Check in

Options

Replies

• wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I finished L1D2 yesterday and boy am I sore. I find the combination of jumping jacks and jump rope the hardest for me, but I'm super overweight and still a smoker ( I know, I'm a bad kid :ohwell: ) As soon as I get off work I'm going tanning then its home for day 3! I'm excited to push through these next few days. Can't wait for this soreness to go away....It would be easier if I didn't have to climb stairs at my job...:grumble:

No judgment past here. I'm dealing with my urges 1 day at a time.

Finished L1D3...yes it's getting easier....but what I'm finding is that my calories burned seems to be getting lower. Anyone has any input as why that maybe. I am using a HRM

Your body is getting more used to the workout and therefore is performing the moves more efficiently which means you are burning fewer calories. That why's it's good to vary your workouts so you keep your body "surprised". You can try adding weights or doing more of the advanced modifications within a level to keep your calorie burn higher:)
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    level 1, day 6 done for me! although i got a sharp pain in my lower abs when doing the 2nd set of pushups today. not sure what happened there but i can still feel it 10 hours later. d'oh! hopefully it's nothing too serious. didnt affect the rest of the work out though so i'm fairly sure i'll be ready to hit it again tomorrow.

20% of the way through!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    L1D3 done. I pulled a muscle in my back this morning, but it felt ok this evening so I went ahead with 30DS. I'm determined to do 30 days straight again! Hoping I wake up feeling all better tomorrow! Hope everyone is enjoying the program.....you know, as much as one can enjoy something like this :)
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Checking in after completing L1 D4, 6 days to go until L2, yay.....
  • sunflowers8
    sunflowers8 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OOOPS has anyone not started it yet and care to join me today !!
  • gd50cent
    Options
    level 1, day 7 done for me! hard to believe thats 1 week done already!

another day closer to being shredded!
  • ummmsorrybutno
    ummmsorrybutno Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just weighed in this morning and I'm down to 143.2. That's 6.7lbs down from last week!!! I'm sure a lot was water loss but I'm okay because a loss is a loss. No measurments until next Tuesday.
  • arilove9090
    Options
    Ugh its the 4th of march and i havent started 3ds and my eating is horrible. I am just in a slump right now. I was talking to some ladies and they made me feel like such a failure. Everyone my age is graduating university and i am in my first year at community colllege but it doesnt matter how i feel i am startjng today!!
  • gd50cent
    Options
    it doesnt matter how i feel i am startjng today!!

now you're talking! :smile:
  • icusmile2
    icusmile2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @ arilove9090 You are not a failure!! I just started today. You start today and we will keep each other going!
  • icusmile2
    icusmile2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started today because my dvd didn't get here until yesterday. So D1L1 done and not as bad as I expected. I was a little weak on push-ups and bicycle crunches but I will get better day by day. I measured yesterday so I'm excited to see if this works. I have been running for a few months and started Zumba a few weeks ago. Neither have helped me lean out my tummy area after losing 37.4 lbs to date. I had lost 30 lbs prior to joining mfp.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Ugh its the 4th of march and i havent started 3ds and my eating is horrible. I am just in a slump right now. I was talking to some ladies and they made me feel like such a failure. Everyone my age is graduating university and i am in my first year at community colllege but it doesnt matter how i feel i am startjng today!!

Congratulations on beginning community college! Everyone's journey is different and you may not be following the same path as many others your age, but by being in college you are creating your own path -- way to go! It's easy to fall into that slump, too bad it's not as easy to get out of it :ohwell: I found the 30DS to help me get out of my slump. I think there's something about the short term goals and completing levels that gave me a sense of accomplishment and motivated me to keep going. I even found myself excited to work out and working out more. You got this!

L1D4 finished -- hope everyone's doing well!
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    L1D3 finished yesterday. I feel sore still, but I feel it becoming less and less sore by the day. Its mostly my legs now. I am so determined to finish this so it doesn't matter what I'm feeling anyway! After work I am going home to finish L1D4... All I know is it feels good to be 10% of the way through it! Lets go ladies!
  • undercovermother
    undercovermother Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just completed L1D2. Whew! I don't feel sick like I did yesterday, nor do my my legs feel like worn out rubber bands. I didn't realize I was so out of shape! I am looking forward to that endurance and strength so I can push through with no breaks!
  • reneealyse
    reneealyse Posts: 100
    Options
    Aw man I did day one and two then in the weekend it all went out the window! I didn't workout on Sat or Sun. Do I count today as day 3 or as day 1 and do 30 days in a row?
  • kerrberw
    kerrberw Posts: 7
    Options
    just done L1D4, four days in a row and can definitely feel it getting a bit easier, though side lunges are an absolute nightmare, wasn't helped tonight by the cat who kept crawling underneath me while I was doing the push ups and then sniffing my head while I was doing the ab section!
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Checking in!
    L1D4! I can feel it getting easier or my body is adapting!! My dog decided to sniff my face every time I was on the mat! She also tried to give.me wet willies! Haha :)

Good luck everyone! Feel free to add me so we can support eachother!
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    Aw man I did day one and two then in the weekend it all went out the window! I didn't workout on Sat or Sun. Do I count today as day 3 or as day 1 and do 30 days in a row?

It's totally up to you. Many people don't do it 30 days in a row and would count today as day 3.
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    L1D4 done. So thankful my back is feeling much better today. I am so ready to be done with level 1! The jumping jacks and jump rope back to back in circuit 1 kill me!!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Decided not to take a break so L1D4 completed. Did the warmup and push-ups twice because my nieces called me in the middle of my first go around so started over and did it all the way through non-stop a second time. I still hate push ups.