July Challenge - The Binge vs Me

Replies

• kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    As of July 26

Me: 24
    Binge: 2

I had no appetite the past 2 days due to some intestinal bug I caught. Zero appetite = zero desire to binge. Too bad the 4 pounds that disappeared over the past 2 days will not stay gone. I think it would be lovely compensation for having felt so lousy. :ohwell:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    July 2012

Me: 19
    Ed: 6

Diane :heart:

Yesterday was very difficult. I really concentrated on the one day at a time mentality. It felt good to rationalize myself out of it.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    This is a good idea. Are you going to do this challenge in August? If yes I'm in. I figured it's the end of July, so I would keep track for the month of August. Will there be an August challenge? Do you record it daily or monthly? I'd like to join in on the challenge in Aug.

Oh, I hope this challenge will be done every month! It has been so helpful. I'm recording it weekly since I do great during the week and seem to mostly binge on the weekends, but you're welcome to do it whenever you want.

There will be an August Challenge for sure. Majority check in daily. You are welcome to check in as often as you like or feel necessary. I think most of us do better during the week days vs. weekends. Welcome to the challenge!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Me: 21
    Binge: 3

Have not Binged since the 15th :) and I feel much more confident that I can end the month with more points for me and no more pts for the Binge! This challenge has been so helpful.........thanks

Great job Steph! Keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    July 2012 - Goal not to binge more than 9 days

Me - 21
    The Binge - 4 (7/1,7/4, 7/22, 7/24)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon
    [/quote]
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    As of July 25th (yesterday)

Me: 13
    Binge: 12
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    July 26, 2012

me: 25
    binge: 1 (7/3)

~beatrixia
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    July 26

Me:13
    Binge:13
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Happy Friday,

Well I am not having a good week here. Hopefully no more binges this month. Well it the last weekend of the month. Are you ready? I am ready. I plan on working out at gym tomorrow and have some cleaning to do at home to keep me busy. Sunday's are normally pretty easy for me. Tonight going out to dinner with a friend. So should be OK tonight also. Try to check in and have woenderful weekend!

Me - 21
    The Binge - 5 (7/1,7/4, 7/22, 7/23, 7/26)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Weellll, last night after I had eaten dinner and made my calorie count for the day, my bf was hungry and made a snack (or what we women would call a meal). He gave me a few bites, and I felt myself getting that urge. I did, however, go over my calorie count, which usually causes me to think that since I've gone over, I might as well eat everything in sight. BUT INSTEAD, I went to bed. I'm giving yesterday the pt to me because I mustered all the will power I have and did not eat anymore!!!

ME-23
    BINGE-3

Well, here comes the weekend :) and also :( because I have a harder time dealing with the Binge. BUT WE CAN DO IT!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    July 2012

Me: 20
    Ed: 6

Diane :heart:
  • mielchat
    mielchat Posts: 41 Member
    July 27th
    Me: 26
    Binge: 1

So happy. This is the best I've done in a long time.
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    July 27th
    Me: 26
    Binge: 1

So happy. This is the best I've done in a long time.

Great Job!
  • anorangie
    July 27, 2012

me: 25
    binge: 2 (7/3, 7/27)

Um...I impulsively ate a chocolate cupcake after (overeating at) dinner. I count this as a binge because I wasn't even hungry, not even a teensy-weensy bit. I was, however, very stressed and anxious--and I made the decision to eat the cupcake quickly, on impulse. Then, a little later, I stopped by a chocolate shop and "overindulged." I know this is a binge, too, because I felt guilty & slightly out of control around food (compared to actually enjoying a sweet in moderation when I am calm around sweets).

:cry:

I've been facing a few stressors this week, including today. I'm still trying to learn to slow down in the anxious moment and implement healthy stress reduction strategies instead of turning to food. (Hoping this idea will move from my brain to my heart soon!)

It's a process.

I recorded everything.

I'm looking forward to getting some better choices under my belt this weekend.

:smile:

~beatrixia
  • I just joined this group. But The Binge won today. I am going through a really rough time and I don't know why I let it happen. Up to 3000 calories for the day. I am so mad at myself.
  • anorangie
    I just joined this group. But The Binge won today. I am going through a really rough time and I don't know why I let it happen. Up to 3000 calories for the day. I am so mad at myself.

Welcome :)

I think we've all been there.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to go back to my normal eating plan (i.e., eat all my calories without hyper-restriction). How about you?

Best to you...
  • anorangie
    July 28, 2012

me: 26
    binge: 2 (7/3, 7/27)

~beatrixia
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Well the weekend was rough for me. I could not decide if I was going to count Friday night as a binge or not and I am going to have to count it as a binge night for sure. Not a bad binge night but definitely binge behaviors. I am proud of many things I was able to control that night. Like I was bursting open full and could have and would in the past ordered dessert which I really wanted for several reasons but there was no way I could eat another bite so I passed. But I still ate the leftovers (doggie bag) when I got home and I had just ate. That is why many times I give my doggie bag away in summer months. In fall and winter I leave it in the car to make sure I do not eat the same night. I was right back on track yesterday and no binges.

How is in going? I only see a few of you have checked in so far :) Happy Sunday!

Me - 22
    The Binge - 6 (7/1,7/4, 7/22, 7/23, 7/26, 7/27)

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    I've been facing a few stressors this week, including today. I'm still trying to learn to slow down in the anxious moment and implement healthy stress reduction strategies instead of turning to food. (Hoping this idea will move from my brain to my heart soon!)

It's a process.

I recorded everything.

I'm looking forward to getting some better choices under my belt this weekend.

:smile:

~beatrixia
    Thanks for sharing Beatrixia!! Yes to get these things in our heart is key since our hearts are the seat of motivation. Keep up the good work! You are doing great and good job on logging it all too.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    I see a few new faces! Welcome!!
This discussion has been closed.