May 2013 Due Dates

Options

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    How is everyone today?

I made mac and cheese last night, which was ok, and I left the colander in the sink to wash later. This morning I was washing my hands in the kitchen sink, and the smell of dried pasta wafted up from the colander and almost made me sick. THE SMELL OF PASTA?!? Weird. My stomach is way more sensitive in the morning than the rest of the day, though, so that might explain it.

It's definitely hard to get up the energy to work out. I did my normal Saturday Spin class last weekend, but I skipped Sunday because I felt like I needed rest. My husband and I took a walk Sunday afternoon with our son, but I have not done any physical activity since. I am too exhausted to get up early, and then at the end of the day after my son is in bed, I'm ready to go to sleep again, plus it is still hot and humid here, even in the evenings and early mornings. I haven't been able to get to Spinning because of work conflicts, but I plan going tomorrow morning and on Sunday as well. But I feel like a total jerk because I haven't been working out as much. I used to work out 5-6 days a week, 4 of which were usually Spinning, but I feel so lazy! I also feel like it is going to contribute to my gaining too much weight.

How have you all been doing on your workouts?
  • howdeelightful
    Options
    I haven't been doing any workouts lately. I feel like such a big, huge BUM. I have been trying to get in some walking, but not a real workout. Once I go to the doc on the 15th, I may start working out again. I'm just scared to with my last one ending in a miscarriage. Hopefully, the doc will say it is ok, and then I will stop gaining. I'm up 4 pounds already! That makes sense though, so I am hoping that I can workout once I hit the 2nd trimester. :smile:
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I haven't been doing any workouts lately. I feel like such a big, huge BUM. I have been trying to get in some walking, but not a real workout. Once I go to the doc on the 15th, I may start working out again. I'm just scared to with my last one ending in a miscarriage. Hopefully, the doc will say it is ok, and then I will stop gaining. I'm up 4 pounds already! That makes sense though, so I am hoping that I can workout once I hit the 2nd trimester. :smile:

Yeah, in your case I would probably sit out my workouts, too. I am hoping the exhaustion and nausea pass quickly because those are my biggest obstacles right now! I'm not holding my breath on that one, though :tongue:
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I felt pretty good at my swim workouts this week, so I think that's working for me. It takes a real act of will each evening to jump into that freezing water, especially as it grows colder outside. But during the workouts this week all of my symptoms have just faded to the background and I felt like myself again, if only for about an hour. I consider that a win! While it has been really hard to keep exercising, I do feel like it's been invaluable in both maintaining my health and my sanity. But I have definitely had to cut down on the intensity and the number of times per week. Howdeelightful -does your doctor think that at least walking is ok?

The nausea seems to be easing up a weeeee bit, and I'm starting to feel some small amount of energy returning. Hallelujah is all I can say. Of course, being me these days, as soon as I rejoice in feeling a little better, the next feeling is worry that something might be wrong...

Rubybeach -that's what I said to my husband! This experience has REALLY given me an appreciation for all the women in most of history who were pregnant for most of their entire reproductive lives. Can you imagine going through this once a year or once every two years for your whole life?
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Ugh...workouts...I really have to get back to them! I miss them, I just can't seem to motivate myself to do any. I have literally done two workouts since finding out I'm pregnant 3 weeks ago :( So this week for the first time (4th pregnancy, 3rd was a miscarriage) I have experienced nausea just short of vomiting if I don't make myself eat something in the mornings. How strange is that? I already have a boy and a girl and didn't really experience any nausea with either one. I had more problems with heartburn with them than anything else. And I really hate to admit this but my pants (newly fitting into 8's) are now snug. Yet I must question is this just from my poor stretched out abdominals going thru their 4th round...or is because (I'm leaning towards this) I haven't exercised in approx a month.....AND it's probably not going to get better this weekend with a big BBQ tomorrow....Oh well! I'm going to commit to restarting my exercise routine Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Happy weekend, everyone! I hope you are all having a great day so far!

How is everyone doing/feeling?

Me, I went to a Spinning class this morning, and it felt great. I plan to go tomorrow morning, since I never know if I am able to go during the week. It really does make me feel normal again, whatever that means, but mostly it puts the nausea aside. I had a protein bar beforehand and a small glass of milk, but I was STARVING afterwards, so I got myself an Egg McMuffin on the way home. Holy yum! The only downside is that it's after 12 now, and I am getting hungry again. I am just not finding that my regular food is making my stomach feel right. Like a sandwich and a Greek yogurt for lunch with a piece of fruit just isn't cutting it, and I either feel like crap because I haven't eaten, or I feel like crap after eating that because it's not substantial enough. My husband keeps offering me his protein bars, but those won't cut it. I honestly have a hard time eating those. What my body is telling me to do is eat really substantial food, like burgers, and constantly. I want to listen to my body, but at the same time I don't want to pig out!

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm really at a loss as to how to handle this. It's the only thing that makes me feel better, and for a couple of hours, at that. I wonder if I'm better off eating less often but more substantial food and not feeling nauseated than eating smaller stuff more often and regularly feeling kind of nauseated.

Thoughts?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello
    Sorry haven't checked in for a bit. By the time I get home from work and get my daughter to bed and have dinner it's time for bed. Still not working out as I want to make sure all is well first. Meeting my midwife for first appointment on Wednesday and hopefully should get my nuchal scan date through.

Nausea is pretty bad, I have to eat regularly to get rid of it. Have taken to carrying ginger biscuits in my handbag. If I don't have a good breakfast I feel horrendous. My worst time has to be When I get home. I have lunch quite early at work and dinner because of my long work hours is usually around 7.30ish. So I am starving and the nausea is awful, had me retching pretty badly on Friday. I think I will prepare a snack to eat around 4-5ish at work so I can keep nausea at bay.

I still haven't got a sleep bra!desperately need one as taking my bra off in the evening is so painful.

Hope everyone is well.
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Sorry I haven't updated. Things have been busy around here and I don't get too many chances to get on the actual computer (vs my phone, which is annoying for commenting). My nausea is still pretty strong, though I've gotten better at eating something before the puking starts. Yay for small victories!

RBXChas, if your body is telling you to eat more substantial food, DO IT! Have you had an ultrasound yet? Not to totally freak you out, but my last pregnancy, I was the same way. The little snacks here and there totally didn't cut it; I had to eat dinner leftovers, frozen dinners, etc to stave off the nausea. Then, at my ultrasound, it turned out I was expecting twins (this is the part I don't want you to freak out over)! When you're pregnant with twins, you have to eat a lot more food earlier on in the pregnancy (3500 cals/day!) because the pregnancy is usually shorter and there's less space in your stomach later (obviously); plus, the amount of protein you need is insane - like 125 g or something per day. So when I was craving those huge meals instead of small snacks, it was for a reason - my body knew I needed it, even if I didn't know it. All that to say, regardless of how many babies you're carrying, listen to your body! It knows what you need. :flowerforyou:

I haven't exercised still.....though last night we went for a family walk. I was good during the walk; I just felt dead as soon as we went in the house! This morning I worked in our garden and then the rest of the day was spent at family day at my husband's work, with a whole carnival set-up, and we walked over 3 miles (according to my Fitbit) so I definitely got exercise in today. But not 'formal' exercise. Now I'm dead on my feet again, but the kids are all in bed already so I have the rest of the night to relax!:yawn:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I felt pretty good at my swim workouts this week, so I think that's working for me. It takes a real act of will each evening to jump into that freezing water, especially as it grows colder outside. But during the workouts this week all of my symptoms have just faded to the background and I felt like myself again, if only for about an hour. I consider that a win! While it has been really hard to keep exercising, I do feel like it's been invaluable in both maintaining my health and my sanity. But I have definitely had to cut down on the intensity and the number of times per week. Howdeelightful -does your doctor think that at least walking is ok?

The nausea seems to be easing up a weeeee bit, and I'm starting to feel some small amount of energy returning. Hallelujah is all I can say. Of course, being me these days, as soon as I rejoice in feeling a little better, the next feeling is worry that something might be wrong...

Rubybeach -that's what I said to my husband! This experience has REALLY given me an appreciation for all the women in most of history who were pregnant for most of their entire reproductive lives. Can you imagine going through this once a year or once every two years for your whole life?

I hear ya..... I just saw the Duggers on TV and she been pregnant 20 times....... And she always has morning sickness. No way...... She's tougher than me.
  • TheLaser
    Options
    The food really is a struggle. Some days, the only things I can put in my mouth are plain pasta and clementines. Pasta generally puts weight on me, but what are my other options? So I'm trying really hard to just give myself the green light with eating whatever I need to keep the nausea at bay and feel ok. Yes, I've gained weight and I hate that, but my husband reminded me that I'm not really eating badly --mostly natural foods-- and whatever I put on now, I am capable of taking off after the birth. I have to hope that will be true. I'm basically in survivalist mode until the second tri!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    RBXChas, if your body is telling you to eat more substantial food, DO IT! Have you had an ultrasound yet? Not to totally freak you out, but my last pregnancy, I was the same way. The little snacks here and there totally didn't cut it; I had to eat dinner leftovers, frozen dinners, etc to stave off the nausea. Then, at my ultrasound, it turned out I was expecting twins (this is the part I don't want you to freak out over)! When you're pregnant with twins, you have to eat a lot more food earlier on in the pregnancy (3500 cals/day!) because the pregnancy is usually shorter and there's less space in your stomach later (obviously); plus, the amount of protein you need is insane - like 125 g or something per day. So when I was craving those huge meals instead of small snacks, it was for a reason - my body knew I needed it, even if I didn't know it. All that to say, regardless of how many babies you're carrying, listen to your body! It knows what you need.

Don't even say that!!! :tongue: I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday morning, and hopefully they will tell me that there's only one in there. Only nausea and exhaustion have been exaggerated this time compared to last time. My boobs look awesome, nice and full, but are only about half as sore as they were last time, and I haven't had a major problem with headaches (yet). Last time I had horrible headaches during the first trimester. But about twins, I have to say that thought crossed my mind because of the severity of the nausea and the exhaustion compared to last time, the fact that I feel the need to eat so much, and the fact that I feel like I have a little belly already, which would make sense if there are two in there. Of course that last part could be from all the food, too...

Anyhow, I feel a bit better today but still feel the need to eat more substantial food constantly. I am trying not to let it get the best of me, mentally speaking. I will gain what I will gain, and that will be that. I have all the time in the world afterwards to get the weight off, which I did last time and probably from a much higher starting point (I assume I will not gain 100 lbs this time to get to my previous pre-delivery weight). I also didn't work out at all last time, and this time I have been continuing to work out as much as my exhaustion will allow. I think TheLaser put it well that I should basically worry about making it to the second trimester without puking and then focus on eating better when my stomach is more agreeable :smile: I feel like ice cream would make me feel awesome, but I think that would be very dangerous, since I really can't resist it. I could eat an entire half gallon of ice cream by myself in a weekend if you let me!

Thanks for the advice and kind words, everyone!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Lol...sorry I have been MIA! Its been hectic! Its funny to see these comments about expecting twins because I just found out I am expecting twins on Friday! I started bleeding and so I had to go the ER since thats what my doctor wanted me to do and had an ultrasound and found out! Its scary bc of the bleeding (which has stopped now) but I am still just wanting to make it to 12 weeks. I am currently 8 weeks and 1 day. Was not expecting the twin thing, though they run in my family, it just wasnt a serious thought. Now I am stoked! I knew I didnt feel this hungry and tired with my first....and now I am glad it wasnt all in my head! Unfortunately I have to take it easy and no working out for a couple weeks. I wasnt even allowed to go to the fair and walk around this weekend =(. But its all for the babies so its worth it! How is everyone?
  • TaraFTMVA
    Options
    RBXChas, if your body is telling you to eat more substantial food, DO IT! Have you had an ultrasound yet? Not to totally freak you out, but my last pregnancy, I was the same way. The little snacks here and there totally didn't cut it; I had to eat dinner leftovers, frozen dinners, etc to stave off the nausea. Then, at my ultrasound, it turned out I was expecting twins (this is the part I don't want you to freak out over)! When you're pregnant with twins, you have to eat a lot more food earlier on in the pregnancy (3500 cals/day!) because the pregnancy is usually shorter and there's less space in your stomach later (obviously); plus, the amount of protein you need is insane - like 125 g or something per day. So when I was craving those huge meals instead of small snacks, it was for a reason - my body knew I needed it, even if I didn't know it. All that to say, regardless of how many babies you're carrying, listen to your body! It knows what you need.

Don't even say that!!! :tongue: I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday morning, and hopefully they will tell me that there's only one in there. Only nausea and exhaustion have been exaggerated this time compared to last time. My boobs look awesome, nice and full, but are only about half as sore as they were last time, and I haven't had a major problem with headaches (yet). Last time I had horrible headaches during the first trimester. But about twins, I have to say that thought crossed my mind because of the severity of the nausea and the exhaustion compared to last time, the fact that I feel the need to eat so much, and the fact that I feel like I have a little belly already, which would make sense if there are two in there. Of course that last part could be from all the food, too...

Anyhow, I feel a bit better today but still feel the need to eat more substantial food constantly. I am trying not to let it get the best of me, mentally speaking. I will gain what I will gain, and that will be that. I have all the time in the world afterwards to get the weight off, which I did last time and probably from a much higher starting point (I assume I will not gain 100 lbs this time to get to my previous pre-delivery weight). I also didn't work out at all last time, and this time I have been continuing to work out as much as my exhaustion will allow. I think TheLaser put it well that I should basically worry about making it to the second trimester without puking and then focus on eating better when my stomach is more agreeable :smile: I feel like ice cream would make me feel awesome, but I think that would be very dangerous, since I really can't resist it. I could eat an entire half gallon of ice cream by myself in a weekend if you let me!

Thanks for the advice and kind words, everyone!

Yah I cant wear my jeans already :( I was wearing them Friday and they felt tight and I am concerned the pressure could have caused the bleeding and I know a lot of other women I read comments on other sites and they said even at 8 weeks they had to unbutton their jeans, so I dont feel like I am the only one now! :)
  • TaraFTMVA
    Options
    Hello
    Sorry haven't checked in for a bit. By the time I get home from work and get my daughter to bed and have dinner it's time for bed. Still not working out as I want to make sure all is well first. Meeting my midwife for first appointment on Wednesday and hopefully should get my nuchal scan date through.

Nausea is pretty bad, I have to eat regularly to get rid of it. Have taken to carrying ginger biscuits in my handbag. If I don't have a good breakfast I feel horrendous. My worst time has to be When I get home. I have lunch quite early at work and dinner because of my long work hours is usually around 7.30ish. So I am starving and the nausea is awful, had me retching pretty badly on Friday. I think I will prepare a snack to eat around 4-5ish at work so I can keep nausea at bay.

I still haven't got a sleep bra!desperately need one as taking my bra off in the evening is so painful.

Hope everyone is well.

Its the same way on our end. We dont get home until 8 bc we get off at 7....its so hard to even find time to work out and I make sure to eat a snack between 4 and 5 as well or I get nauseous on the way home. Its always good to have something on hand to hold you over. I try and aim for a fiber bar or some applesauce. It really seems to help :)
  • TaraFTMVA
    Options
    Happy weekend, everyone! I hope you are all having a great day so far!

How is everyone doing/feeling?

Me, I went to a Spinning class this morning, and it felt great. I plan to go tomorrow morning, since I never know if I am able to go during the week. It really does make me feel normal again, whatever that means, but mostly it puts the nausea aside. I had a protein bar beforehand and a small glass of milk, but I was STARVING afterwards, so I got myself an Egg McMuffin on the way home. Holy yum! The only downside is that it's after 12 now, and I am getting hungry again. I am just not finding that my regular food is making my stomach feel right. Like a sandwich and a Greek yogurt for lunch with a piece of fruit just isn't cutting it, and I either feel like crap because I haven't eaten, or I feel like crap after eating that because it's not substantial enough. My husband keeps offering me his protein bars, but those won't cut it. I honestly have a hard time eating those. What my body is telling me to do is eat really substantial food, like burgers, and constantly. I want to listen to my body, but at the same time I don't want to pig out!

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm really at a loss as to how to handle this. It's the only thing that makes me feel better, and for a couple of hours, at that. I wonder if I'm better off eating less often but more substantial food and not feeling nauseated than eating smaller stuff more often and regularly feeling kind of nauseated.

Thoughts?

I generally eat a heavy breakfast of egg whites,toast and a greek yogurt or cottage cheese. That holds me over until 12 or so and then I will have a snack until I go to lunch at 2. For lunch it is definitely the hardest meal of the day....I am okay with sandwiches, but since lunch meat isnt recommended for constant consumption while pregnant...I dont want to eat sandwiches all the time so I try and have a vegetable, even if its half of a steamer bag, fruit, and left overs generally. I have a snack around 5 too and then have dinner at 830 or so.....it seems to work well for my hunger, but there are times I still feel hungry in between. I eat a lot of bread generally. Its not intentional, I just seem to have it with my meals more often than anything else. You could try a half PB&J sandwich if you like it. I use reduced sugar jelly and it fills me up with the peanut butter. We have those a lot for lunch since me and my hubby get to eat lunch together everyday. Hope you can have some ideas! Just keep in mind healthy snacks are a good option to help! Celery w/peanut butter, fiber bars/brownies, fruits, etc :)
  • TheLaser
    Options
    Lol...sorry I have been MIA! Its been hectic! Its funny to see these comments about expecting twins because I just found out I am expecting twins on Friday! I started bleeding and so I had to go the ER since thats what my doctor wanted me to do and had an ultrasound and found out! Its scary bc of the bleeding (which has stopped now) but I am still just wanting to make it to 12 weeks. I am currently 8 weeks and 1 day. Was not expecting the twin thing, though they run in my family, it just wasnt a serious thought. Now I am stoked! I knew I didnt feel this hungry and tired with my first....and now I am glad it wasnt all in my head! Unfortunately I have to take it easy and no working out for a couple weeks. I wasnt even allowed to go to the fair and walk around this weekend =(. But its all for the babies so its worth it! How is everyone?

Wow! Congratulations on the twins! I'm jealous! I told my husband that I hoped we were having twins because I didn't want to go through this twice. Unfortunately, according to the ultrasound, it looks like I'll be going through this twice. (But really, I'll be happy if I get through this with just one healthy baby in the end.)
  • RBXChas
    Options

Congratulations! That's exciting!!!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on the twins! I'm jealous! I told my husband that I hoped we were having twins because I didn't want to go through this twice. Unfortunately, according to the ultrasound, it looks like I'll be going through this twice. (But really, I'll be happy if I get through this with just one healthy baby in the end.)

That's too funny! My little cousin had twins last September (in 2011, I mean), and a few months ago she posted on FB that she was giving away all her maternity clothes. A whole ton of women posted that she would regret it, etc., but I was like, "If I had twins the first time, I'd be done, too." She was glad someone understood. I secretly hoped we'd have twins the first time so that I wouldn't have to go through it again, but oh well. My son is awesome and healthy, so I can't complain! My husband and I used to say three was a good number, but due to the economic smackdown, we started having kids later than we expected to. I figured we'd start in 2008, but we didn't have our son until January 2011. After having him, I told him I didn't want to have more than two (but if we had an "oops" baby later, then so be it). He still wants three. Twins would definitely end that argument!

Personally, I'm doubting it for myself. I do feel different and extra sick/hungry/tired/fat compared to last time, but that could just be this pregnancy. Every pregnancy is different!
  • TaraFTMVA
    Options

That's too funny! My little cousin had twins last September (in 2011, I mean), and a few months ago she posted on FB that she was giving away all her maternity clothes. A whole ton of women posted that she would regret it, etc., but I was like, "If I had twins the first time, I'd be done, too." She was glad someone understood. I secretly hoped we'd have twins the first time so that I wouldn't have to go through it again, but oh well. My son is awesome and healthy, so I can't complain! My husband and I used to say three was a good number, but due to the economic smackdown, we started having kids later than we expected to. I figured we'd start in 2008, but we didn't have our son until January 2011. After having him, I told him I didn't want to have more than two (but if we had an "oops" baby later, then so be it). He still wants three. Twins would definitely end that argument!

Personally, I'm doubting it for myself. I do feel different and extra sick/hungry/tired/fat compared to last time, but that could just be this pregnancy. Every pregnancy is different!

Yah we will be done after these 2 come! We were planning to have 3 max anyways, my thought thoough is in 7-8 years I might get the baby blues again and want to try again! lol, but that will be a long ways from now once we are all situated, we have a lot to prepare for with the twins...we need a bigger place, another of everything we already have, and a bigger vehicle! SO the next 7 months are cram time! It will be exciting of you have twins too RBXChas! Looking forward to know how the ultrasound goes tomorrow!
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha, Tara, that's hilarious that you ended up with twins! Congratulations!! They're SO fun, but definitely hard work. Be prepared for lots of the same questions/comments from total strangers....twins seem to intrigue everybody! The absolute best book I read was recommended by my pediatrician (who also had twins) called When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads by Dr Barbara Luke and Tamara Eberlein. It's such a helpful guide in all aspects of the pregnancy! You can get it on Amazon or maybe even at your library. It's totally worth buying, though. Thanks to the nutrition info in it, I delivered my twins at 36w2d and they were 6lb7oz and 6lb9oz. Let me know if you have any questions at all; twin pregnancies can be rough but also exciting! I hope you have a healthy, wonderful pregnancy!