I confess- Single Peeps version

Options

Replies

• zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Ahem....I confess I played D&D in high school.... Yeah, not many people know this so I'll consider it a confession of great magnitude.

Closet nerd detected....
    Not a closet nerd but I confess, I never played any D&D of any kind, ever. *hangs head in shame as he hands over his nerd card* I want to though.

lol I wouldn't be shamed about it! It is fun with the right people. However you have certain camps of RPers:

- One camp that gets REALLY into it (dresses up; goes downtown; blah blah) Not me ever lol.

- One camp that casually does it basically to hang out with friends and have some laughs.

Of course it isn't for a lot of people I will admit. However, probably because it has a very negative stigma from society. (For some reason people think individuals who do that are demon summoning nerds who live in their mom's basement.)

All in all, it is fun, but nothing worth being shamed over haha!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Ahem....I confess I played D&D in high school.... Yeah, not many people know this so I'll consider it a confession of great magnitude.

Closet nerd detected....
    Not a closet nerd but I confess, I never played any D&D of any kind, ever. *hangs head in shame as he hands over his nerd card* I want to though.

Well....Flim's post about the Meetup made me wonder if there are any in the area.... could be interesting. Might be something for you to look into? :)
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome everyone
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Closet nerd detected....

Well....Flim's post about the Meetup made me wonder if there are any in the area.... could be interesting. Might be something for you to look into? :)

I will in March. Going to Seattle's Comic-con and it has a gaming section. I will be going to that to check it out. Also there is a "speed dating" for nerds and geeks as well. I was dared by my friends to sign up for it. :embarassed: I chickened out :laugh: and now I missed the window to sign up for it now. It's very popular and fills up quickly. Next year, maybe, if I haven't found someone by then.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

Closet nerd detected....

lol I wouldn't be shamed about it! It is fun with the right people. However you have certain camps of RPers:

- One camp that gets REALLY into it (dresses up; goes downtown; blah blah) Not me ever lol.

- One camp that casually does it basically to hang out with friends and have some laughs.

Of course it isn't for a lot of people I will admit. However, probably because it has a very negative stigma from society. (For some reason people think individuals who do that are demon summoning nerds who live in their mom's basement.)

All in all, it is fun, but nothing worth being shamed over haha!

for all my D&d fellow lovers watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I

You will now love me
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

Closet nerd detected....

What have you got against LARPers? Haha!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Closet nerd detected....

I will in March. Going to Seattle's Comic-con and it has a gaming section. I will be going to that to check it out. Also there is a "speed dating" for nerds and geeks as well. I was dared by my friends to sign up for it. :embarassed: I chickened out :laugh: and now I missed the window to sign up for it now. It's very popular and fills up quickly. Next year, maybe, if I haven't found someone by then.

They actually had a show about the comic-con speed dating thing on TLC or one of those stations. I think they had it for 2 days in NY if NY has comic-con.

I will also confess that I played D&D in my early 20s because my friends did it so it was a way to hang out. I always had to get reminded of the rules because I am more of a Trivial Pursuit type of person.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I confess nerd speed dating sounds fun!

I confess I also played with the idea of a dog speed dating event - bring your dog to see if you guys get along. Seemed like at least a good opportunity to get some interesting stories for a stand up act!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options

I confess that I've always wanted to try it, (sci-fi/fantasy nerd as a pre-teen) but computer games weren't part of my experience as a child/teenager, so I have absolutely no concept of how to go about it! I don't know how to play :sad:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I confess that I've always wanted to try it, (sci-fi/fantasy nerd as a pre-teen) but computer games weren't part of my experience as a child/teenager, so I have absolutely no concept of how to go about it! I don't know how to play :sad:

D&D is tabletop not computer :3
  • castadiva
    Options

Really?! I always thought (assumed, I guess) that it was a computer-based thing. Or am I thinking of something else? Teams, raids, warlocks, elves...?:embarassed:

<--- Did not have 'normal' childhood, by any standard.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Really?! I always thought (assumed, I guess) that it was a computer-based thing. Or am I thinking of something else? Teams, raids, warlocks, elves...?:embarassed:

There are a lot of RPG's that are computer or console based, but classic D&D is played around a table with buddies, dice and pencils (don't forget the pencils, someone always forgets a pencil!)
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

There are a lot of RPG's that are computer or console based, but classic D&D is played around a table with buddies, dice and pencils (don't forget the pencils, someone always forgets a pencil!)

And booze lol or atleast thats how we play lol:drinker:
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

And booze lol or atleast thats how we play lol:drinker:

LOL, sometimes, but that prevents real progress being made, plus if you're playing for 8-12 hours that is a lot of drinking 0755.wlEmoticon_2D00_nerd_5F00_2.png
  • castadiva
    Options

LOL - sounds like most opera rehearsals, apart from the dice bit! Someone ALWAYS forgets to bring a pencil...
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

<--- Did not have 'normal' childhood, by any standard.
    No Dungeon & Dragons? No World of Warcraft? I think you mean you HAD a normal childhood :laugh: (this would also typically qualify as "boys games").

I remember 15-20 years ago seeing regularly on the news crappy stories about the danger of RPGs because some dude would stab another person and they would later discover that the guy had a D&D rule book somewhere in his room.
    The "hate focus" is now more on video games, giving a break to the more traditional pen & paper RPG.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I confess I've been wanting some girl scout cookies but I've never bought any because I believe that the GSA is really a thin cover for child labor. :cry:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I confess that I am leaving this group, effective immediately.

I am deeply sorry to those who I have offended. Please note that offending people was not my original intention.

Thank you all for sharing your insight.

I wish all of you the best in your future endeavors. May you find peace, love and happiness.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

I am deeply sorry to those who I have offended. Please note that offending people was not my original intention.

Thank you all for sharing your insight.

I wish all of you the best in your future endeavors. May you find peace, love and happiness.

David, you can't leave. Who is going to be my partner in crime?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

How about this? Instead of leaving, just start learning from others. Have your opinion and what has worked for you, yet at the same time let them have THEIR opinion and acknowledge what has worked for THEM. And stop robotically quoting research and other documentation as if it were gospel truth when, in fact, it's not working for YOU either.

I don’t think anyone wants you to leave.