Like Minded Lushes - December 2012

Options

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Almost skipped my work out but then thought about the wine I'll be having with a friend while watching SATC so I hopped on the bike and "earned" me some wine and maybe some cheese and chocolate.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Awwww, guys, sad stories...Robin, you can honor your mother by sending your kids one decoration a year...that is, if you are willing to share them.

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 5 vodka/sodas
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 5 of something
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Hoping to make the goal of 10 this week. At least, the scale is moving back down. I really want to make a good impression at the MDs at the end of February.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Didn't mean to be such a downer. Sorry. So one more day until the winter break. one nice thing about working for Boeing. just sipping on vodka and not being crazy.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hope your break helps, Robin. They decided not to shut down my husbands office this year. Azzholes!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the sad stuff lushes. :flowerforyou:

I've drank most nights this week, but moderately, so like I always say, victory! My husband and I have shared a bottle pretty much every night. Get it in before the big Just Say No January, right?! Tonight is fancy dinner with my three oldest girlfriends; (2 have been my BFFs for 23 years and the other for 19 years). Most likely I'll drink too much when it's all said and done.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Ended up going out to dinner last night YAY!!! Had a flight of beer and then we split a delicious Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine when we got home. Lenny made a crucial error...we were watching tv and he fell asleep with his glass in hand and the couch got the end of his beer...geez I would have drank it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
    Tonight I will be doing some christmas eve prep...sugar cookies, beer dip, vinaigrette for my green beans, cutting up veggies for the veggie platter....and putting together my parents alcohol-inspired gift basket. I went to a local winery and pick up some nice wines, got some champagne mustard, some zinfandel salsa, merlot chocolate cherries, wine jellies and also sticking in a nice bottle of bourbon...I wish I could keep all that stuff for myself, haha!!!!!!!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Very lushy week so far and I am sure the weekend will be even worse!

Monday- 5 oz red
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday- 15 oz red
    Thursday- 20 oz red

Tonight I am not sure, may go out for dinner to our new favorite local restaurant, if so I will probably have a couple cocktails. If not, then I will probably finish the bottle of wine that is open. Tomorrow we have a family Christmas party and then a friends annual Christmas party. Sunday will be a detox and cleaning day, we are having Christmas Eve at our house, so I will be a busy girl.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Kate, be sure to send a basket this way. :bigsmile:

Robin, glad that you are going to have a nice break from the evil boss :angry:

Sydney, hubs job sounds awful, what's so important that you have to work on Christmas? I hope that he is getting some quality time with the son.

I am sick and called in ill to work today. This has been a bad year for colds and viruses for me. I am ready to begin 2013. I will send hubs out into the masses to finsh some stuff and I will get the house ready.

I'm thinking a glass of wine or two...not too crazy since I'm not feeling well.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    More red wine last night. I ended up pouring a glass back in the bottle so I could have another breadstick at dinner. Have I mentioned that I love bread as much as alcohol?
    Like Katie, I'll be doing some shopping/prep today for my Xmas Eve dinner. I need to get my lists going.

Kim, the husband is off on Christmas (but is on call). In the past his company (like Boeing where Robin works) would actually close down their facilities and give the employees the time between Christmas and New Years off. The husband's company since being bought out, is no longer doing that. Which makes no sense, since what they do supports Boeing. It sucks. His boss did give him several days around New Years off, so we will be taking off to our usual festivities at my cousins house at the beach. Lobster and clams...lots of games and way too much alcohol. Its a 2-3 day ordeal.

Hope you feel better Kim. The rest of you lushes..keep on keepin on! :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Thursday=3 beers. Not too bad...
    We leave early in the morning to spend Christmas with my mom and sister in upstate NY, so I probably won't be checking in, so happy holidays to all the lushes-
    May your days be merry and bright and may all your christmases be white, or red or vodka if that's your preference:)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    The grocery store wine/alcohol dude walked up to me today to let me know they're going to stop carrying Effen vodka. That's the bad news. The good news its on a fantastic reduced clearance price.

Is it bad that he knows I love Vodka and this particular brand? :drinker: This isn't some ma and pa shop. Its a freaking Safeway grocery store.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 5 vodka/sodas
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 3 - 5 oz wines
    Saturday, 0
    Sunday, 0

Total: 8

I tried those breathe right strips last night and they really help. They don't really add to my alluring sexiness tho. :wink:

Sydney, funny story about the Safeway man

Amy, have a safe and happy holiday with your family.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I think my tolerance is ridiculously high right now...good thing to have to get through the holidays but bad for my liver! Day one of my 11 days off!

Last night I had an amazing margarita at our fav Mexican place, then 3 beers at the bar after and a glass of red when we got home and I didn't even have a buzz really!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Last night I had an amazing margarita at our fav Mexican place, then 3 beers at the bar after and a glass of red when we got home and I didn't even have a buzz really!

Scary!!

I stuck with my 3 yesterday and there's a max of 2 planned for tonight which brings me to 10.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I'm a little hung over. Not sure how many vodkas I had.

Spending the day at the salon getting purty. That'll be nice.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of 11 day break!

Evil boss showed an ounce of humanity yesterday. At first when I mentioned to her that all my friends from my previous position were being allowed to leave at noon(common little happy holiday from the managment) she told me I could leave early if I wanted to use my vacation time to do so. so I just kept working. Then at 12:40 she stood over my desk and said "you can go ahead and leave" So I did!

Then I get home and I get all sad about all my girls being in vegas for christmas and not me. (daughters and granddaughter)

My husband is so sweet. He was willing to buy me a ticket to go see Holly, Brie and Olivia next week because I was so sad about not being with them for Christmas. But then I looked at how much it would cost and I decided it would be better to fly down for a weekend near Olive's first birthday. It will cost about $300 less and I can then spend money on Olivia! The fact that he was willing to was so sweet but I don't feel right spending that much money for a day or two on short notice. I love that he thought about doing it. And now I am not as sad about not being there because I know I can be there next month.

I made a double batch of eggnog last night (half a gallon) so I will be happy all holiday.

Happy Lushing all!!

Feel better Kim.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Robin - What a sweet hubby you have :)

Syd - You purty lush!!!! Your story made me laugh that you are probably known at Safeway as the Effin vodka lady :laugh:

Kim - My husband uses those breath strips all the time, helps him not snore. But the last one he tore off took off some skin on the bridge of his nose...sexy indeed!

Chloe - Wow ...that's all :)

I keep forgetting what I drank. I know I didn't drink the last two nights and I think I had a couple of glasses of chardonnay the night before that and that is all the memory I have without looking back at my food log.

I am procrastinating baking even though I need to. Maybe a drink will help me get moving. Going to check out my liquor stash now...Later lushes!
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    Hubs and I got to leave work at 11:30. We went home, had a cocktail and went to Chili's for some pre-shopping lunch. It happened to be happy hour, so I had 2 margs with salt. Yum! Later I had a vodka/Fresca and a beer. Ahhhh. I love winter break.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I am super duper jealous of everyone's extended holiday hiatus. Tomorrow is a 12, Monday is 8 and Tuesday is 8 as well. It's my holiday to work and hospitals never shut down. Well, unless they go broke that is. Tuesday is 2.5 time pay so it's almost worth it.

The shopping is done, the gifts are wrapped and I'll await all the various CC bills that will roll in.

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 5 vodkas
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, 3
    Saturday, 2

I am on track for moderation this week.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - 3 beers and a shot....................not bad.