Like Minded Lushes September 2012

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey Robin, my husband is up your way in meetings at Boeing all week. Shall I send him your way for cocktails?

Which plant? I work in the Everett facility.
    That's where he is!!

Sweet!!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Another productive day. Unpacked all the life size new Halloween additions (except for the life size zombie) and set them all up, broke down all the boxes they came in, threw out all the packaging plastic and such that came with them and vacuumed the carpet of all the little bits of cardboard and styrofoam that was left behind. These are just the new additions but the house already looks awesome! Just got done with taking a shower after doing Chest and Back + an hour on the stationary bike. Now just waiting for football to start! Now sure if I want beer or a mixed drink, hmmmm.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I should try to meet him. PM his name and the details and I may track him down. There is a group going out for drinks tomorrow for a friends career change in Boeing (we do that a lot around here).
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0.75 Beer
    Wednesday, 0

Baby Boy got knocked down for a while at the football game. I waited at the sidelines and he just wasn't getting up. I heard someone say he was grabbed by the neck and I just welled up with tears picturing the worst, my son the paraplegic . I am not a good football Mom. Instinct is to run on the field and scoop them up. Instinct can ruin their reputation.

Good news, I'm still not drinking. Sunday was that bad!!

Kat, post pics of the decor. I bet it's cool. Enjoy your football, I am done with it tonight.

Way to recruit, Mama Lush!!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness Kim, how is your son???

Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-?? I have wine prelogged again but not sure if I'll drink it :huh:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Oh wow that is scary about your son Kim....is everything ok?

staying strong with the zeros...

Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • rjadams
    Options
    sorry about your son Kim. I am proud of you for allowing him to stay "cool" and not have "that" mom.

Way too much vodka last night. things are a little fuzzy but I feel very happy this morning for no apparent reason. Some times mood swings are a good thing.:laugh:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 3/4th of a beer
    Wednesday, 0

Sorry, forgot to post that it was his leg that was hurt and not his neck.

He always has played defense and was groomed for that last year when they went to Houston for Nationals. Yesterday, they put him on offense and are trying to utilize him in both postitions.

They did a handoff to him and he was barrelling thru their defense. There were like 8 of them on him and he just kept plowing. So, I guess one on the kids on the other team tackled wrong by the neck. But, it was his leg that was hurt not his neck. So, now I realize that I prefer him in defense clobbering the other kids and not the one with the ball that they are ready to kill.

So, I had a discussion about maybe sometimes, you should hold the ball and lay down. You should stick with a sport like bowling. You should give a thumb up so that I know your "OK"

Impressed by everyone's zeros!! Impressed I didn't drink last night. Not sure my body is used to the no alcohol yet either.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    sorry about your son Kim. I am proud of you for allowing him to stay "cool" and not have "that" mom.

Thank you, it's the hardest decision to make. It's the decision you make for him and not yourself. UGH!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    https://apps.facebook.com/gerberps/detail.do?entry_id=62785

If you have a facebook account I would appreciate votes for Olivia. If the link works. Thanks.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Got a little carried away last night :noway: Today is another day though :smile: I'll feel better after a nice long bike ride. It's the fiancés late night so we'll see about drinks.

Scary stuff nisi :ohwell:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=0

My eating in a 10-hour window does curb drinking. If I have to be done drinking by 8pm, why bother? Tomorrow I will wait to eat until noon so I can drink til 10pm for First Fridays Art Walk.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

Thank you, it's the hardest decision to make. It's the decision you make for him and not yourself. UGH!!!
    Screw that..I would have ran on the field!!. :laugh: Glad he's ok, kim! I was so very grateful my son chose basketball over football. I would have been one of "those" moms, for sure.

Congrats to you and everyone else on all the zeros!!
    Mon-0
    Tues-2 Vodkas
    Wed- 3 glasses of wine

I've managed to drop a couple of those 5 pounds I gained over vacay. But leaving town tomorrow and will be bad again, so I should just probablytry to be in semi-damage control for the next 2 weeks until Preston leaves for college.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Kim, I am so glad your son is okay! That's a sickening feeling. I am secretly so relieved my son has moved from playing football to doing soccer and baseball.

As for me, I haven't had a zero in months. I would like to at least cut back, but yet, I don't. I love me my beers way too much:embarassed:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    this is why we are pals, liz :drinker:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    KIm - I am also glad your son is okay. My son played football during elementary and middle school and was always so slow to get up. Gave me a heart attack every time. When he was done playing he told me he used to lay there to get a little rest, that little ****!

Well, I def. drank too much last night, no reason except that I could :embarassed: . If you puke up your alcohol, does it still count?

It will be 0's for me the next few nights. Feeling :sick: :sick: still.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I know I say it too often but holy heck there is no better cure for a hangover than a good cardio session where you sweat everything out. I feel so much better and am having some wine and relaxing now :smile:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Unless you're like Wolfie and puke it up. heh. love ya, girl. :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Oh, Liz, I was like that on Monday...I didn't vomit and maybe it would have been better if I had...It always seems like such a good idea at the time :ohwell: I think your right about the boys when they play football and catching their breath since they work so hard out there. I still think bowling is the way to go.

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 3/4th of a beer
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 2 beers

I work tomorrow and the rest of the weekend so we will see. Hubs is gone on a golf trip for the rest of the weekend. I always slept better with a couple of cocktails when he is away.

I went to Body Bump today and realized just how doughy I've gotten...time to firm up!!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    I went to Body Bump today and realized just how doughy I've gotten...time to firm up!!

Is that similar to Body Pump?