Check in

Options

Replies

• Bamagal25
    Bamagal25 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Finished L1D7 today. It is getting easier. I'm looking forward to see how hard L2 is on Thursday.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Today I did day 3 level 1, my 18 month old kept sitting on my face while I was doing the chest presses, and then sat on my abs when I was doing ab work. Had to put him in his play pen. Glad I got 3 days in a row. The hardest part for me is the push ups! I am doing the modified pushups, they are better on day 3 then they were on day 1.

:drinker: Heres to day 4 tomorrow
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    Aw man I did day one and two then in the weekend it all went out the window! I didn't workout on Sat or Sun. Do I count today as day 3 or as day 1 and do 30 days in a row?

I say you are on day three. A lot of people take 1 or 2 days off a week.
  • sansouchi1050
    Options
    Level one day three all done!!! I used 5 lbs weights for everything except the side lunge/lat raise. I had to drop down to three lb weights for that one. That exercise is a killer!!
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Checking in, day 5 is over, yay!!!!
  • LesleeAH
    LesleeAH Posts: 64
    Options
    Day 5 done today. I feel like my posture has improved, and I feel a lot stronger - anyone else getting this?
  • chloe65
    chloe65 Posts: 5
    Options
    I finished L1D3 yesterday. I'm going to try to do it every day for 30 days, but realize that some days will be difficult due to my schedule. So far each day is getting easier.
  • MrsTWard
    MrsTWard Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just did L1 Day5 and my hubby noticed a difference. I can feel & see a difference. I will weigh in on Day 10 & take my measurements which will be Mar 10.
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share because I'm uber excited. Since beginning on March 1st I have already lost 4lbs. 4lb in less than a week?! I heart Jillian Michaels:)
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share because I'm uber excited. Since beginning on March 1st I have already lost 4lbs. 4lb in less than a week?! I heart Jillian Michaels:)
    Way to go!!!

D5L1 completed!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

That is outstanding.....Congratulations!!! I was going to weight myself on D30 but now I'm contemplating on D15. I feel the difference and I see the difference I am so excited, but I'll wait a few more days. The push ups are getting better I did the whole thing in modified, now it's time to straighten those legs of mine.
  • wl4good
    wl4good Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is outstanding.....Congratulations!!! I was going to weight myself on D30 but now I'm contemplating on D15. I feel the difference and I see the difference I am so excited, but I'll wait a few more days. The push ups are getting better I did the whole thing in modified, now it's time to straighten those legs of mine.
    [/quote]

I weight myself everyday. I know it's not recommended because of fluctuations, but for me I need the accountability every day:) Ditto on the pushups. The very first circuit is the hardest, I feel like it 's the "uphill" part. Once I get past it, I can coast downhill for the rest of the workout.
  • Gillporteousx
    Options
    Day one of the 30 day shred ..

Level one completed measurements below :)

W: 131
    Hips:38
    Waist:32
    Left Leg:22.5
    Right Leg:22.5
    Neck: 11.5

:) xx
  • kerrberw
    kerrberw Posts: 7
    Options
    L1D5 completed, moved onto slightly heavier weights today as wanted to push myself a little bit more, agree with the comments about circuit 1 being the hardest but find the bicycle situps at the end a really nasty end to the whole thing!!
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I rotate between the 3 levels. I find level 1 the most difficult (especially if you hold the handweights while doing the cardio, as they do in Level 3). Because of hip and knee injuries (hit by a car years ago), I discovered after day 3 that I had to modify certain movements, particularly the "skating/skiing move". Not because of muscle soreness but rather because of extreme joint soreness.

In case anyone else has bad hips or knees, these MODIFICATIONS may help:

I had to eliminate the jumping jacks, the jump-and-twist move, and the side-to-side skating/skiing move -- basically any move that involves jumping and twisting or jumping and straddling simultaneously is out. Instead I do a combination of extra butt-kicks, high knees (I LOVE that one!), double high knees, and single-footed jump rope. By the last one, I mean jumping 2 or 3 times on my right foot (left foot up off the ground the entire time) , then switching and jumping 2 or 3 times on the left foot (rt foot up entire time), etc. I do side leg lifts and leg swings to work out the hip area. I just can't do the sideways jumping moves. It took too long to heal these injuries and I certainly don't want them to return!

It's been great so far - even when I REALLY didn't feel like working out last night, I knew we all have committed to each other to do this, so I spent 20 minutes with Jillian and felt GREAT afterwards! Thanks for this group and the motivation!!!
  • pinkydoodles
    pinkydoodles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    day 5 done - was talking myself out of doing it as was shattered but decided to do it & pleased i did. it is getting easier & my back is holding out.

have proper weights now. i turned the dvd down & played music instead - seemed to make it go faster

keep at it ! xx
  • gd50cent
    gd50cent Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    day 8 done for me! i weighed myself after day 7 and had lost 2lbs. last time i done the 30DS i lost 10lbs over all so i'll be happy if i manage that again! getting more comfortable with level 1 now compared to day 1 anyway but i know i'm only 2 days away from getting my *kitten* kicked in level 2. but as much as i hate level 2 i'm looking forward to getting my core crushed! lol.

keep on shredding!!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Half way through level 1!! D5 was a bit easier, but I still have such a hard time with the cardio in the first circuit!
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have the same knee injury issues. And the lower back, when doing the bicycle crunches. On to level 2, but I would love a day off....
  • undercovermother
    undercovermother Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Today I did day 3 level 1, my 18 month old kept sitting on my face while I was doing the chest presses, and then sat on my abs when I was doing ab work. Had to put him in his play pen. Glad I got 3 days in a row. The hardest part for me is the push ups! I am doing the modified pushups, they are better on day 3 then they were on day 1.

:drinker: Heres to day 4 tomorrow

I'm on the same day/level as you. I was able to do a few buttkicks without looking like a deranged lunatic - so it is getting better and my endurance is building! I am also doing the modified pushups. I don't think I've done a real pushup in my life!