Like Minded Lushes September 2012

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Definitely crack down time, ah!

6 large beers with the best friend last night, came home and went to bed. Have lots to do today in the form of house work and I'll have to fit in my work outs at some point. Not sure about drinks tonight, a friend had mentioned that since Fall seems to be in the air it is spiced rum and cider time. We just happen to have cider, no rum though but we do have vodka so maybe that is in the books for tonight, we'll see!

It's cool here again today, beautiful and last night we had the windows open again, nice and cool especially with my fans. I read somewhere the colder the room you sleep in the higher chance you have of having bad dreams and what do you know the last couple nights it's been super cool in our room I've had bad dreams :noway:
  • jacie81
    jacie81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well so much for starting fresh. Monday was a bottle of white. I did log it and was under calories for the day though. Yesterday - not so much. Did get a work out in, but did not log my food or beer. I am pretty sure I was over in calories following lunch!

Planning on zero tonight. Hanging with my pregnant bff.

I am from Vancouver, WA - so I want to keep fall at bay for as long as I can. Keep this warm summer weather coming!

Sunday - 0
    Monday - bottle of white
    Tuesday - 1 bloody mary, 7 beers through out the day (last day of vacation)
    Wendesday - 0
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Tuesday=0 drinks!

But probably some wine tonight and watching Tudors.

Kat, I have some rum, it is dark rum but not spiced rum I do not think. I like the idea of mixing it with cider-do you make it warm or cold?

I like rum with gingerale too.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Tuesday=0 drinks!

But probably some wine tonight and watching Tudors.

Kat, I have some rum, it is dark rum but not spiced rum I do not think. I like the idea of mixing it with cider-do you make it warm or cold?

I like rum with gingerale too.

I like cider cold but if I'm having it as an adult drink I like it as a hot toddy :smile: We don't keep rum around though because the fiancé can't even think of it ever since he and a friend drank almost a whole handle of it when they were younger. He was so drunk he apparently couldn't find his way out of his tent, so he stays away from any sort of rum.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Love cider and rum and ginger and rum...pear vodka is also quite lovely with cider!!!
    Amy-just finished season 4 of the Tudors and wine is perfect while watching it....especially since they are all drinking all the time
    :wink:

Kat-everyone seems to have some kind of alcohol adversion...my mom is rum and most of my friends are tequila. I am one of the luck few that has an iron stomach :laugh:
  • amysj303
    Options
    yep, Whiskey is mine. Canadian Club Whiskey. I was drinking it like a shot out of a champagne flute, the night did not go well...
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Mine is gin. sometimes even juniper bushes can bring back the awful memories of gin and tonics when I was 18. The aversion has subsided over the years but it is still there.

No go on the zero. Work was way to stressful. So much for the unwinding I did during the weekend. :ohwell:

finished an open bottle of wine we brought back and then chased it with goose. I don't think tonight will be much better.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Long Island Teas are mine...nuff' said, long story

I CAN'T even go one day it seems, 3 beers tonight.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My aversion is Tequila - hate it!!! Hubby tries to make me do a shot every Cinco de Mayo and being the wuss that caves to any kind of peer pressure I usually do it - but ugh!! :sick:

I set a goal on Sunday to have zero's all week and.....Yay! so far, so good - 0's Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday!! WooHoo!!! :bigsmile:

Sydney - glad you're feeling better - not a big fan of humidity either but living in Michigan all my life we have to deal with it - plus this year has been over 90 a ton!! :noway:

Nisi - funny - I LOVE Long Island ice teas but I TRY to stay far, far away from them cause I just get stupid....:blushing:

Robin - you had an open bottle of wine??? What?? Lol :tongue: Of course you had to finish it - it might go bad!
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    After work last night I scrubbed the bathroom....the shower with a toothbrush LITERALLY..I really really need to clean that *kitten* more often!!!
    Afterwards, I sat on the couch watching my new favorite show, Long Island Medium. Not sure how I feel about the premise but its super entertaining but does make me cry like a baby...tears are good for the soul :happy: Oh and had a nice big glass of wine, 10oz!
    Tonight I think I'll tackle the first floor, which isn't usually that bad, mostly hardwoods and little carpet. Vacuuming the couch is a b*tch though...friggin cats and their massive amount of fur!!!! Then settle down with a nice big glass of wine :bigsmile:
    Its almost friday and I can't wait!!!!!
    Enjoy your day everyone!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Well I heard back from the winery and I didn't get the job....but I'm ok with it. Wasn't meant to be I guess.

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Tonight I have an hour massage after work. Still trying to stick to the zeros until Saturday!
  • jacie81
    jacie81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My aversion is Jaeger....sick.

achieved a zero last night. Aiming for another one tonight. Should be able to do this as I have a to-do list at home a mile long. Grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. I like to have my chores done before the weekend arrives!

Sunday - 0
    Monday - bottle of white
    Tuesday - 1 bloody mary, 7 beers through out the day (last day of vacation)
    Wendesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Wine and beer last night and definitely drinks tonight as the fiancé is away on business =|

Need to tackle the laundry, clean our bathroom and mop the cats bathroom. Luckily I vacuumed yesterday, took care of the huge pile of cardboard and other recyclables and cleaned up the super messy kitchen that was left from the fiancé cooking.

I'll get my long bike ride in at some point.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My good mood was short lived. 90/100+ temps thru the weekend...the air is back on :/

Mon-2. Vodkas
    Tues-3 glasses of wine
    Wed-0 because I didn't have the calories

Should get in a good workout today so I may have some wine. Or not.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Kat, when I scanned your post all I read was "mop the cats" I couldn't quite figure it out. I guess I should read slower.

Not so good last night. Did I mention that we bougt two 1.75 Gooses (Geese doesn't seem quite right) while we were in Oregon? about 15 bucks cheaper per bottle because of our insane liquor tax in Washington. An what is a girl to do when there is a big ol bottle of Goose staring at you? :drinker:

Have a good one Lushes!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    :laugh: Kat, when I scanned your post all I read was "mop the cats" I couldn't quite figure it out. I guess I should read slower.

Not so good last night. Did I mention that we bougt two 1.75 Gooses (Geese doesn't seem quite right) while we were in Oregon? about 15 bucks cheaper per bottle because of our insane liquor tax in Washington. An what is a girl to do when there is a big ol bottle of Goose staring at you? :drinker:

Have a good one Lushes!

Hahaha, I generally tend to the let the cats mop themselves :tongue:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Monday=1 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks
    Wednesday=1/3 of two bottles of wine. so if a bottle is 5 glasses, I had 3.3!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Monday 2 vodkas
    Tues 3 wines
    Wed-0
    Thurs-0

But I had ate a huge oatmeal cookie. :/
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Beers again last night at BWW.

I worked Wednesday night from 3 to 11:30, got home, had a couple of beers and went to bed about 2A. Work calls at 7A and says that I'm supposed to be there because I signed up for an extra shift. I ask if they're sure because I don't usually double-back like that. Nope, they assure me, I'm supposed to be there. So, Eff, I haul *kitten* to get there and at lunch, I go to staffing to find out that I never signed up for that shift. Damn right, I never signed up. I have never been late or missed a shift.

This morning, I just got get cancelled for the real shift that I signed up for!! I work in a crazy environment for sure.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kate, you are a good woman to clean like that. I have learned to live in filth.:sick:

Chole, sorry that you did not get the job :flowerforyou:

Jaci, nice job on the zero's. I thing you took mine and I want them back. It's not fair.

SoCal, can't you go to the beach for a nice breeze?