What the hell????

Options

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I've written two novels, a self-help book and received numerous awards on how to eat crappy carbs!!!

I just can't eat that much food.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I usually do really well on getting my protein in and stay within my carb and sodium limits. My pitfall is fat and sugar quotas, no matter how hard I try I never stay within quota. ugh....

So, my left foot is feel much better (I got rid of the black book over the weekend and tried a brace with a cushion for the back of ankle where the achilles tendon is). I had no pain yesterday. I'm contemplating of purchasing a stationary bike and start building up strength by just doing 5 min one day, 10 min. the next and so on. I don't want to go to the gym and not be able to work out - being envious of everyone working out. It'll just piss me off!!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    if you have a cheap gym nearby, maybe they have bikes (to lessen the blow of having to buy one).

DON'T RUSH!!! You could lay yourself up for the summer!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options

cricket.jpg

Kathy, I'm sorry about bringing back the cricket but I'm hoping it will encourage you to keep posting so that we get to another page (yep, that's how I think)

WifeNMama: yes, it is going to be fixed...I was hoping for it to be a loss because I'd really like to get a truck.

P90X is supposed to start today. I just need to get over to my friends house to get it...I'll do it!

Okay dammit.... I got the "cricket" memo and you are SO TOTALLY RIGHT Bill....

So, here is an idea hatched from this thread (thanks Bill)...

Calories burned...for the next four weeks, beginning tomorrow, April 24th (why not {somewhat} in the middle of the week? It could happen...) Also, part of the challenge, water intake. Let's see where this leads us people. I need motivation to get back my groove here, so hopefully this will be just the ticket.

Anyone interested, just keep it in this thread. Don't forget to log your food in and for goodness sakes, let's start talking here again. I'll be the first one to say I've been absent lately without any good reason besides life, which is a terrible excuse.... sorry guys. :flowerforyou:

~katie
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I'm in!

Also, today marked the end of my first week of P90X. It took me one extra day due to leg soreness! and holy crap is it hard!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    So calories burned and water. Gotcha.

Vader, you're a warrior.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    aw thanks. I'm signing up for a Warrior Dash in September
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Did I mention I'm a prophetess? :-P

I wonder if there's a warrior dash in my area... Google.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    warriordash.com
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    None in Alberta. :angry:
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Well that's because nobody wants to go there!!!!:laugh:
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    :angry: bring it, punk!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I'll bring it if I can find you...but is there even a map of that place?? :bigsmile:
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So, I went on line and bought a stationary bike, can't wait to get it it! Until my houseguest leaves I plan on storing it upstairs in the living room. It folds up so it won't be in the way. I won't be able to do much on the bike at first, but I'll get something.

On Wednesday I plan to go to PF after work. I've gotta to start working on my core and will do the "circuit" they have, but skip the ones that need ankle/foot movements. As a warm up I'll get on the bike for 5 min. and a normal pace, no more than that (as tempted as I'll be, I'm not going to go backward)

Got my water in today!!!!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Rest/recovery day!! Thank God!! I am sore everywhere!

Needed more fiber, less sodium and fat. Stayed under the calories. Did well on the water today.

Bruins have game 7 tomorrow night and I'm going out with the guys...calories will need to be saved all day for that one!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Have a great time!

Tomorrow is my cardio day so hopefully I can jog with Sam again. (The dog)
    Depends on my honey's schedule. He may be writing a sermon all day so we'll see.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Check-In for first day of challenge guys:

Starting Sats:

Name: Katie

Weight today: 130 lbs.

Goals for this Challenge: 5 lbs loss and get back into groove/on track~

Exercise of Choice: Cardio (step climber (10-20 min), treadmill (10 min), cardio machines (1/2 hr) for arms and legs, 20 sit-ups/day), hot yoga (90 min).
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Name: Bill

Weight today: 193 lbs.

Goals: Kick *kitten*!

Exercise of choice: P90X (or self abuse, whichever you prefer)

Also, as some people have noticed I don't post pics of myself (I'm private like that) but I am in a big self-debate about posting before and after pics of the P90X. We shall see!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Lol or self flagellation....

Ok I guess I'll make myself official

Name: Margaret

Weight today: 151 lb. (Yesterday I would have written 152 :bigsmile:)

Goal: get all my protein in, more water (I'm bad for that), and lose 4 lb. In 4 weeks.

Exercise: strength training, jogging, elliptical.

Calorie burned count starting yesterday: 270
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Today will just be flat out bad for me. The soda pushed me over the edge. I have logged everything as of 4:30pm.

My son starts baseball and I'm coaching so that'll earn me a few calories but certainly won't save me from already being over my carbs by 80g and a solid 6-pack or so later will only crush those numbers. Please forgive my sins and know that I will do a double workout tomorrow.

That is all. Go Bruins!