Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    L1D5 done and done!!!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    L1D5 complete. Finding all of it much easier although I could improve my push ups but I'll keep working on that. Congrats to those that are seeing improvements in their bodies. Very exciting!
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    Wanted to share because I'm uber excited. Since beginning on March 1st I have already lost 4lbs. 4lb in less than a week?! I heart Jillian Michaels:)

g
    Amazing!!! Good job!
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    rest day from 30DS. I did Zumba instead. Level one day four will be tomorrow for me
  • Ratchett13
    Ratchett13 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I finished L1D5 today. I don't know if this is normal, but I haven't lost any weight since I started, but I definitely feel my body changing. I'm still very motivated to keep going and my sister in law started doing it everyday too (day 3 for her) so its nice having someone to push me everyday. The soreness is MUCH better today. I'm looking forward to L1D10 so I can measure again and hopefully see some progress!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I finished L1D5 today. I don't know if this is normal, but I haven't lost any weight since I started, but I definitely feel my body changing. I'm still very motivated to keep going and my sister in law started doing it everyday too (day 3 for her) so its nice having someone to push me everyday. The soreness is MUCH better today. I'm looking forward to L1D10 so I can measure again and hopefully see some progress!

It is very normal to not lose and sometimes even gain while doing 30DS. You're building muscle and muscle is heavier than fat; it takes up less space though, so you'll see a change in your measurements by the end no matter what the scale says :)
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    L1D6 complete- even went up to 5lb weights on those dreaded side lunges.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    L1D6 Finished!!! I think I will do tomorrow and then take 1 Day off.

It makes me laugh to hear about people's kids and pets because my two dogs are definitely trying to help. They love how the legs alternate on the bicycle crunches.
  • jazzykay1971
    Options
    L1D6 complete- even went up to 5lb weights on those dreaded side lunges.

You think those are bad?? Wait until the v raise squats in Level 2!! :sad:
  • kerrberw
    kerrberw Posts: 7
    Options
    L1D6 completed managed 5lb weights throughout so definitely seeing an improvement, locked the cat out today which was a brilliant idea!
  • Ratchett13
    Options

It is very normal to not lose and sometimes even gain while doing 30DS. You're building muscle and muscle is heavier than fat; it takes up less space though, so you'll see a change in your measurements by the end no matter what the scale says :)

Thank you for replying. I was hoping that was it, but my husband seems to think you don't start actually building muscle right away so I was kind of worried. I'll just keep under my calories and stick with it. My clothes feel like they're getting looser so hopefully that's true!
  • AmberCHM
    Options

Thank you for replying. I was hoping that was it, but my husband seems to think you don't start actually building muscle right away so I was kind of worried. I'll just keep under my calories and stick with it. My clothes feel like they're getting looser so hopefully that's true!

Your husband could be right, but muscles hold water to repair...so that could be it too?
  • jfarn422
    jfarn422 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I drop the weights too. It is more important to train your body to get through the whole thing. --- If I keep the weights and don't finish the tape I think I am worse off than limiting the resistance and finishing!

I think we're all doing pretty good! This thing is so difficult!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D5! I love that it's only 30mins....the 1st circuit is still a pain in the but, but I'm feeling some amazing results. I have more energy throughout the day and my legs are getting stronger. I think I'll increase the weights tomorrow.....(not with the side lunges) and do real push up.

You are all doing great and you push me everyday to do better and for that I would like to say thank you!
  • undercovermother
    undercovermother Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    L1D4 complete. I think I need heavier weights, I am using 3's and they are a breeze. I am not sweating as much as I thought I would - time to move on to big girl pushups I 'spose. And no more pausing during buttkicks or jumping rope might help.
  • AmberCHM
    Options
    L1D6 done! I can definitely feel an improvement in my stamina! I didn't have to pause at all during the 1st circuit cardio (jumping jacks and jump rope....my nemesis!) and I used 5 lb weights the entire time. I'll be going to the gym tonight for a Zumba-esque (but tougher) class, so let's just hope I don't wear myself out and that I feel as good on day 7!
  • Ratchett13
    Options
    Finished L1D6 today. My legs are still sore, but I'm pushing through.... Hoping these muscles start burning some fat so I can smile at the scale again :grumble: . I'm finding it hard not to measure myself early just to see.... Need some sort of motivation...
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    L1D5 completed. I too have had to turn down Jillian and turn up the music. I felt like I might be coming down with something this morning, but I was still able to power through and finish my workout. Thank Goodness its less than 30 min. I feel so much better having done it. You only regret the workouts you don't do. Half Way through Level 1! Ready to bring it for the second half:)
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    L1D3 here. I lost a day yesterday because I had a migraine that wouldn't budge. I feel stronger but not there yet. Ready for day 4 tomorrow! Keep up the good work everyone!
  • jackierenberg
    jackierenberg Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi, well i am on day 7 of the shred, and I find the push ups hard too. so i do the push up off of my exercise ball. saves my knees and this way i can modify how hard i want to do it... hope that helps :)