Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    July 22, 2012

me: 21
    binge: 1

~beatrixia

Good job on challenge!! You are doing so good! Keep up the good work!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Yesterday had a mini binge and since I engaged in too many binge behaviors I am counting it as a binge. I have had much worst but it was still a techincal binge yesterday because I had way too much food consectivaly in a 2 hour time frame. Enough calories for a whole day and some so it was a binge. The good thing is I did not continue the binge into the night. I was done once that blip binge was over. Ate some fruit later and had one piece of meat before hitting the sack.

I did have a wonderful weekend though so I am good. I re-connected with a old friend and that was so cool!!

Have a good week everyone!!

Being able to stop like that is Incredible! I applaud you Mollie! On Saturday I had that problem and instead of going out with a girlfriend like I had planned I went to bed at like 5pm. I hate that BED gets in the way of my life so much. This is a pattern that happens far too often. Luckily my girlfriend understands as she also struggles with BED. We got together on Sunday and talked about it. We discussed how people w/o EDs can eat a bunch of junk food or just food in abundance and not let it ruin the rest of their day - that is HARD to do - so again, WTG Mollie!
  • stephs0214
    stephs0214 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to this group but have been dealing with binge eating since I had anorexia about 4-5 years ago. I wouldn't eat for days and then allow myself a day a week to just eat whatever I wanted. Well, I think I've gotten over the not eating part, but I'm still struggling with the urge to binge. I've pin-pointed that it usually occurs on weekends where I may go over my calorie count for that day and then just keep eating. I need to figure out how to make myself stop eating when I go over my count because I've worked too hard to get where I am today. So for my July challenge, this is my score vs. Binge:

Me: 14
    Binge: 3

I've already counted today as a score for me :)

As of July 23rd:

Me: 19

My goal for next month is to go the whole month of Aug w/o binging :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    Diane, your outlook and posts always seem to encourage me. I appreciate and hope to emulate your honesty and positivity. I hope you have a good day and a good week, too. :)

Thank you beatrixia- I really appreciate knowing people are reading my posts. Thank you for letting me know this. It helps me to continue to want to behave honestly and positively. It is so easy to go the other direction. I hope you, and everyone else in our group, have a good week too with healthy and active behavior. :flowerforyou:

Mollie, your endless encouragement is something I am so lucky to receive. :smooched:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    July 2012

Me: 16
    Ed: 6

Diane :heart:
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Failed spectacularly. I binged all 3 challenge days. I recorded them (except yesterday's since I don't remember what I had) but I'm really kicking myself. I should use the food notes section to record what's going through my head when I do binge. It might help. Congrats to those of you that did well!

As of July 22:

Me: 10
    Binge: 12
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Failed spectacularly. I binged all 3 challenge days. I recorded them (except yesterday's since I don't remember what I had) but I'm really kicking myself. I should use the food notes section to record what's going through my head when I do binge. It might help. Congrats to those of you that did well!

As of July 22:

Me: 10
    No kicking yourself, just note it and reflect on why you binged and then try again today. Good job on owning it and moving forward!! One day at a time.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I should use the food notes section to record what's going through my head when I do binge. It might help. Congrats to those of you that did well!

That is a really good idea. I had always thought I knew when and why I binged so I thought it was pointless to write down why I binge and what my triggers were. However, a few weeks ago, I actually put pen to paper and wrote it down. It was a like a light bulb moment. Having the words on paper made it seem like I could figure things out and avoid things have cause a binge instead of it just being a bunch of feelings that I'd rather hide and keep to myself.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Every day is a new day and you only fail when you stop trying.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    July 23, 2012

me: 22
    binge: 1 (7/3)

~beatrix
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    July 2012

Me: 17

Yay, good day for me yesterday. I wanted to pig out right before bed too. Sort of bored, sort of anxious, not actual hunger. I'm so glad I was able to just go to sleep. It felt good to be strong and not give in. I went grocery shopping on Sunday and it was the 1st shopping trip in months where I actually bought a bunch of stuff. Normally I spend like $30 and this time I spent three times that. So now I've got a whole bunch of healthy (and tasty!) food in the house. I will binge on anything so having a lot of food in the house can be good or it can be bad. Good because I need to reach for these things instead of unhealthy choices and good because I can make lunches for work instead of going to cafeteria. But bad because having a lot of food around me can lead me to negative behavior. So far so good. I froze some stuff so I don't feel like I need to eat it before it spoils - that helps big time. Tons of stuff can be frozen too. *Cheers for another great day today*
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Good job Diane!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Yesterday I was anxious and nervous. I still am today but determined to get self under control. I am suppose to be meeting an old friend tomorrow and a little nervous about it. I have not seen him in over a year for several reasons but now very nervous about seeing him tomorrow. And yesterday was a fast food binge! :grumble: :angry: Anyhoos, putting it behind me. Today I am on track.

July 2012 - Goal not to binge more than 9 days

Me - 19
    The Binge - 4 (7/1,7/4, 7/22, 7/24)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    As of July 24, 2012

Me: 12

I do better during the week when my schedule is more structured.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    I do better during the week when my schedule is more structured.

Me too!!! I often look forward to Mondays for that reason alone. :flowerforyou:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    July 2012

Me: 18

• stephs0214
    Options
    Me: 21

Have not Binged since the 15th :) and I feel much more confident that I can end the month with more points for me and no more pts for the Binge! This challenge has been so helpful.........thanks
  • anorangie
    Options
    Me: 21

Have not Binged since the 15th :) and I feel much more confident that I can end the month with more points for me and no more pts for the Binge! This challenge has been so helpful.........thanks

That's great!
  • anorangie
    Options
    July 25, 2012

me: 24
    binge: 1 (7/3)

~beatrix
  • WisconsinGirl212
    Options
    This is a good idea. Are you going to do this challenge in August? If yes I'm in. I figured it's the end of July, so I would keep track for the month of August. Will there be an August challenge? Do you record it daily or monthly? I'd like to join in on the challenge in Aug.
  • stephs0214
    Options
    This is a good idea. Are you going to do this challenge in August? If yes I'm in. I figured it's the end of July, so I would keep track for the month of August. Will there be an August challenge? Do you record it daily or monthly? I'd like to join in on the challenge in Aug.

Oh, I hope this challenge will be done every month! It has been so helpful. I'm recording it weekly since I do great during the week and seem to mostly binge on the weekends, but you're welcome to do it whenever you want.
This discussion has been closed.