Like Minded Lushes - May 2012

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

Zip's got our back :drinker: :drinker:

My girlfriend's son is playing in this. Their band is down-n-dirty. It looks like they have a good slot and play at least a couple days. http://rocklahoma.com/
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Got some laundry done, vacuumed the carpets, swiffered the kitchen and entry way, gave our lab who sheds like crazy a good combing, so much so that her undercoat almost filled up a paper bag. Then got Back & Biceps done and hopped on the bike afterwards and so I'm now sitting here having a bud lime (to start :wink: ) while it's raining outside, productive day :smile: . Fiancé just got home so we'll see what or if we have dinner.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Well last night I avoided stopping at the liquor store for margarita stuff BUT ended up finishing the bottle of mango vodka we had in the freezer.
    Monday-12oz
    Tuesday-16oz
    Wednesday-4oz of mango vodka and 12oz of wine
    Thursday-Probably wine just not sure how much I have to figure out dinner...was gonna grill some chicken but realized we have no propane Bummer...off to check cookinglight.com for some inspiration :happy:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Some beer last night, some wine last night and a salad for dinner. Going to get more laundry done today, clean the bathrooms and get a bike ride in then park myself on the couch, have something to drink and relax. We leave tomorrow so I'll get a few last minute things done around the house before the fiancé gets home then we've got a few things to do before we head to New York.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Anyone ever had the Jose Cuervo Light?
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    The margarita? I think I have had it. It was pretty tart I think. Skinny Girl margarita is tart too, I like it, but I know a lot of people that dont.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Wednesday=2 bud lights
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    vodka diet sunkist lemon. who knows how many last night. forgot to get the white wine I needed for dinner tonight so plan B is veal parm so I will drink red. this weekend is definately 3 day drinking weekend cuz my birfday falls right in the middle of it.:happy: I will be consuming alcohol and lots of it.

I worked from home today so I haven't walked hardly at all (i get about 6000 in at work) I guess I will need to hit the dreadmill. have a great thursday evening all.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Just looked over the list of things we still need to do for the wedding .... is it too early for a drink? And, can I elope instead?!

Forget that first question, it's never too early .... think I'll do wine :drinker:
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    MMmm...vino! Enjoy some for me Kat!! (We ended up "eloping" to the courthouse a year early, soooo much easier!)

So far this week, zeros all around. Though this weekend I will probably make up for it. Tomorrow is a girls night "in" and Saturday is a wedding.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    0 last night. I opened some red to cook with tonight..so I should at least have a glasss, right?

Happy b-day Robin!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    MMmm...vino! Enjoy some for me Kat!! (We ended up "eloping" to the courthouse a year early, soooo much easier!)

So far this week, zeros all around. Though this weekend I will probably make up for it. Tomorrow is a girls night "in" and Saturday is a wedding.

I shall =] Unfortunately it is a bit late for us to elope and if we did I think my Gram would kill me haha. I know it'll be so worth it in the end because it won't feel like a wedding at all but all the little things are adding up. A little over 4 months to get things done yet the fiancé tells me not to worry which of course is easier said than done. I'm thinking the next few weekends are going to be dedicated to wedding shtuff and soon we'll order my amazing wedding band! :smile: That'll make me calm down a bit but for now wine is taking it's place haha.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    My husband and I eloped also, but didn't tell anyone and also had a wedding. It was nice as far as taking a lot of pressure off, plus it was our little secret. The hard part now is remembering both anniversaries, but if we forget one the next one is just around the corner :happy: Eventually years later we told everyone, all that time they thought we were living in "sin" :laugh:

Wednesday - wine
    Thursday - wine
  • Kat120285
    Options
    My husband and I eloped also, but didn't tell anyone and also had a wedding. It was nice as far as taking a lot of pressure off, plus it was our little secret. The hard part now is remembering both anniversaries, but if we forget one the next one is just around the corner :happy: Eventually years later we told everyone, all that time they thought we were living in "sin" :laugh:

Wednesday - wine
    Thursday - wine

LOVE this! Haha. Honestly the only thing that would take pressure off would be to elope and not have a wedding. It's the little things like having to have a ton of guest lists for our venue, filling out all the forms and a bunch of other little things that are getting to me. I think if we got married down at the court house or somewhere else just us and then had to have a "wedding" on top of it would make me lose all my hair haha. I cannot wait for the day to come because it will great but this time leading up to it is taking its toll but will hopefully be worth it :smile:
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    vodka diet sunkist lemon. who knows how many last night. forgot to get the white wine I needed for dinner tonight so plan B is veal parm so I will drink red. this weekend is definately 3 day drinking weekend cuz my birfday falls right in the middle of it.:happy: I will be consuming alcohol and lots of it.

I worked from home today so I haven't walked hardly at all (i get about 6000 in at work) I guess I will need to hit the dreadmill. have a great thursday evening all.

Your profile photo just makes me smile every time I see it! My husband's birthday is this weekend too, you Gemini's are crazy!! Happy Birthday!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Kat I was in your shoes this time last year....it all comes together I know it seems overwhelming. But, the sad thing is that its only one day and it flies by, so really try to have fun with the preparations too! And that is why I didn't lose the weight I wanted to for the wedding bc I kept drinking wine bc of all the stress!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Done with school...drank a *kitten* ton today.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    WOW I drank a crap ton last night....my husband was working in the area so he stopped by my office then we decided to go have a beer around the corner, that turned into 4 then stopped on the way home for another 1 1/2...I feel like poopy today...missed my morning workout. I did pack my gym bag for after work but I have so much food prep to do for this weekend..I suck at life right now, BOOO Katie!

Happy birthday Robin!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    awww Katie..you don't suck. You will make it fit in...you always do. If you don't get the workout in today...you always manage to make up for it the next with some killer burn.

I had one glass of red last night. It's rainy and dreary here in So Cal...so no swimming for me, but I will get in a good workout today before starting the 3 days of relaxation. No big plans, which actually sounds like heaven to me.

Enjoy your long weekend everyone! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I ended up with a zero last night. :noway: No veal parm afterall. I am already enjoying some wine tonight and Doug bought me a 1.75 Goose for my birthday. :tongue: (the dude really knows me.)

Kat just enjoy the whole process. Dont stress it. It is just a day. a good day, but only one day. the process is the fun and the marriage and the :love: "ever after":love: is the prize.

Katie, I haven't managed a real workout in a while. :grumble: Just not feeling it. so you definately don't suck.

Syd, I can't cook with wine without drinking :blushing: (veal piccata tonight so the white wine is being drunk as we speak)

Amy (dot) Schoools Out for Summer!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: git your drink on girl!

HerbieSue, my profile pic makes me smile too. She is such a cutie.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes all, the one thing Geminis know how to do is have a gooooood time. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

i hope you all have a wonderfully lushy long weekend.