Check in

Options

Replies

• AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I completed D10L1, and after scouring the internet found where Jillian said the workout was only to be done 4 - 5 days a week. My legs were very sore, not muscle pain - just aching when I went to bed at night so I took a break yesterday and today I did power walking instead. I plan to start D1L2 tomorrow, in addition to power walking - with breaks from 30DS every two days or so.

Where did you find that? I've looked and looked and can't find a definitive answer anywhere. Call me crazy, but shouldn't she have put that on the DVD somewhere??
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    L2D4 done. I'm not going to lie, today was rough on me for some reason.
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    L2D5 completed and I'm :laugh:
  • heather21h
    Options
    I completed L2D4 yesterday and man am I feeling it today...I love Level 2 - I am dripping sweat afterwards and feel like I get such a better workout than I did on Level 1!!

I have done a HORRIBLE job with my eating though so I have actually gained weight...AHHHHH!!! I hate that I also seem to sabotage myself when trying to lose weight. Why does this have to be sooooo HARD!!!!!
  • undercovermother
    undercovermother Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I completed D10L1, and after scouring the internet found where Jillian said the workout was only to be done 4 - 5 days a week. My legs were very sore, not muscle pain - just aching when I went to bed at night so I took a break yesterday and today I did power walking instead. I plan to start D1L2 tomorrow, in addition to power walking - with breaks from 30DS every two days or so.

Where did you find that? I've looked and looked and can't find a definitive answer anywhere. Call me crazy, but shouldn't she have put that on the DVD somewhere??

That's what is confusing to me as well. I found references to it, but didn't actually listen to it. It was from 12/21/2008 and in the last five minutes - look for it on iTunes

Anyway she says don't move up a level until you are comfortable with the current level.
    She recommends 4 times a week, maybe 5.
    Be sure to incorporate other workouts into your week for variety - add cardio, fitness class, etc
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    L2D4 finished yesterday. I'm not a sweater, especially on my face, but level 2 makes me sweat and I love it! Can't wait to do day 5 tonight. Then ill be halfway through!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options

I think 30DS was kind of a prototype lol, she recommends only 4/5 days on Ripped in 30, so I think that she learned from this one. I can definitely feel it after 5/6 days so i need a day off.

L2D3 finished!!!
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Level 2./ I did today again with no weights. My left shoulder and neck are still giving me problems, so I am still without weights....

Any thoughts anyone?
  • AmberCHM
    Options

That's what is confusing to me as well. I found references to it, but didn't actually listen to it. It was from 12/21/2008 and in the last five minutes - look for it on iTunes

Anyway she says don't move up a level until you are comfortable with the current level.
    Be sure to incorporate other workouts into your week for variety - add cardio, fitness class, etc

I couldn't find it on iTunes. Ugh. Oh well. I did 30 days in a row last time, so I'll probably just stick to that. It's only 20 minutes a day.
  • undercovermother
    undercovermother Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I couldn't find it on iTunes. Ugh. Oh well. I did 30 days in a row last time, so I'll probably just stick to that. It's only 20 minutes a day.

It might be for people like me whose legs were aching after ten days lol.

I did L2D1 today with a 20 minute powerwalk prior, finally some sweat!! I am not gonna worry so much about scheduling a break based on an elusive podcast from 3 years ago, but I am gonna take a break when I need to just by listening to my body. Plus powerwalking with Pandora is fun! WIN
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    It might be for people like me whose legs were aching after ten days lol.

I did L2D1 today with a 20 minute powerwalk prior, finally some sweat!! I am not gonna worry so much about scheduling a break based on an elusive podcast from 3 years ago, but I am gonna take a break when I need to just by listening to my body. Plus powerwalking with Pandora is fun! WIN

Sounds like a good plan!
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    L2D5 done. I didn't feel like doing it, but I felt so good when I was done. Half way there!! I plan on taking measurements tonight...hoping to see a difference there since I haven't seen a significant weight difference.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    L2D3 complete. It was a rough one today - hope it's easier tomorrow.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to be half way done with Level 2 and halfway done with the 30DS!:smile: I can hear level 3 just calling my name. I felt the best so far today with level 2. ROCK ON!:happy:
  • amara0118
    amara0118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow Level 2 was brutal. I always knew that I have a really weak upper body but this just confirmed it a 1000 times over! Those plank moves had my arms almost falling off by the end of the workout.
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hard to get myself motivated today, its been a real up and down battle for me, one day I can't wait to do it the next I really drag my feet. L2 D6 complete (thank goodness)!!

JM's 30 Day Shred will not break me :smokin:
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    D7L2. Ugh... Still no weights, but my shoulder is starting to feel better
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    L2D6 done! Getting a little better every time :)
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    today will be day 10 of level 2 for me. looking forward to getting onto level 3 and the home straight.

as for taking a break i started with the plan to do 30 days in a row and thats what i aim to do. i've managed it before so know i can do it. and if i take break someday i know i'd probably start looking for excuses to take another.
    as others have said its only 20 mins and apart from a few minor niggles i dont feel like i need to take a day off. but can understand if anyone's body is telling them it needs a break then they should. no point in getting injured.

i'll quite likely take a day off after 31 days as i'll probably do level 1 again on day 31 just to see how easy it is compared to day 1. i done that last time and it felt good. :wink:

right enough chat - i'm away to get shredded!
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bye bye level 2! :tongue: