Like Minded Lushes September 2012

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    not too bad yesterday. I plan on being good today.

Yes Kim there is plenty of room for Doug. :laugh: as needed.
  • rjadams
    Options
    stress, not condusive to zeros. Baby girl has found out what a scumbag the BF was . I will not say I told you so but so many of us knew. it never gets easier when your babies hurt. no matter how strong and smart and powerful they are they are still your babies. so a house, 2 dogs and a lot of debt later his true colors shine thru and she is left broke and heart broken. only alcohol can ease the anguish I feel. even though I knew it was inevitable. :cry:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh Robin! I am so sorry about your daughter, I can only imagine that its tough for you too!! I wish her nothing but the best!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-shooting for another 0. I have a consumer research thingy tonight (25mins=25bucks) to taste chocolate...yeah that's horrible :laugh: I will be home late, then dinner and clean up so I probably won't have much time to enjoy a glass before bed. We shall see :happy:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes,

Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0

I'm pushing for a zero today. I slept restlessly last night and I have to wonder if it has to do with lack of booze in my system. Oh, well, push thru. I am not shaking or hallucinating so that's good.

I have a lot on my list to do today and luckily was mandatory-cancelled from work today.

I think I am going to get a pair of zumba shoes today.

Also, need to think about staying with the pole dancing and shoes for that. Never thought of stripper shoes in an athletic way before. I must have done hundreds upon hundreds of hip circles yesterday.

Today's goal is 80 minutes of exercise.
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    stress, not condusive to zeros. Baby girl has found out what a scumbag the BF was . I will not say I told you so but so many of us knew. it never gets easier when your babies hurt. no matter how strong and smart and powerful they are they are still your babies. so a house, 2 dogs and a lot of debt later his true colors shine thru and she is left broke and heart broken. only alcohol can ease the anguish I feel. even though I knew it was inevitable. :cry:

As the Momma of adult daughters I can feel your pain! Nothing harder than to hear your baby girl cry over a man that isn't worth 1 tear, let alone many! {{hugs}} to you!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Awww, robin. That sucks. My boy has yet to have his heart broken...but I'd have to be held back, I'm sure. Nothing like a mama bear and her cubs :wink:

I had 1 1/2 glasses of wine. I actually put the other half back.
    Got our flu shots and the last of the college/dorm room shopping done.
    Time to start packing. :cry:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    So sorry mama lush :ohwell:

2 and a half mixed drinks last night while filling out more wedding forms. 19 days until the wedding so I think I'm going to do a semi elimination diet of sorts for the next 19 days. So I'll cut back on booze, gluten, dairy and other foods that tend to make one feel puffy or bloated. I'm going to drink lots of water and this digestive tea I picked up so I'm nice and slim for my dress :smile:

The oh so soon to be husbands wedding band came today and it looks so nice :heart: a little bit different from the norm and I love the engraving. His wedding gift also came so I'll have to check that out though we can't have any until the wedding. I really can't wait to see my wedding band, supposed to come by Friday but with my luck it'll get pushed back.

Think I'll do 2 hours on the bike today, we had chinese yesterday which included 2 of the foods you should eliminate a couple weeks before your wedding so I'm feeling a wee bit poofy today, it'll be good to sweat it out!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Apparently Tiffany doesn't tell customers that some (if not all who knows) of their items don't ship when they say. Kyle called tonight in regards to my wedding band and they said it was expected to ship the end of October!!!!! He said yeah that's not going to work, it's for my fiancés wedding band and we need it for the 7th. She was going to see what she could do and we should hopefully get it by the 4th. Needless to say I'm debating a stiff drink right now :grumble: We never would have known unless they had put a hold on Kyle's credit card to make sure it was a fraudulent purchase :angry:
  • rjadams
    Options
    That totally sucks Kat. I hope you get it in time.

Well miraculously I only had one weak little fru fru drink at the restaurant with friends last night. I was too tired by the time I got home to even have a night cap. So I actually woke up feeling pretty good this morning. :bigsmile:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    boooo sorry Kat! Hope it all works out for you...stress this close is the worst! hope you had that drink :wink:

Monday-0
    Tuesday-10oz of wine. I wasn't planning on it BUT after I got home and cooked dinner it was still relatively early AND as part of my participation in the consumer survey thingy they gave us a box of godiva chocolates and well wine and chocolate go really well together. Ate WAY too much chocolate last night, my husband and I put done half the box...oopsies. I was still under calories but my macros were HORRIBLE!!!!
    Wednesday-I am planning on some wine after yoga tonight :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kat, sorry to hear about the ring and it is really upsetting. At least, Kyle will be there and that's the most important thing that matters.

I read an article that kind of explains why we eat sweets when we aren't drinking. It states that our bodies are used to the ^ sugar intake and it has difficulty adjusting when we cut it out. Maybe why I felt sluggish all day. Night #3 of no alcohol is making me sleep like crap!! I'll still be shooting for #4 today. Hopefully, I am over the hump by now.

Kate, have fun at yoga!! Yummy chocolates

Sunday, 0
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0, I have a 8 hour seminar tomorrow that I will be sitting for *snore*
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Tonight we got invited to a friends to smoke some ribs....so I am sure I will have some wine and/or beers. So much for my zeros until Saturday...oh well.

I will have zeros Thursday and Friday. Saturday we have no plans, so maybe just a quiet dinner in or go out for a bit. Sunday is football and the Bears play at noon, so I am thinking bloody marys will be in store.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Thanks all, you're right nisi, if Kyle wasn't there then we'd have a problem haha. I certainly had that drink Kate haha, it was a nice stiff one and as much as I wanted another, I didn't. Went to bed and slept great and woke up today with no more side effects of the chinese we had Monday AND it's a gorgeous day here. I'm keeping a positive mind about my ring today, they say they have great customer service so we'll see if they can get the job done. If not then we'll use some make shift ring for the ceremony.

I'm guessing there will be another stiff drink or two in the books for tonight but lots of water and healthy eats today.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Kim, well done on the 0s!! And it looks like the rest of us are moderating pretty well.

I had a margarita for lunch yesterday. It was a must since I had ceviche.
    Probably will have something tonight while the packing continues. :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    here I am to mess up all the moderating!
    Monday=4 beers
    Tuesday=6 beers

after last nights over-indulgence I went online shopping and I think I got some great deals:)
  • jacie81
    jacie81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Last night was a much needed zero. Hoping to keep that going until Friday.
    Monday = 6 beers
    Tuesday = 0
    Wednesday = 0
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    here I am to mess up all the moderating!
    Monday=4 beers
    Tuesday=6 beers

after last nights over-indulgence I went online shopping and I think I got some great deals:)

haha..well done!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Sunday - 1 margarita
    Monday - 0
    Tuesday - 0

Went to get my driver's license renewed today and thought it would be a pain with all the new identification procedures, but I was out of there in 30 minutes...pleasantly surprised, but damn I'm getting old :angry:

Nice job on all the moderation lushes, well except for you asjerven, but you had the most fun :happy:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I had a margarita for lunch yesterday. It was a must since I had ceviche.

Yummo!!

Kat, way to regroup on the thinking. It will be a good story someday.

Amy, :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: It will be fun to get the packages in the mail.

Jaci, you and I can do it!!

Diana, I had mine renewed last year :cry:

The furniture and mattress arrived and hopefully hubs will sleep good. They say it takes weeks to get used to a new mattress. We will see. Off to a ballgame, I'll check in with you lushes tomorrow.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Better late than never, I'm here! Life threw me a couple of curve balls over the summer and I made a conscious decision to step back from mfp, logging, the gym etc but I'm getting back to it all now. Somehow I haven't gained any weight overall but thanks to an increase in alcohol and not watching the foods I'm eating so much I've got a bit squidgey around the middle.

Hope everyone is OK, haven't had a chance to read back and catch up yet. It doesn't help that my damn laptop seems to be giving up and accessing the forums from my phone is a pain. :-(