass, plus my right ovary, plus both fallopian tubes. No date, yet, but likely in six weeks. After it is out they biopsy the mass and we go from there. The gyno said that in his experience, and the fact the blood markers are "negative", 85% likelihood this is NOT cancer.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    Beeps - Sounds like good odds but a rough time still. Hope it all goes well.

I'm on vacation with my sister. Today we drove around, went to the beach, and tried out a "beginner's" hip hop type dance class with one of her friends. I am terrible at dancing but gave it a try anyways. My shoes were not made for that type of movement though so my right foot is unhappy from the attempts at fast stepping and such. Having fun out here and tomorrow we are going to an alt rock music festival type thing. Then on Saturday it's more in my element with lifting at Barbell Brigade.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh - devastated re: manic :'( So awful! Really shocked.

Beeps - scary - hope all goes well.

It seems I have missed a lot during my move. Kinda got hung up with the bad news there so apologies to all who have been achieving greatness in the gym. I have been lifting and combating - tho' diet has been shite. Weight seems stable though.

New PB on deadlift - 102.5kg (225lbs). Squats going ok. Not much else to report. Kinda going through the motions atm - UK trip next month. Will re focus some goals after and get re-programmed.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I love it that you try new things, Dawn!

Jo-your DL is HUGE! BOOM!

No workout, today...I chose to make a trip to the hair salon, instead. :)