Replies

• d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    Monday 4/18

TDEE: 4,457 cals
    Steps: 33,635
    Active Minutes: 234

Other crew lost reverse in their truck so had to scramble at end of day to get that smoking truck with dead battery running while their broken truck is in transmission shop get a rebuilt tranny. Dead battery took charge from trickle charger I put on Sunday and started with no issues. Don't know what caused smoking issue. Will have to see if it will start again this morning.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Tuesday 4/19

TDEE: 4,216 cals
    Steps: 25,925
    Active Minutes: 166

Smoking truck started again with no issues. They made it through the day using the backup truck with my trailer while my larger truck took the heavy equipment trailer loaded with my mowing equipment. Worked OK but behind by end of day. That extra minute to unstrap mower and pull out two ramps and then another minute to reload adds up after 30 yards (2 minutes per yard x 30 yards = one hour behind). Got back to the shop at 7:30 pm. 11 hour 30 minute day.

Broken tranny replaced in other crew's main truck so situation back to normal.

Been pushing hard to get ahead before forecast rains hit. So far... not a serious drop.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Wednesday 4/20

TDEE: 4,454 cals
    Steps: 23,925
    Active Minutes: 217

The morning was miserable. Somewhere between heavy mist and light rain (misty showers?). Just enough to keep us off the upper-end lawns (million dollar plus homes). (Baggers don't work very well with wet grass.) Ran the route backwards (hard to do backing up a trailer, right? [lol]). I mean last yard first, first yard last of course. ;-) Sun came out sometime after lunch and life is good again.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Thursday 4/21

TDEE: 3,639 cals
    Steps: 17,915
    Active Minutes: 72

Numbers say it was an easy day... back wants to punch numbers in the face.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Friday 4/22

TDEE: 4,679 cals (PB)
    Steps: 32,289
    Active Minutes: 303

Numbers and back are in agreement again.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Saturday 4/23

TDEE: 3,993 cals
    Steps: 22,576
    Active Minutes: 216

Just odd jobs. Shoveled some topsoil, laid some sod, planted some monkey grasses, forked some mulch, trimmed some shrubs. Mowed the shop with help from boss.

Off by 5 pm. [heaven]
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Sunday 4/24

TDEE: 3,174 cals
    Steps: 12.660
    Active Minutes: 118

Light chores around house and some maintenance at shop. Also last choir concert for daughter in High School (she doesn't have time in her schedule for her senior year).
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Monday 4/25

A good day full of personal bests.

TDEE: 4,967 cals (PB)
    Steps: 37,117 (PB)
    Active Minutes: 371 (PB)

MFP was really slow syncing with my FitBit yesterday, so while I thought I was only leaving 300 cals on the plate, this morning it says I left nearly 1,700 cals on the plate. [grr] Guess I need to start watching it closer.

That's too many calories to leave (and I really wanted that A&W Cream Soda! ... not to mention a Skinny Pirate).
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    skinny_pirate_by_thatcartoonistguy-d5xm9ik.jpg
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    LOL
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Tuesday 4/26

TDEE: 4,296 cals
    Steps: 29,390
    Active Minutes: 231
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Wednesday 4/27

TDEE: 4,488 cals
    Steps: 30,983
    Active Minutes: 283

Hour and half late start due to overnight rain, but went in at regular time (7 AM) to do maintenance. Returned to shop by 7:30 PM.

Long day of mowing and ended the day 4 hours behind with five yards still on the list. All most every yard was a double or triple cut to get rid of the long grass clippings from the first cut and, even then, some heavier growing yards still needed blown (with back-pack blowers) before passing muster.
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    I feel ya. My fingers are getting sore from tapping keys all day. What a work out... :D
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I try to get my family involved, whether working out in the living room doing Zumba, or walking a few miles. I try my best to go something outside of my walking at work! Getting others involved!
  • PlunderingSteelGorilla
    Options
    novio50 wrote: »
    I try to get my family involved, whether working out in the living room doing Zumba, or walking a few miles. I try my best to go something outside of my walking at work! Getting others involved!

Ditto. Family walks and bike rides as much as possible.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Thursday 4/28

TDEE: 4,029 cals
    Steps: 27,437
    Active Minutes: 177

Full day. 7 am to 8 pm but mowing caught up. Two big institutional mows and one residential today to end week, call it 8 hours.

Looking at rain coming in around lunch time today. Still have a list of maintenance items to work on if rained out. Hopefully we can mow around the scattered showers and get Saturday off. Been nearly two months of 12 hour days, 6 days a week.
  • d_thomas02
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Friday 4/29

TDEE: 3,495 cals
    Steps: 20,344
    Active Minutes: 103

Rain came earlier than expected yesterday. Turned back to shop before getting to first mow. Worked on maintenance list until noon. On mowers in afternoon until 5:30 pm. Numbers show it.

Will be working around scattered showers again today. Full day. Finish the mowing list and then odd jobs.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Saturday 4/30

TDEE: 4,099 cals
    Steps: 29,481
    Active Minutes: 250
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Sunday 5/1

TDEE: 3,347 cals
    Steps: 15,078
    Active Minutes: 165

Not so lazy rest day.

My 21 yr son came over around 9 AM and we worked on his backyard forge for a couple of hours before heading for my in-laws to celebrate my father-in-law's 81st b-day. Stopped at shop after lunch to load half a yard of augmented topsoil (50% topsoil, 50% compost), then home to mow and string trim my own lawn. Next stop was my mom's to fill in yard depressions from an old rotting stump in the front yard (took most of that half yard). Cleaned her gutters and trimmed a couple of small limbs off a dogwood for her before heading home. Re-arranged my liquor cabinet and found an unopened bottle of 12 yr old scotch and another unopened bottle of silver patron.

Score!
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Monday 5/2

TDEE: 4,584 cals
    Steps: 34,934
    Active Minutes: 246