May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm moving over here from the April group because I had my ultrasound today and the baby is measuring a week behind my LMP EDD. I'm 9w1d and due May 5. This is my 3rd pregnancy and will be our 4th child. We have a 2.5yo daughter (who will be 3 + 3 months when this one arrives) and 1yo b/g twins. They'll be 20 months when this one arrives. The best part about today's ultrasound was discovering that we're expecting only ONE baby! Whew! I'm not sure what we would have done if it had been twins again. Heart rate was 184 bpm, which is fabulous.

As far as symptoms go, I've had exhaustion (of course, chasing after 3 kids 2 and under adds to it!) and nausea. I've vomitted at least half a dozen times in the last 2 weeks. The only nice part of vomitting is that I feel a million times better after the fact! I haven't kept up with exercise AT ALL due to how sick I've felt but I'm hoping once it eases up a bit, I can resume.

I had 2 previous c-sections and would like to try for a vbac for this one. My dr's partners won't agree to it though, so he gave me 2 names of other OBs to interview. I LOVE my OB, so while I'd prefer to keep seeing him, I really don't want to be dealing with 6 post-partum weeks of surgery healing with 4 kids 3 and under.

We haven't announced to anybody yet. We'll probably wait until I start to show (which will probably be happening any day, thanks to my previous twin pregnancy). We're super-excited about this baby (we plan on stopping after this one) but other people don't usually get as excited when it's the 4th, so I'm sure it's fine that we're waiting.

Anyway, that's me! I'm glad to 'meet' all of you and look forward to traveling through pregnancy together!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm moving over here from the April group because I had my ultrasound today and the baby is measuring a week behind my LMP EDD. I'm 9w1d and due May 5. This is my 3rd pregnancy and will be our 4th child. We have a 2.5yo daughter (who will be 3 + 3 months when this one arrives) and 1yo b/g twins. They'll be 20 months when this one arrives. The best part about today's ultrasound was discovering that we're expecting only ONE baby! Whew! I'm not sure what we would have done if it had been twins again. Heart rate was 184 bpm, which is fabulous.

As far as symptoms go, I've had exhaustion (of course, chasing after 3 kids 2 and under adds to it!) and nausea. I've vomitted at least half a dozen times in the last 2 weeks. The only nice part of vomitting is that I feel a million times better after the fact! I haven't kept up with exercise AT ALL due to how sick I've felt but I'm hoping once it eases up a bit, I can resume.

I had 2 previous c-sections and would like to try for a vbac for this one. My dr's partners won't agree to it though, so he gave me 2 names of other OBs to interview. I LOVE my OB, so while I'd prefer to keep seeing him, I really don't want to be dealing with 6 post-partum weeks of surgery healing with 4 kids 3 and under.

We haven't announced to anybody yet. We'll probably wait until I start to show (which will probably be happening any day, thanks to my previous twin pregnancy). We're super-excited about this baby (we plan on stopping after this one) but other people don't usually get as excited when it's the 4th, so I'm sure it's fine that we're waiting.

Anyway, that's me! I'm glad to 'meet' all of you and look forward to traveling through pregnancy together!

Welcome, congratulations, and thanks for sharing your story! I am the youngest of four, but in those days four kids wasn't as many as it seems to be now. I have lots of friends with four, and the comments they get are (or got while the mom was pregnant with the fourth) ridiculous. For example, "You're stopping after this one, right?" Like it's any of their business. Anyway, I'm glad you are excited! Four is a good number :smile:

Don't worry about your exercise, though. If I were nauseous all the time and actively getting sick, I'd hold back, too. You can only do what your body will let you do. When you start feeling better, you can always start back up again, albeit slowly.
  • jules080670
    jules080670 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just popped in to say goodbye. Scan confirmed that I miscarried yesterday,

Thanks for being here in the first few days when I hadn't told friends and family.

I wish you all happy, healthy pregnancy's

Jules x
  • howdeelightful
    Options

Thanks for being here in the first few days when I hadn't told friends and family.

Jules x

Jules, I am so sorry to hear this! I know how difficult this is for you, and I will be praying for you and your family.
  • RBXChas
    Options

Jules x

I am so, so sorry :( I know you were getting excited, too. I will pray for you all.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Due May 13th
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Due May 13th

Welcome and congratulations :)
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options

Jules x

My heart goes out to you and your family as you recover from this sad event.
  • TheLaser
    Options
    Update:

I had my very first ultrasound today! The tech was all nonchalant, business-as-usual. She found the baby right away with its strongly beating heart but my husband and I were all like WHOA THERE'S OUR BABY! Measuring just right for the age (8w4d) with a healthy heartbeat of around 160. I had had very small amounts of bleeding earlier and she found a very small subchorionic patch, but I was assured it was likely not to affect the pregnancy outcome negatively.

I know it's a routine experience for ultrasound techs and they probably have to be somewhat reserved because sometimes they are the harbingers of bad news, but still... I hope I never become so jaded that witnessing the miracle of life for the first time for an expectant couple has no effect on me! I can't really wrap my mind around the fact that that little thing moving its little unformed limbs with a little beating heart is inside of me!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Update:

I had my very first ultrasound today! The tech was all nonchalant, business-as-usual. She found the baby right away with its strongly beating heart but my husband and I were all like WHOA THERE'S OUR BABY! Measuring just right for the age (8w4d) with a healthy heartbeat of around 160. I had had very small amounts of bleeding earlier and she found a very small subchorionic patch, but I was assured it was likely not to affect the pregnancy outcome negatively.

I know it's a routine experience for ultrasound techs and they probably have to be somewhat reserved because sometimes they are the harbingers of bad news, but still... I hope I never become so jaded that witnessing the miracle of life for the first time for an expectant couple has no effect on me! I can't really wrap my mind around the fact that that little thing moving its little unformed limbs with a little beating heart is inside of me!

That's great news! Definitely needed today.

The first time I was pregnant, I was so nonchalant about it. Basically, my reaction to the first ultrasound was, "That's neat." I was really in denial for a while that it was really happening, not for any bad reason, though. I just couldn't wrap my brain around it. Now that I have my son, I have fully embraced motherhood and how freaking much I love my little stinkerpants, so I'm actually excited this time around. I expect my first ultrasound to be a bit cooler than last time :smile:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Jules x

Jules, I am so sorry
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I feel weird asking, sort of breaking the silence after Jules's bad news, but I am interested in how everyone is doing. How is everyone feeling today?

I am the same as usual, tired, sore boobs, etc., but yesterday I started having slight nausea and food aversions, same as my last pregnancy. When I don't eat, I feel nauseous (not bad enough to get sick), but then nothing sounds appealing, though so far today is better than yesterday. The most delicious-sounding food right now is a bagel and cream cheese. I'm wondering if I should do the Thomas's 100-calorie bagel thins and fat free cream cheese to get some protein and stomach-friendly food without going gangbusters on calories (regular bagels and regular cream cheese have a lot of calories!). Starchy foods are definitely my friend right now, but I'm hoping this won't last long because it's a lot of calories for very little food, and they don't keep me full for very long. If anyone has any suggestions for foods that might make me feel better but aren't devoid of nutrition, I would appreciate them!

On a somewhat related note, I got some interesting news last night. My BIL called (my husband's brother), and he told me his wife found out Sunday that she is pregnant. He told me, and my response was, "Guess what? I found out the same two weeks ago this past Sunday!" So if he had her LMP date right, we are 9 days apart, mine being the earlier date. I had to laugh because they were not planning on TTC until January/February (because their daughter only turns 1 on the 22nd of October), but they had stopped using birth control. So, yeah... I laughed and told him (mind you, he is a doctor, and his wife is a pharmacist) that unless you are avoiding sex during ovulation (either by the rhythm method or NFP) that I consider no birth control as essentially TTC! The funny thing is, they've told EVERYONE, and so it will be weird for me because we know some of the same people (outside of family), and we won't be sharing the news publicly until after the first trimester. My MIL and FIL know and were ecstatic, and it feels weird to me that they know about them but not about us even though we've known longer. However we are sticking to our guns about waiting until after the first doctor's appointment next Tuesday, assuming all goes well.

Anyway, I had expected to be simultaneously pregnant for some of the time with my SIL, but it turns out we will pretty much be sharing the whole thing :smile: Not that I don't appreciate you all, but it will be nice to have someone IRL who is literally going through most of the same things I am at the same time. I told my husband that with due dates as close as ours, either one of us could have a baby first, or they could even be born on the same day. She ran 11 days past her due date with her daughter, and my son was born 9 days before his, so if history is any guide, I will go first, but you never know!
  • TheLaser
    Options
    That's so great! I wish I had a relative close by with whom I could share this experience (and commiserate about the nausea!). It will also be so nice for the cousins to be able to play together and grow up together1 My sister lives far away but she was even excited that I'm due around the time that her second child will turn 1.

The question of when and whom to tell looms large! I've told a few people on a need-to-know basis (e.g. my swim club lane-mates, so that they'd understand why I want to go last every set and am always so tired), but mum's the general word about me being a mum until at least after the first trimester!
  • rubybeach
    Options
    That's fun! I wish I had someone around to talk to and someone pregnant would be great!

And now you have me craving a bagel and cream cheese. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a bagel since I moved here....

I was very sick and finally went to the doctor last night and got anti nausea medication, I hope it continues to work. Other than that super lonely with my husband being gone and I'm in a foreign country.

Hope you're all doing ok.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    That's so great! I wish I had a relative close by with whom I could share this experience (and commiserate about the nausea!). It will also be so nice for the cousins to be able to play together and grow up together1 My sister lives far away but she was even excited that I'm due around the time that her second child will turn 1.

The question of when and whom to tell looms large! I've told a few people on a need-to-know basis (e.g. my swim club lane-mates, so that they'd understand why I want to go last every set and am always so tired), but mum's the general word about me being a mum until at least after the first trimester!

Actually they live about two hours away from us, but we do get to see each other fairly often. I figure because we'll be int he same boat at the same time, we'll probably talk on the phone a lot more. My husband's other brother has one son who's already a teenager, so it's nice that our kids will have cousins of the same age, more or less. I had that growing up, and it was great!

I thought about telling my Spinning instructors, but I still push pretty hard in their classes. They'll know soon enough :smile:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    That's fun! I wish I had someone around to talk to and someone pregnant would be great!

And now you have me craving a bagel and cream cheese. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a bagel since I moved here....

I was very sick and finally went to the doctor last night and got anti nausea medication, I hope it continues to work. Other than that super lonely with my husband being gone and I'm in a foreign country.

Hope you're all doing ok.

Trust me, a good bagel is hard to find here in South Carolina, too, though I guess I should be glad I can find one at all! Where are you living? I'm sorry you are lonely :frown:

I'm glad you are able to get anti-nausea medication. If it's bad enough for that, I have to imagine it's been rough for you. Have you been feeling better since you started taking it?
  • RBXChas
    Options
    How is everyone doing today?

Same old same old for me today, still having slight nausea and food aversions, though I figured out yesterday that if I eat a bigger lunch, I feel GREAT, not nauseous at all, and don't end up eating like a beast at dinnertime. I think it will be my new routine :happy:
  • TheLaser
    Options
    My nausea seemed to have peaked at around the 6-7 week point. That was definitely the worst I've ever felt in my life. It's still around and making me pretty miserable on and off, but it's definitely not as bad as it was. I didn't even know you could get anti-nausea medication! I've gained some weight (~5 lbs) from eating carbs because that's one of the few things I seem to tolerate reasonably. I'm trying to tell myself it's ok to have gained the weight. .

After a week-long break, I went for a run last night and it was harder than I'd expected it to be. I was nauseous and I felt sluggish the whole time, maybe in part due to the weight gain. But later that evening and this morning I felt more energized and so I think it was a good thing. Swimming is probably better for healing the subchorionic bleed, though, so I'm on the fence about whether I should keep running until that is cleared up. But I won't find out until they do another u/s at 12 weeks... AHHH, 3 weeks without running? The midwife said that I should go about my usual activities, but after looking online at other people's experiences with SCH, most people are pretty cautious and even advising bed rest. So I am torn.
  • howdeelightful
    Options
    I have been eating everything in site (almost). I think that pretty much sums it up for me. lol I have sore boobs, exhaustion, ect. The absolute worst right now though are the cravings. I want carbs, and lots of them. I eat, and I am immediately hungry again. It doesn't matter what it is. Today, I gave in and ate Subway for lunch. I had a FOOTLONG sub. Can't believe I ate the entire thing! 1 hour after eating it, my stomach was growling at me like I hadn't fed it all day. The only real food aversion I have had so far? The smell of vegetables (particularly cooked ones). I do believe I will be as big as a house soon if this doesn't stop. I am up already. :(

However, on the bright side, all things are well so far. I have a blueberry in my belly right now. :) My hubby and I have decided to call the baby Jacksabella (or JB for short) until it comes. That is a combination of our boy and girl names. Now I won't feel so detached when I am talking about JB since I won't be saying "IT" all the time. Plus, just a little over a week until we go to the OB. I am one excited momma!
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Well, it looks like I'm not alone in feeling like utter crap. I facetimed my husband and said this might be our only child if this continues long, lol.

The anti nausea meds helps some, but don't completely remove the nausea. I have been stuck in our apartment, I feel trapped. (I'm in Australia)

Hang in there ladies.