What the hell????

Options

Replies

• WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I'm too cheap to buy oikos.
    If I want thicker yogurt, I plop a container of plain organic 3% in some cheesecloth and hang that over a bowl in the fridge overnight. A lot of Whey comes out and you're left with thick creamy probiotic goodness. Because it's more concentrated, I imagine the protein level would be much higher than the original.
    Also, you could blend the cottage cheese... More of a ricotta that way I would imagine.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Ok, fine! I'll buy the damn cottage cheese and add it the smoothie!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    I win!

Ugh, actually, not so much. I agreed to babysitter a 7 year old boy today, which threw off my exercise timing, so now I have to do it once my boys are asleep. The kids really got along together, and I had a few fun things for them to do. Gorgeous day so they took the remote control monster truck out for a spin.
    And my macros are lining up right, too. So hard to get the protein in and the carbs down, so this excites me.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    always a good thing when the macros line up!!

I'm supposed to do legs and back tonight but honestly my legs are still way too sore from plyometrics on Wednesday. Perhaps a morning workout is in order!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    I'm gearing up for upper and then some elliptical while I watch Merlin. I'm on season 3. I'm such a nerd. :embarassed:

How accurate do you figure a home gym is that uses bands instead of weights? Because according to this thing I'm benching 120 easy, and I just don't think that's something I could do with real weights, especially a barbell because you have to balance the darn thing.
    I also do lat pull downs and seated presses at 120 according to the machine. I just want a set of free weights.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I've never used one. But honestly, why worry about the weight ratio as long as you're pushing yourself? If you end up going to the gym then it's worth the time to figure out but as long as your kicking your own *kitten* at home, don't sweat it!!!

and 120 would be a great bench with a bar!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    You must be doing something right if you're still sore. :-)

Well, I'm definitely pushing myself, don't see the point of doing it if I'm not working at maximum ability. Don't get a lot of time to do it without the kids getting in the way, so I need to be efficient.

I just mostly would like the bragging rights to a legitimate 120. haha

Kind of annoyed with the machine though, because when I do bicep curls or rowing with it, I can't put the resistance as high as I would like because then the machine moves. It's a bit big for me, so I have to put my feet up on a 6 inch step to be comfortable, and I can't weigh the thing down enough to keep it sitting still. And we can't just bolt it to the floor.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    have you thought of trying the bands or tubes for rowing and biceps? They are only about $5 or$6 each.

See if a local gym has a free one day workout so you can find out your max totals!!
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    ok, new page, new page, new page, plezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze!!!

Sorry I haven't been around, it's been nutty in my household lately and that's a challenge in itself!!!

It's so nice to hear you guys are really pushing yourself and succeeding! I can't wait to get there. I love getting those workouts in when those endorphines kick in and you know your doing something good for your body. You start eating better and pushing yourself more. Awsome jobs guys :)

I've been good about wearing my black boot, only have until Wednesday and then therapy begins. I ordered an Aircast brace and will use that. My doctor said I could start with the stationary bike and I plan on going to the gym on Wednesday.

Vader - good luck on your PX90 workout this weekend!! and Wifenmama - let's get a jog in :)

Kathy
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Goingnuts- glad you can get back to exercising. Taking a forced break is frustrating, but sounds like you really needed it. :-)

Vader- I have a couple of stretch bands I could try out, feel kind of silly for not thinking of it myself...
    Yeah I think I'm going to a drop in gym soon just to take a look at my numbers. My husband would probably want to go too, we could get a babysitter and have a date. Sort of. I'll take what I can get!
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    Thank you for the new page - wifenmama. I love my resistance band I have a "professional" one I got from a trainer and it's my favoriite. The other have too much give in them (blue/red).

Vadir - don't even think about putting the nasty looking cricket on here. I will rat on you and Katie will definitely have some words with you as well!!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Goingnuts- glad you can get back to exercising. Taking a forced break is frustrating, but sounds like you really needed it. :-)

Vader- I have a couple of stretch bands I could try out, feel kind of silly for not thinking of it myself...
    Yeah I think I'm going to a drop in gym soon just to take a look at my numbers. My husband would probably want to go too, we could get a babysitter and have a date. Sort of. I'll take what I can get!

It will be good to have him there for a spotter!!

Kathy, if you promise to post here regularly I will keep the cricket away but if I sense you're slacking...back he comes!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    How about a grasshopper?
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested! I also think there should be an alert!

Agree completely! I've been so darn busy the last month I have hardly had time to breath. Plus racking my leg up made it very difficult doing anything.

Good news is I did not gain back anything.:bigsmile:
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Well I haven't gotten my workout yet today, and I'm thinking it probably won't happen. Tomorrow is my fast day so I'm not going to be working out then, either. I need to keep to the routine on saturdays.
  • vaderandbill
    Options

Agree completely! I've been so darn busy the last month I have hardly had time to breath. Plus racking my leg up made it very difficult doing anything.

Good news is I did not gain back anything.:bigsmile:

Holy crap, you've lost an entire person. IMPRESSIVE!!!!
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    Ummmm.......grasshopper (that's a drink isn't it) no wait!!! it's the keebler cookies - yum!

Got some more house cleaning in for exercise. Geez, I've never had my house this clean!

Mem50 - I agree with Vadir, that is awsome and it's wonderful you haven't gained. Nice job!!

Wifenmama, we'll keep on you next Saturday - no slacking!!!!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Maybe that's the workout I need to do, GN. My house could use some extra attention. Scrubbing the tub and floors definitely puts my heartrate right up there. :-)
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Good day today. I was able to complete legs and back for my P90X. Also, I did a bunch of painting that I'm sure burned something since most of it was over head. Still need to up my protein by a ton according to P90X but I'm around 170g and that is tough to do for me...I can't imagine another 100g.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Protein is a tough one. And I'd much rather get it from actual food, not just shakes. I wish carbs were the thing to eat more of, cuz I am practically a legend with carbs.