OFFICIAL JINGLE THOSE POUNDS OFF CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE 2012!!

Options

Replies

• Shawnette97
    Shawnette97 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

I just join about a week ago, so I have missed the August 23 date, but I would love to take this challenge if it's not to late to enter.

SW: 274
    GW: 234
    Goal #1 Sept. 25: 264lbs
    Goal #2 Oct. 25: 254lbs
    Goal #3 Nov: 25: 244lbs
    Goal #4 Dec. 25: 234lbs

Welcome to the group!!!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I will be weighing in on the last day of every month and then on the 25th of December and then again on the 31st of December. I need every last day of the month to reach my goal. :laugh: . Good luck everyone on your weigh ins. :smile:
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone today is weigh in day for me my SW (july 23rd) was 202.3 lbs my weight today is 193.8 lbs my august goal was 193.0.lbs so ill take that .... The month started off great lost 4lbs within the first week after that I had many fluctuations up n down i opened my diary nd got sum good feedback trying to eat cleaner i was off to a great start within the exercise I was doing jm ripped in 30 2 a days in walking the track for a hour daily 5x a week i even felt better unfortunately the last wk in the half I havent done an exercise shame.... Kinda lost the motivation but i promised myself that today I will even if its a 30min my september23rd goal is 180lbs i gotta make that happen ....besides that im happy becuz I know my goal is definetly attainable all thanks 2am god nd my mfp fam happy wl ladies!!!# teamletsgetit:smile:
  • Curvimami
    Options
    Hello everyone today is weigh in day for me my SW (july 23rd) was 202.3 lbs my weight today is 193.8 lbs my august goal was 193.0.lbs so ill take that .... The month started off great lost 4lbs within the first week after that I had many fluctuations up n down i opened my diary nd got sum good feedback trying to eat cleaner i was off to a great start within the exercise I was doing jm ripped in 30 2 a days in walking the track for a hour daily 5x a week i even felt better unfortunately the last wk in the half I havent done an exercise shame.... Kinda lost the motivation but i promised myself that today I will even if its a 30min my september23rd goal is 180lbs i gotta make that happen ....besides that im happy becuz I know my goal is definetly attainable all thanks 2am god nd my mfp fam happy wl ladies!!!# teamletsgetit:smile:

Wow! 9lbs in a month, thats great!! What have you been doing to get such great results??
  • londaknight
    londaknight Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Sherlonda and I'm from Chicago. 26 year old married mother of 4 and with my anniversary being December 16th, I really want to shed these pounds and give my husband something to think about on our anniversary LOL. I need all the motivation I can get to achieve my goal.

26 years old 5'11
    SW: 265
    GW: 215
    Hope to lose 10lbs a month for a total of 50 by December 25

GOAL #1: August GW 255
    GOAL #2: September GW 245
    GOAL #3: October GW 235
    GOAL #4: November GW 225
    GOAL #5: December GW 215

So, it's the 23rd. The day of reckoning. Eating good all month, working out five days of week doing both cardio and hitting the weights. I'm ready to face the scale. I get up energized, grab the scale out of the closet (put it there to avoid temptation), and literally run to the bathroom to see my progress. Feeling good, I hop on the scale and the numbers read 261.8. WHAT!!! A whole month and I only lost 3.2 pounds! Am I being punked! Disappointing news, AT FIRST. Then I think about how good I feel, how good my clothes feel, and those awesome inches lost from last weeks measurements and I shrug it off. Weight gone is weight gone, no matter what the numbers say, my body is the ultimate weight loss tool, because it tells me that what I am doing is WORKING! 3 pounds lighter, though it wasn't my monthly goal, is still 3 pounds in the right direction. Bring on the next month! (Plus I'm gaining awesome muscle mass so I'll take whatever I can get!!)
  • Beautifullymade1985
    Options
    Hi my name is Sherlonda and I'm from Chicago. 26 year old married mother of 4 and with my anniversary being December 16th, I really want to shed these pounds and give my husband something to think about on our anniversary LOL. I need all the motivation I can get to achieve my goal.

26 years old 5'11

So, it's the 23rd. The day of reckoning. Eating good all month, working out five days of week doing both cardio and hitting the weights. I'm ready to face the scale. I get up energized, grab the scale out of the closet (put it there to avoid temptation), and literally run to the bathroom to see my progress. Feeling good, I hop on the scale and the numbers read 261.8. WHAT!!! A whole month and I only lost 3.2 pounds! Am I being punked! Disappointing news, AT FIRST. Then I think about how good I feel, how good my clothes feel, and those awesome inches lost from last weeks measurements and I shrug it off. Weight gone is weight gone, no matter what the numbers say, my body is the ultimate weight loss tool, because it tells me that what I am doing is WORKING! 3 pounds lighter, though it wasn't my monthly goal, is still 3 pounds in the right direction. Bring on the next month! (Plus I'm gaining awesome muscle mass so I'll take whatever I can get!!)

This sounds like week every week, thats why I am only weighing myself one a month. Keep up the hard work.
  • Curvimami
    Options

26 years old 5'11

Inches are the greatest way to tell you're doing the right thing. Sounds like you're doing awesome :wink:
  • Beautifullymade1985
    Options
    Hey Divas!!!

I'm Nikki from Jersey and I am 27 years old. 5'7. My SW before mfp was 320. I lossed a total of 40 lbs so far by my Birthday (Jan 16th) I want to loss 100 lbs so by the end of this challenge I need to loss at least 60 lbs, I am not sure how often I will weigh in, currently I do it weekly, but I am thinking about changing it to monthly.

SW: 281
    GW: 230

Goal #1 Aug 23: 270 lbs 11 lbs loss
    Goal #2 Sept 23: 260 lbs 10 lbs loss
    Goal #3 Oct 23: 250 lbs 10 lbs loss
    Goal #4 Nov 23: 240lbs 10 lbs loss
    Goal #5 Dec 23: 230lbs 10 lbs loss

Had to change my goals to make it more reachable.

Good Morning Ladies,

Congrats on your progress this month whether it was weight loss, inches loss, staying the same, changing some eating habits or starting an exercise regimen every this counts. As the month progressed I realized my goals where unreachable and needed to be changed to be more attainable. I started this challenge at 281.8 my August Goal was 270 and today I am 273.4 that’s a total of 8.4 pounds, not the 11 lbs. loss I wanted but I’ll take that. I am 3.4 pounds away from losing 50 lbs. I am so proud of myself. God is so awesome; I couldn’t do this without him. Just want to thank all my MFP friends and FB friends because you guy are amazing. My Sept Goal is to get down to 260, if reached that will be a 13.4 pound loss. I owe my success this past week to the Dr. Ian Smith Fat Smash Diet detox. Monday I weighed in at 278 and today I am down 4.6 pounds in 4 days all’s. I may continue the diet or start over next month; I will make my final decision by Saturday. I have been slacking off on exercising because I have been taking someone to the gym with me who is not ready yet, 20 mins into the workout and she is ready to go home. If I am not working out with my cousin Mercy I prefer to work out by myself. 264 pounds is my next major goal on my 10% of body weight I set when I first started my jorney. I may weigh-in every week, I am still unsure; I am beginning to hate the scale LoL. Everyone keep up the hard work and I can wait to read everyone success stories next weigh in day. Be Blessed and Healthy. TTYL
  • mercymarque
    Options
    By August I wanted to be 187... Well I failed that. I went on vacation and gain a pound. Went back on vacation and didn't lose. It's okay. It's a new day. My current weight is 190. I am going to push hard to reach my goal of 155 by December. I still think it's obtainable. I just want to do it the right way.
  • tezz1wifey
    tezz1wifey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

My name is Tiffany and I am 28 years old. My weight as of today is:

200 lbs

I just started Fitness Pal last week and i am having a hard time my 1200 calorie per day diet. It has been really difficult. I'm so used to the Southern Cooking and its starting to weigh me down. I currently have high blood pressure issues, migraines, arthritis, and a slew of other issues. Stress has definitely been a primary factor in my weight gain since my second child. I would love to join this challenege.

SW: 200
    GW: 160

Im starting today so I only have 4 months to reach my goals. So that means 10lbs per month. I really need the motivation.
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I didn't make my goal weight but I'm not too discouraged. I got off to a really slow start. I had a three week period where I did not lose. But I made a couple of changes and I think I'm back on track. Today I'm 218.6...I'll take it...out of the 220s. My next goal is 211 on September 23 and I'm going to work very hard to get those 7 lbs. My Christmas gift to myself will be to get to ONEDERLAND. I love this challenge and appreciate all the support.

SW: 221 lbs.
    GW: 195 lbs.
    Goal #1 Aug 23: 216 lbs. - CW 218.6 - down 2.4
    Goal #2 Sept 23: 211 lbs.
    Goal #3 Oct 23: 206 lbs.
    Goal #4 Nov 23: 201 lbs.
    Goal #5 Dec 23: 195 lbs.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Great Challenge...

SW:185.8
    GW:160
    Goal # 1 August 185(not much I can do in 2 days..lol)....183.8:smile:
    Goal # 2 September 175
    Goal # 3 October 170
    Goal # 4 November 165
    Goal # 5 December 160
  • TracyDiva28
    Options
    Good morning ladies :) I didn't quite hit my 8-23 goal of 255, I weighed in today at 256. I will probably hit it tomorrow; which is my official weigh-in day. My goal for 9-23 is 246, and im hoping to hit that mark. Happy losing everyone!
  • myasmom
    myasmom Posts: 26
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Good job! The numbers on the scale really don't mean anything, it's about how you feel and having clothes fit better is much more rewarding than a dumb number! Keep up the awesome work!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies ....

I wanted to join this thread if its not to late. I got on the scale this morning and it said 170! My goal is to get out of the 170s and into the 160s.

My Christmas or sooner goal is 150ish!

Good luck ladies, keep up the great work.

I need some motivation!
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Greetings ladies!

Time for my weekly weigh-in. It's 8/23/12 and as of this morning I weigh 235 pounds! WooHoo. :happy: Made my goal for August (236).

I've continued with the additional daily workout after stalling at 238 last week. I have been doing dvds Leslie Sansone Walk (with weights) and The Biggest Loser Cardio Max Weight-Loss (which also has some light weight/strength training) in additon to walking my dog and/or walking on the incline trainer. I have been keeping my calories close to 1200/day.

Keep pushing ladies! :flowerforyou: Be encouraged! You will achieve your goals.
    Bah Humbug!!
    Greetings ladies!
    It's 8/16/12, my weigh in day. I am still at 238 pounds :grumble:
    After only losing one pound at the last weigh in I decided to step up my routine a little. I've been adding an additional workout for the past several days. And this week = no weight loss.
    But again, trying to look at the bright side, at least it's not a weight gain. I guess it's still possible to reach 236 by next week. I'll be back on 8/23/12--my goal is still 236 by then.
    Take care ladies.
    Good luck on your journeys :flowerforyou:
    Greetings ladies!
    Hope everyone is still on track. Today was my weigh in day (8/9/12) and I came in at 238 pounds. :indifferent: Slower progress than previously but still on track to meet my first goal of 236 by 8/23/12. I think my problem may be eating too few calories. I'll try and see what adjustments I need to make. At least it's not a weight gain. My next weigh in is 8/16/12.
    Keep pushing! :flowerforyou:
    Greetings--it's 8/2/12 and I just wanted to check in. I am on track so far and currently at 239 lbs. Thursday is my weigh-in day so I should be back on 8/9/12. So far, so good! Good luck everyone. :smile:
    I'm in! I started my journey about a month ago with 110 pounds to lose. I am 5'4".
    For this challenge:
    SW 246
    8/23--236//actual 235
    9/23--227
    10/23--218
    11/23--209

GW--200
  • tryn2getright
    tryn2getright Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm late but I would like to join in. My sw is 277 and my gm is 237which is a goal of 40 pds lost.

8/23 272
    9/23 263
    10/23 254
    11/23 245
    12/23 237

Good luck everyone
  • Calyse90
    Calyse90 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I stuck to my 1200 when I exercised I didnt eat my exercise cal back (for the 1st month I exercised the first 3wks) trying to get back into it drunk 10 cups of water sometimes more sometimes less I did have my cheat days id say 4 total (did ripped in 30 for a hour and walk the track for a hour did that for the first 3 wks didn't think I wasn't going to reach my goal had so many fluctuations but the scale been consistent for the last week n a half opened up my dairy got feedback so I tried eating cleaner meat eggs fruit
  • springbreakmission
    springbreakmission Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5.5
    SW for challenge: 159
    Christmas GW: 135-140

Goal #1 Aug 23: 154 ---> Weigh in #1 Aug 23: 154.2
    Goal #2 Sep 23: 150
    Goal #3 Oct 23: 146
    Goal #4 Nov 23: 142
    Goal #5 Dec 23: 137

Wow i'm almost exactly at my august weight. I didn't realize how great monthly goal setting for weight loss could be but this gives me hope that i'll be right where i want to be for the coming months.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I stuck to my 1200 when I exercised I didnt eat my exercise cal back (for the 1st month I exercised the first 3wks) trying to get back into it drunk 10 cups of water sometimes more sometimes less I did have my cheat days id say 4 total (did ripped in 30 for a hour and walk the track for a hour did that for the first 3 wks didn't think I wasn't going to reach my goal had so many fluctuations but the scale been consistent for the last week n a half opened up my dairy got feedback so I tried eating cleaner meat eggs fruit

Oh wow!! So dedicated and such great results to show for it :happy: