• pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I think I love you.....
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I think I love you.....

I love this thread too - thank you so much for posting this. It goes with exactly what i've been learning :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I think I love you.....

I love this thread too - thank you so much for posting this. It goes with exactly what i've been learning :)

LOL...:-)
  • chelljo12
    chelljo12 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to the group. I need help!!!!

my BMR = 1625
    my TDEE= 2510
    my TDEE/cut 2100

I usually do cardio/bike riding with 700-900 burns depending on how im feeling.
    I also do light strengthening 3lb weights and ab exerciser.
    Please help as I know I was only eating 1200 cals most days and not eating back exercise cals. I recently upped my cal intake and am so scared I will gain back the 25 i already lost. I am excited to give this new way a try as I do not want to stop exercising as I love it now(lol)

So how should I be eating.
    Michelle
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to the group. I need help!!!!

my BMR = 1625
    my TDEE= 2510
    my TDEE/cut 2100

I usually do cardio/bike riding with 700-900 burns depending on how im feeling.
    I also do light strengthening 3lb weights and ab exerciser.
    Please help as I know I was only eating 1200 cals most days and not eating back exercise cals. I recently upped my cal intake and am so scared I will gain back the 25 i already lost. I am excited to give this new way a try as I do not want to stop exercising as I love it now(lol)

So how should I be eating.
    Michelle

Eat 2100 every single day. You will need to start eating back cals when you burn over 475 cals. So if you have a 700 cal burn day, then you need to eat at least 2325 to Net your BMR and on 900 cal burn days you eat 2525 to Net. Again any burn over 475 you start to eat back those calories above and beyond that.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Am still new to the eating more plan. I just upped my calories from 1200 to 1600. Some times I do go up to 1800. I usually work out about 3-4 times a week burning about 400-500. My TDEE light is 2064 and TDEE for moderate is 2327. My BMR is 1501.

It seems like it's working so far. I lost 3.4 pounds this week. This is my second week doing this. The first week, I gained.

So what would you suggest, especially since I lost 3.4 pounds this week.

Thanks so kindly for your input :flowerforyou:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i need help figuring all this out, i am so confused. i rad thought a bit of it but i wasn't going to read though 9 pages,lol sorry....

I have been trying to loose 15-20 lbs since Oct 22nd, my loss has been very slow. When i started out on mfp i was put at the reg 1200 cals a day and was loosing a steady 2.5 lbs a month. Then i found out about my bmr and upped my cals to min net 1350 a day. since then ( a good 2 months) i have slowed down to 1-1.5 lb loss a month. when i am trying to figure out my tdee with the info provided the thing i am confuse don is where to put me on the active scale... the only major work out i do is ripped in 30 5-6 days a week for 30 min. i really am not moving a whole lot the rest of the day. sedentary is little or no exercise which is really me for the most part but since i do that dvd would it make me lightly active? someone told me b/c i did it 5 day s a week i should be moderate but is 30 min a day really moderate? not sure....
    so my stats i figured out so far were bmr of 1351 at my weight of 131 lbs, 5 ft 2 inches, 35 year old. so what should me tdee be? 1621 or 1857? then what do i do with that number? subtract 15-20% of 500 cals?

oh so confused..... i don't know why my loss has been so slow but it sure would be nice after 6 months to be finally at my goal. I never knew it was going to be so hard to loos 15-20lbs.... ( this is the 1st time i have ever had to loose weight and i know nothing about how to do it) my SW was 140, CW 129.8-130.6 GW 125 UGW 120-122 ish.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Am still new to the eating more plan. I just upped my calories from 1200 to 1600. Some times I do go up to 1800. I usually work out about 3-4 times a week burning about 400-500. My TDEE light is 2064 and TDEE for moderate is 2327. My BMR is 1501.

It seems like it's working so far. I lost 3.4 pounds this week. This is my second week doing this. The first week, I gained.

So what would you suggest, especially since I lost 3.4 pounds this week.

Thanks so kindly for your input :flowerforyou:

I would say, stick with eating at least the 1800 cals making sure to net at least your BMR on high burn days...Right now you are a good bit under your moderate tdee...you are losing, so that is great...if you stall DON'T go down in cals, go up by 100 cals to get the scale moving. The body tends to reset when you are not at your maintenance cals...so when mine did that, I bumped and got the scale moving again.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Options
    Thank you so much AnewLucia!! You are so helpful :flowerforyou:
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Options
    bump
  • christianadivine
    christianadivine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    edited to say i started my own thread for the question. :P
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    subscribing to read tomorrow. Been trying to get my head around BMR and TDEE for the last fortnight :-)
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    hio my bmr is 1410
    tdee is 1938 -15 % is 1647
    I set my acctivity level to light as i do 30 min shred maybe 4 or 5 times a week ad my hrm says it only burns about 150 cals i also jog now and then 5 miles.I am trying to alternate with no more trouble zones which is 40 mins with some weights but not heavy
    so basically as my exercise hrm says im only burning 150 ish cals which i am not sure if its accurate as its not an expensive one should i just eat 1647 a day
    I
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    hio my bmr is 1410
    tdee is 1938 -15 % is 1647
    I set my acctivity level to light as i do 30 min shred maybe 4 or 5 times a week ad my hrm says it only burns about 150 cals i also jog now and then 5 miles.I am trying to alternate with no more trouble zones which is 40 mins with some weights but not heavy
    so basically as my exercise hrm says im only burning 150 ish cals which i am not sure if its accurate as its not an expensive one should i just eat 1647 a day
    I

I strongly suggest you change your activity level to moderate and use that TDEE - 15% to eat every single day. You only need to eat more if your NET is less than BMR. Start eating back until you at least NET your BMR.
  • mummytobeslim
    mummytobeslim Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    thank you so ny new tdee minus 15 % is 1870 so will use that as a guide .Thank you
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump so i can find when i get on my desktop. Gotta figure this out and start applying it
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i need help figuring all this out, i am so confused. i rad thought a bit of it but i wasn't going to read though 9 pages,lol sorry....

I have been trying to loose 15-20 lbs since Oct 22nd, my loss has been very slow. When i started out on mfp i was put at the reg 1200 cals a day and was loosing a steady 2.5 lbs a month. Then i found out about my bmr and upped my cals to min net 1350 a day. since then ( a good 2 months) i have slowed down to 1-1.5 lb loss a month. when i am trying to figure out my tdee with the info provided the thing i am confuse don is where to put me on the active scale... the only major work out i do is ripped in 30 5-6 days a week for 30 min. i really am not moving a whole lot the rest of the day. sedentary is little or no exercise which is really me for the most part but since i do that dvd would it make me lightly active? someone told me b/c i did it 5 day s a week i should be moderate but is 30 min a day really moderate? not sure....
    so my stats i figured out so far were bmr of 1351 at my weight of 131 lbs, 5 ft 2 inches, 35 year old. so what should me tdee be? 1621 or 1857? then what do i do with that number? subtract 15-20% of 500 cals?

oh so confused..... i don't know why my loss has been so slow but it sure would be nice after 6 months to be finally at my goal. I never knew it was going to be so hard to loos 15-20lbs.... ( this is the 1st time i have ever had to loose weight and i know nothing about how to do it) my SW was 140, CW 129.8-130.6 GW 125 UGW 120-122 ish.

any suggestions for me ?
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow...there is such a huge gap between what MFP tells me and what I've read here...

I'm 23, 198 pounds, 5f10'.
    I'm a moderate active person, I work out about 4 times a week (dance, trampoline, ultimate frisbee and swimming) and I walk almost every week day for about 2X15 minutes.

From what I've calculate, my BMR is around 1680 and my TDEE is ...2864. In order to lose, I would have to eat about 2400 calories. This seems a HUGE amount of calories !

Is this right ? I don't know how I will eat that much...
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Wow...there is such a huge gap between what MFP tells me and what I've read here...

I'm 23, 198 pounds, 5f10'.
    I'm a moderate active person, I work out about 4 times a week (dance, trampoline, ultimate frisbee and swimming) and I walk almost every week day for about 2X15 minutes.

From what I've calculate, my BMR is around 1680 and my TDEE is ...2864. In order to lose, I would have to eat about 2400 calories. This seems a HUGE amount of calories !

Is this right ? I don't know how I will eat that much...

Well, due to the fact that MFP doesn't include exercise cals, that appears to makes the gap even larger, lol. Remember that when you figure things out according to your TDEE, exercise cals are included in the calculation, so the cals aren't eaten back unless you are netting below BMR.

For moderately active (around 3-5 hours of exercise/wk,...is that accurate?), I'd calculate you with around 1700 for BMR, 2650 TDEE, and 2250 for TDEE -15% (which is what you'd eat, unless you burn more than the 550 cal burn that is figured in)

If you're working out more than what i mentioned, then your calculations are probably correct and that's the number you should eat. :wink:

any suggestions for me ?

Sorry we missed your first post :blushing:

Because you still work out 5-6 days/wk, I would not use the sedentary setting. Lightly active, I'd consider to be about 1-3 hours of exercise each week, and moderately active about 3-5 hours per week, so you could possibly fall right in between the two.

with your stats, I'd figure you at *least* the 1856 TDEE (lightly active), so you'd start with 15% of that. So you'd basically eat around 1580 or so daily for weight loss (which includes exercise cals up to 280.... if you find that you average more than 280 for your daily burns, then you should either eat back enough cals to put you back at your BMR, or recalculate your TDEE using a higher activity level, because you're actually more active than you thought) :wink:

Also, just for reference, we have almost identical stats (same height, weight, close in age), I workout 5 days/wk, and I currently eat 1900 cals to cut...

Hope that answers your question.. :flowerforyou:

~Kiki
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

Well, due to the fact that MFP doesn't include exercise cals, that appears to makes the gap even larger, lol. Remember that when you figure things out according to your TDEE, exercise cals are included in the calculation, so the cals aren't eaten back unless you are netting below BMR.

For moderately active (around 3-5 hours of exercise/wk,...is that accurate?), I'd calculate you with around 1700 for BMR, 2650 TDEE, and 2250 for TDEE -15% (which is what you'd eat, unless you burn more than the 550 cal burn that is figured in)

If you're working out more than what i mentioned, then your calculations are probably correct and that's the number you should eat. :wink:

Yes, I have a minimum 3 hours of active work out. Add the 5 times I'm walking 30 minutes.

I just don't know how I will eat 2250 calories a day lol...right now I'm around 1700 and I'm not hungry or I don't feel a lack of energy.

Thanks for your help !