Daily Chat Thread

Replies

• mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Beeps-I lose weight like a candle. Face first, arms, breasts, stomach. I'm at the lower stomach right now, still waiting for my butt & legs to do something. Manic-I hate those reverse lunges too.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    dandelion - hope you feel better soon.!!

Beeps - totally awesome NSV to have someone else notice your hard work!!

I finished Stage 3 today - you can see my results in the Stage 3 thread. We are leaving for vacation today to Glacier National Forest for a week. Should be doing lots of hiking and such so should get some good cardio in on my rest week.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    I was going to redo stage 2 1A today, but then I remember we do this stinking stage again, essentially, so I'll just... push through. Congratulations on Stage 3, Jennie! I'm off to go see yo' results! :)

It really is weird how different everyone gains and loses. I expect my face fat and my *kitten* fat to go first, leaving me looking quite bulbus and belly-ful. :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,098 Member
    Hi all!

Today is the day I had circled on my calendar 4 weeks ago...this is my TOTAL INDULGENCE DAY!

No working out. I can eat WHATEVER I want - however much I want, too! And, I'm going to drink copious amounts of alcohol! (I've been dry for a month, with one exception of 1 other night where I had 1 drink!) It's a girl's night out. Patio. Sunshine. I'm calling into work sick for this afternoon....

As a further PROMISE to myself, I shall NOT step on the scale until NEXT Friday, so that I can clean-up after myself. I'm really looking forward to today. I hope you are too!

:wink:
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Enjoy your day Beeps!

Not sure if I'm getting to the gm today. I may be too busy wrangling the kids, walking back and forth to the park and cleaning my very gross house that I've ignored for 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get enough exercise for today LOL.
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Yay Beeps, that sounds like fun! Enjoy :)

Have a great rest week Ellie and an awesome vacay Jen!

I'm on kid/house duty today, too, Sam. Feeling a little stir-crazy. But it's too hot to enjoy being outside today. So might as well.
  • smithmom531
    smithmom531 Posts: 140 Member
    Just checking in and saying hi! I just started NROLW yesterday Stage 1, A Workout 1. Loved the feeling after though I am sore today. It's good sore though! All of you who are working through this are such an inspiration! I am also working through C25K. Now to go back and read through the boards for tips and answers to questions (before I post redundant ones :).
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm in the middle of Stage 7 (skipped 6), and am wondering what you all have done/will do when you finish. I'm going to (try to) do 12 workouts in stage 7, and today I finished #5. I really liked the program, and think I am stronger and more fit than I've been in my life (51 years old and three kids). I have to say, that stage 7 is HARD for me (as in gasping for breath hard!)

I was thinking of trying their new book, anyone checked it out?
  • heymom93
    heymom93 Posts: 65 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm in the middle of Stage 7 (skipped 6), and am wondering what you all have done/will do when you finish. I'm going to (try to) do 12 workouts in stage 7, and today I finished #5. I really liked the program, and think I am stronger and more fit than I've been in my life (51 years old and three kids). I have to say, that stage 7 is HARD for me (as in gasping for breath hard!)

I am interested in this too - although I am no where near the end ;)
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member

I did not know there was a new book out. I'll have to look at it.

I am curious, if you don't mind, will you answer a few questions since you are almost finished. Please.

1. Have you lost weight?

2. Has your body changed?

3. You said you liked the program but would you recommend it to anyone who wants to change their shape?

edited* typos
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 994 Member
    Whats the new book?
  • samntha14
    Whats the new book?
    "New Rules of Lifting for Life" I believe.
  • MeRoBi
    MeRoBi Posts: 127 Member
    In response to those who asked if I had seen a change in my body, OMG, yes! Not only am I stronger, but I look better than I have in a really long time (my husband of 25 years says "best ever"). I've lost 45 pounds and I look and feel "fit". For me it was not only about losing weight, but also about becoming stronger and healthier.

As far as "changing your shape", I'm not really sure what that means. When I gain weight, it goes to my butt and my stomach, so my shape has changed dramatically from the combination of eating less and working out more, but i see a difference everywhere (legs, arms, chest).
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    MeRoBi, that's a fantastic result.

After NR, I'm thinking of their other book- new rules for abs (as that's my problem area), or maybe stronglifts 5x5. Probably the latter as i'm ready for a shorter concentrated workout after all these long sessions!

I'm halfway thru stage 5, actually looking forward to stage 6- can i ask why you skipped it?
  • samntha14
    <--- this was not fun but nobody got hurt so it's all good. Check your tires ladies.

I skipped the gym last night and woke up very tired and sore today so I'm taking a rest day. A full week of mega cleaning AND the gym was more than my body could handle. Starting my new Summer workout schedule tomorrow.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    <--- this was not fun but nobody got hurt so it's all good. Check your tires ladies.

I skipped the gym last night and woke up very tired and sore today so I'm taking a rest day. A full week of mega cleaning AND the gym was more than my body could handle. Starting my new Summer workout schedule tomorrow.

Oh wow. Glad you're okay.
  • samntha14
    Thank you Jessica.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 994 Member
    Did 2A for the first time today.. came home and zonked out..

sooo tired..

whats that about?

But i liked 2A!
  • purplelilac123
    purplelilac123 Posts: 37 Member
    I completed the first day today. I also did Zumba today. I am just going to add NROL to the current routine I have right now. I am afraid to abandon some of my current program since it has working but it is nice to have some instructions for weight training since I sometimes am not sure what to do. The routine looked short but I did feel very tired from it. I had to have some coffee when I came home after my lunch.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Me too, Juice. I felt like I had done something RIDICULOUS after 2A. 2B seems to be a bit lighter, but longer. I'm so confused! LOL

GO you, Purplelilac! I'm sure you'll come to lovelovelove it like the rest of us! :)