What the hell????

Options
vaderandbill
vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
Where is everyone?

Anyone feel like doing a measurable challenge this month? ie: minutes exercised, calories burned, miles walked or other idea?

I'm not able to lift or run hard for two more weeks but I can hit the elliptical or bike like a motherf#@%&*!!

anyone?

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Nobody...honestly, I think there's an epic MFP fail on the way that groups work. There should be a notification if someone posts a new thread in a group. Seriously, I can not be expected to just check in. That said, I have no suggestion for a challenge...
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested in one.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested! I also think there should be an alert!
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    I'm up for a challenge. I have something super fun planned in a couple of weeks and would like to see the scale go down...the scale is teetering and making me crazy.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! I will admit, I have been off track ince Thursday r Friday! I am SO sorry Vader! But , since I love your passion for that eliptical, I think you should post updates often so we could watch you. I fell yesterday and my foot is in pain! Otherwise you know I LOVE a good challenge! Gimme a week & I will join you, promise!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Personally speaking, we spent the last few weeks packing our things to move... Just moved into our new apartment this past weekend and now its the whole unpacking-and settling in thing. I also have been practicing for two music performances one of which is a fundraiser so Im practicing like crazy).. Im lucky I have enough time to log in my food intakes for the day at this point.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love challenges, I just wish I was well enough to REALLY workout. We could do something like post our DAILY days achievements like getting all your water in or a workout.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Ahhh! I will admit, I have been off track ince Thursday r Friday! I am SO sorry Vader! But , since I love your passion for that eliptical, I think you should post updates often so we could watch you. I fell yesterday and my foot is in pain! Otherwise you know I LOVE a good challenge! Gimme a week & I will join you, promise!

Well, the elliptical isn't really a passion, it is more of a need at this point since I can't lift or run for another week.

I will hold you to starting next week!!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I love challenges, I just wish I was well enough to REALLY workout. We could do something like post our DAILY days achievements like getting all your water in or a workout.

I'll be expecting to see something from you tomorrow!!! I will do the same.
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am back into full-time study so had to give up a piece of my online life. It was easiest to give up MFP groups cause of the lack of notifications.
    This month I am on a lifestyle challenge at work that runs for 6 weeks. We get points for everything like cutting back on coffee, having alcohol free days, getting 45 mins of exercise a day, breathing, and of course weightloss and waist cm's lost. It's great fun and very motivating with free classes each week in cross training, yoga and healthy eating.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I am back into full-time study so had to give up a piece of my online life. It was easiest to give up MFP groups cause of the lack of notifications.
    This month I am on a lifestyle challenge at work that runs for 6 weeks. We get points for everything like cutting back on coffee, having alcohol free days, getting 45 mins of exercise a day, breathing, and of course weightloss and waist cm's lost. It's great fun and very motivating with free classes each week in cross training, yoga and healthy eating.

Good luck with the challenge! Sounds great
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Ok, under on calories, over on carbs and under on protein. Did well with sodium and only 1g over on fat. 9 cups of water!

I was prepared to try walking tonight but of course it was pouring rain when I got home and then it was Easter egg coloring time. Tomorrow is another day.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I did well again today and even managed a little ice cream...I ran out of protein bars and thought it was a good substitute.

I did some minor exercise today and I'll add just a little more tomorrow. P90X is on my list as soon as I work my way back to it...probably about 2 weeks from now.

I've been killing the water intake and stayed well under my sodium!

Hello? Anyone there? Hellllooooo????
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    Okay, looks like the holiday messed me (and a lot others by the looks of it!!) this past 3 day holiday weekend. I did achieve a walk in my neighborhood. It wasnt much, only .25 mile but I did it! If it wasn't for the achilles tendon on my GOOD foot I probably could have gotten a mile in!!

I also pulled out my Pilates machine and started strength exercising, I forgot how much fun I have with this machine! Of course I'll think different when I put more resistant bands on, tee hee..

Hope everyone is back on track and focused. Thank you all for your support, I would have given up a long time ago if it wasn't for MFP friends :flowerforyou:
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I am having a laid back week in preparation for what I'm going to put myself through with this P90X on Sunday. I'm not eating terribly but it isn't all pretty either. I had a bagel with scallion and bacon cream cheese this morning (I know, I know...but please hold your gasps) I also had my normal oven roasted chicken Subway lunch today. But I had.....I'm so sorry to frighten some of you...but I had an entire 20oz Dr. Pepper with it. I apologize for the vulgar things you've just read!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    CHIRP! CHIRP! CHIRP!! Awfully quiet around these parts

cricket.jpg
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Challenge me, vader! I've been on a break for over a month. It started as a need to get rid of frustration that I wasn't getting results anymore, and then I extended it through some health issues that was being tested for. Now that it's diagnosed and not serious, I can get into this again. I have a home gym (bands, not weights), jogging outside, an elliptical, and various workout dvds at my disposal. I will be calculating my burn with my trusty hrm.
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    Ok, more people need to post so we can get to a new page and get rid of that nasty looking cricket but on the other hand I have lost my appetite and maybe should post that to my fridge - NOT!!

Yesterday was my first day of a real workout - at least to the best of my ability with my ankle/foot isues. It felt awsome! Today I plan to workout with my DVD, Pilates machines and walk the neighborhood (.25 mile). I am picking up the pace in walking, but my achilles tendon will bother me and I start to gimp in the end (even with a ankle brace support). Not gonna let that stop me though, I'll just ice it when I get home and I'm going to earn that Bud light!!!

So, Vader and WifeNama - what will your challenge be today?

Kathy
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    well, I'm currently at work and making beef jerky (yep, getting paid to make jerky) but that certainly isn't burning any calories.

I have been preparing my new calorie intake and macros for the P90X adventure and I have to say that I'm shocked at how much I get to eat but I'm stunned at how much protein I have to take in!

I am going to get a quick workout in here at work on the Total Gym that my residents have.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I think a jog this afternoon. 3 strength training sessions per week, 3 cardio per week, at least 30 minutes each cardio, watch the sugar intake.

And for the seventh day, it will be a rest day, and it will alternate between a no-log (reasonable cheat) and a fast day.

And once a month weigh in.