What the hell????

Options

Replies

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Been busy...........working. Then my house got broken into. So I've been busy with that. However, I'm up to a challenge now.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OK - sucks to be me. I can't exercise for two weeks. Back to wearing the black boot to help me heal my achilles tendonities. I am proud to say I wore my HRM watch and cleaned the two bathrooms, dusted the living room and family room and changed sheets on the beds. Even though I wasn't suppose to walk on my foot (he wants me to RICE it), I'll do that later this evening.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    OK - sucks to be me. I can't exercise for two weeks. Back to wearing the black boot to help me heal my achilles tendonities. I am proud to say I wore my HRM watch and cleaned the two bathrooms, dusted the living room and family room and changed sheets on the beds. Even though I wasn't suppose to walk on my foot (he wants me to RICE it), I'll do that later this evening.

Better to rest and get well and live to fight another day
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I did my strength training today, darn you all. :grumble: :tongue:
  • vaderandbill
    Options

here is my day:

So, I had to do a training today at a different location so I carpooled with a friend and left my car at a shopping plaza. I returned 6 hours to find my window broken and damage from bumper to bumper. there was a note taped to the car..."I hit your car, I'm sorry". The note also had a phone number and a police report. Apparently this guy didn't see my car all by itself in the very middle of the parking when he was driving his tractor trailor!! $7,200 worth of damage not counting the new seat I'll need due to glass ruining the leather.
  • WifeNMama
    Options

here is my day:

So, I had to do a training today at a different location so I carpooled with a friend and left my car at a shopping plaza. I returned 6 hours to find my window broken and damage from bumper to bumper. there was a note taped to the car..."I hit your car, I'm sorry". The note also had a phone number and a police report. Apparently this guy didn't see my car all by itself in the very middle of the parking when he was driving his tractor trailor!! $7,200 worth of damage not counting the new seat I'll need due to glass ruining the leather.

So what you're saying is you picked a bad place to park... I kid. :-) So are you getting it fixed or is it going to be replaced? That's crazy damage, like I was the one trying to guide a trailer through that lot. At least there was a police report and everything. He could have just hit and run.

I did my cardio today, got good and sweaty, not just glowy and glisteny. Really soupy. The sad part was I was trying to find songs with a good tempo on my ipod, and I had to settle for Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift soundtrack. Electronica/dance. Boo.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Aesop101 - so sorry to hear about the break in, can't imagine how I would have handled it. Hopefully everything is going smoothly and you're stress level is okay.

Vader - what the hell! Dang, I'm feel bad for you also, thank god the person who hit you was responsible. Not that it will help you with the crap you need to deal with but at least it can be less stressful getting things back in order.

Wifenmama - nice job getting your cardio in. I so wish I could be in your shoes, just need to have patience. I'll get there soon.. Great job!!

BTW - Thank you Vader for getting a new page on - that cricket was creeping me out :)

Have a great week everyone :)

Kathy
  • vaderandbill
    Options

cricket.jpg

Kathy, I'm sorry about bringing back the cricket but I'm hoping it will encourage you to keep posting so that we get to another page (yep, that's how I think)

WifeNMama: yes, it is going to be fixed...I was hoping for it to be a loss because I'd really like to get a truck.

P90X is supposed to start today. I just need to get over to my friends house to get it...I'll do it!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Mr. Cricket says, "You can do it!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Started P90X today. I made it through the first series of exercises but I was sore (hernia) so I stopped. Brutal workout and I can't wait to do the entire thing. I probably won't start counting the 90 days until next week and just use this week as a tune up.

It was tough trying to eat enough to fill the calories suggested for me. Of course, the 2 beers at lunch probably weren't a great idea but at least I stopped at 2 and still worked out 3 hours later.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Ah, a hernia? That must make working out pretty touchy.
    I had a gallstone attack this morning (and if you say you've had yours out, I will resent you) but it cleared up in a couple of hours, and my husband was kind enough to take care of the kids this morning so I didn't have to move. I still kicked butt with my strength training and then an 8 minute tabata session. It left me shaking and my legs were already sore from my jog yesterday. It was my first jog in weeks. So naturally, now I feel quite invincible. :-)
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Ah, a hernia? That must make working out pretty touchy.
    I had a gallstone attack this morning (and if you say you've had yours out, I will resent you) but it cleared up in a couple of hours, and my husband was kind enough to take care of the kids this morning so I didn't have to move. I still kicked butt with my strength training and then an 8 minute tabata session. It left me shaking and my legs were already sore from my jog yesterday. It was my first jog in weeks. So naturally, now I feel quite invincible. :-)

Well I still have my gall bladder so I feel safe from your resentment. You are invincible if you feel that you are!!!

I had my hernia repaired 30 days ago and while it feels good overall, I had some discomfort while doing pullups.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Well my resentment isn't all that far reaching, and doesn't tend to stick well anyway. So did the doctor clear you for working out? 30 after surgery seems hasty, especially given thats it was for a hernia. I can't remember what they told me for my c section...
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    It was an umbilical hernia so the recovery was nothing like my 2 lower hernias a few years back. The doctor told me to wait 4 weeks...I waited 4 weeks AND 2 days.

Tonight will be Plyometrics once the kids go to bed...should be interesting.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Be careful and have fun. :-)

Also, you have two adorable boys.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Thanks. the red head is clearly trying his best to be the devil!!!

Plyo went ok tonight. No pain with the hernia but my legs are on fire. I didn't make it all the way through and I could barely get up the stairs afterwards. Should be sore tomorrow.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    I was a nanny for a boy that I seriously thought was possessed.
    Actually, in a parents info thing I was at, they said little boys go through an average of 13 fits of uncontrollable rage per day. It's starts around three years old, and it's due to a hormone shift similar in intensity of a girl going through puberty. I remember being 13, and my boys are pretty tame comparitively.
    So at least you can take comfort in the fact that it's normal. Still frustrating, but normal. We call particularly bad days "e-bay days", as in one more outburst and I'm going to put up an ad on e-bay.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    pretty good day again. I really need to be better about protein shakes in order to get my levels up. I shouldn't be taking in more carbs than protein. I got through P90X arms and shoulders and felt great afterwards. I tried doing the Ab Ripper but my legs are just too sore from yesterday (I can barely touch them)
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    My lower abs have been pretty sore the last couple of days. Suppose that's a good thing. Proof that they are being worked. I'm hoping I can jog tomorrow instead of doing cardio indoors.

I've been eating 1% cottage cheese. 16g of protein for half a cup. I was pretty surprised at that amount. I wish my yogurt was that high, but I'm going th try mixing my protein shake mix into my yogurt, instead of making it a drink. It would be more like chocolate pudding if I don't critique it too closely.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    My lower abs have been pretty sore the last couple of days. Suppose that's a good thing. Proof that they are being worked. I'm hoping I can jog tomorrow instead of doing cardio indoors.

I've been eating 1% cottage cheese. 16g of protein for half a cup. I was pretty surprised at that amount. I wish my yogurt was that high, but I'm going th try mixing my protein shake mix into my yogurt, instead of making it a drink. It would be more like chocolate pudding if I don't critique it too closely

I'm not overly thrilled with the texture of cottage cheese but I know I should eat it. I do love the Dannon Oikos...22g protein in 1 cup...plus I add berries or a banana or use it to make a smoothie.