What the hell????

Options

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all!! My Friday did not go as planned, let's put it this way - got home really late and ate a Lean Cuisine dinner with 4 glass of wine, no exercising at all.

Today is a new day and I've gamed planned well. Already got my bike ride in, have good meals planned for the day, and need to work on house cleaning and detail cleaning of the car (too windy and cold to hand wash it). So, I'll be burning more calories before the day's through :)

I've decided to not try the South Beach Diet. Instead, I'm going to cut back on the fruits, juice, and cereal for two weeks. These are very high in sugar and that's why I'm always going WAY over on my sugar quota, will be interesting where it leads.

There are lots of great cereals w/o the sugar. Check out F-Factor. Loaded with 15g fiber and 5g protein.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    So far, monitoring my sodium level has done well thus far. I had been surfing around 125 to 129 for the past few weeks without fail. Finally this week, I'm trying a different approach after weeks of doing the same thing.

A brilliant individual once said, “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Ten (10) points for anyone who knows who said this originally.

~katie

Einstein
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Ok day today. missed lunch due to cutting the grass and burning some brush. Took the boys to the park to ride bikes. My oldes was riding his bike for the first time. He did great but it led to me having to run next to him the entire time. Felt pretty good but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Due to the run I am putting yoga off one day.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Busy day today. I have a small window of opportunity for a workout in the afternoon. Strength today. Going to try and find something heavier than the ten pound mallet I used as a weight for my squats yesterday. My husband suggested the whole tool box. Lol

Not sure how I would hold that... I really need a weight set.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    fill gallon jugs with sand! Also, I love using the bands (just not the discount store ones).

Wait, do you even have gallon jugs up there??
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    fill gallon jugs with sand! Also, I love using the bands (just not the discount store ones).

Wait, do you even have gallon jugs up there??

Lol yes. We even got this new fangled thing called electricity. :-P

A gallon is a 4 litre jug. And I have a couple I could fill... Good idea.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten in an exercise for the last two days! Sunday I went up and down the stairs quite a few times and my ankle is really did not take that well at all. I had therapy today and when my PT took the roller to the back of my calves I literally clinched my teeth with the pain.

Hoping tomorrow I'll get back on track.

Here's to a successful week all.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Hope you're more mobile again soon. No stairs! :-)
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I haven't gotten in an exercise for the last two days! Sunday I went up and down the stairs quite a few times and my ankle is really did not take that well at all. I had therapy today and when my PT took the roller to the back of my calves I literally clinched my teeth with the pain.

Hoping tomorrow I'll get back on track.

Here's to a successful week all.

Hello? You have a new bike so why are you doing stairs???? Be smarter, I don't like scolding you!
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    decent day. I did have a small Frosty at Wendy's that reversed my carb/protein ration but otherwise I did well.

I attempted Ab Ripper X after shoulders/arms tonight. I thought I was going to die. yes, it's that hard!

However, I've notice my heart rate isn't getting quite as high so my body must be adapting. P90X changes the routines next week so I'm sure that'll help.

Keep up the good work!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I cleaned the top half of all the walls in the church basement, and cleaned out the chair storage room. So i was basically waving vigorously while standing on a chair on my tip toes for an hour and a half.

Wax on, wax off....

• katiebythebay
    Options
    So far, monitoring my sodium level has done well thus far. I had been surfing around 125 to 129 for the past few weeks without fail. Finally this week, I'm trying a different approach after weeks of doing the same thing.

A brilliant individual once said, “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Ten (10) points for anyone who knows who said this originally.

~katie

Einstein

Winner, winner, chicken dinner (literally tonight.)
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Forced myself to go to Bikram tonight.

Forgot to go to Planet Fitness early today AGAIN (for their iPod contest), kicking myself...

Went to the gym anyway and ended with a jog (because I was motivated by anger probably.)

30 sit-ups as usual.... came home, ate some soup and chicken.

Now to bed with me...sleep, need sleep....

~katie out.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    I just realized that I am being asked for pics but katie only has one of her in her profile and that is from years ago (20 if I recall). At least I have one pic in there (even if it's with a dead deer in it).
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    Forced myself to go to Bikram tonight.

Forgot to go to Planet Fitness early today AGAIN (for their iPod contest), kicking myself...

Went to the gym anyway and ended with a jog (because I was motivated by anger probably.)

30 sit-ups as usual.... came home, ate some soup and chicken.

Now to bed with me...sleep, need sleep....

~katie out.

do you always do 30 sit ups? I ask because they can cause neck and lower back pain. also, I've found that planks and side planks work your core better than sit ups/crunches.
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    I cleaned the top half of all the walls in the church basement, and cleaned out the chair storage room. So i was basically waving vigorously while standing on a chair on my tip toes for an hour and a half.

Wax on, wax off....

I must be a karate master now!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    I just realized that I am being asked for pics but katie only has one of her in her profile and that is from years ago (20 if I recall). At least I have one pic in there (even if it's with a dead deer in it).

Katie.... (Hands in my hips) cough one up.
  • vaderandbill
    Options

Wax on, wax off....

I must be a karate master now!

You are way beyond a karate master when you sport that hat and glasses. Secret agent assassin!!!
  • WifeNMama
    Options
    Haha. I've gotten so many comments from that pic... I might go back to it.
  • vaderandbill
    Options
    So for those of you that don't know, I run a program for court involved teenage boys and many have psychological disorders. I saw this the other day and it reminds of having a conversation with one of my clients.

74309462571240178.jpg