Like Minded Lushes - December 2012

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I'm going out with a bang..... 3 glasses of wine and 2 cocktails last night. I too had sweats for dinner: dark chocolate covered almonds and those ferrer roche hazelnut things. Only 5 more nights to drink.....
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Major drinking Friday-MOnday! Nothing tuesday and 10oz of wine last night!

Hope everyone had a great holiday! xo
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of champagne and 1 shot of candy cane vodka - Christmas day

Not much lushiness going on here. I guess you could say I am drunk on puppy breathe. I promise I will post some pictures when I take some good ones.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    ♫Olive, the other reindeer, ♪ used to laugh and call him names .....

Olivetheotherreindeer_zps8f8233b2.jpg

two bottles of wine and a glorious feast yesterday. Happy lushing all
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 1 bottle of champagne mixed with OJ for mimosas and 2 glasses of wine. 7-ish
    Tuesday, 1/2 bottle of champagne, 1/2 bottle of wine and 2 beers. 7-ish
    Wednesday, 2-20 oz Newcastle and 2-12 oz Sam Adams - 6'ish

Total: 20'ish

Wow, it adds quickly. So, I will be going for zeros until New Years Eve.

Robin, she is a sweetie pie - pure cuteness

Sydney, cookies for dinner, yum

Ashley, the countdown begins for JSNJ - gulp!

Diana, puppies breathe is yummy and intoxicating for sure...congrats on the puppy!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Wed - 2 shots
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Mon- I lost count.
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs- I've already logged the vodka.

But I had a GREAT workout (thank you Santa for bringing me a new DVD that I wanted from my fav instructor) and I also did a ton around the house to clean up before the maid shows up tomorrow (I know..I'm weird...I have to clean up before she gets here...the husband and son make fun of me) It felt great to get out of SLUG mode and moving again.

Diana...waiting on those pics!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Sydney, I get what you are saying about cleaning before the cleaning lady...for me, it's picking up and toliets...wish I could have one more often

Hubs got me a fitbit for Xmas so I've been playing with that today. Apparently, stairs aren't the problem since we have 4 levels. It's the steps that I lag on. I've not gone anywhere today so that might be part of the problem. I just needed a day at home to straighten up.

I'm off work tomorrow morning and decided since I'll be doing sober January, I better get my fill. The wine is poured!!
  • wolf23
    Options
    As promised...
    puppyandrestaurant025.jpg
    puppyandrestaurant033.jpg
    puppyandrestaurant032.jpg
    puppyandrestaurant030.jpg
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Holy fricking cuteness!!! how are the kids getting along?
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I want one....super duper cuddly muffin
  • zippo32
    Options
    Thu - 4 beers.................................
    Cute dog.................
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    What a sweet baby! (doggies are babies)

Last night was tame; only 1/2 bottle aka 2 glasses. I had a salad for dinner so I could eat more sweets when I got home. I have GOT to get all the crap out of my kitchen!

4 more nights......
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Love the pup Wolf...so cute!!!!

Last night I intended on 10oz of wine BUT after I poured Lenny's glass I noticed there was only bit left in the box so we finished it so 14oz.
    Tonight I am planning only wine and I am going to try and keep it under control over the weekend. Monday I make no promises. We are heading down to S. Jersey to hang out with sisters in law and brother in law and New years day is Lenny's big family pollyanna party down there. I am not so thrilled it is new years day since we have to drive home 2 1/2 hrs and go to work the next day. It should be a mellow drinking day!

I am kind of doing a jsnj....mon-thurs with the weekends being rather tame. We just have so much going on in Jan that revolves around drinking that I will not be able to say no. But I need to curb the drinking and get back into shape, I have been feeling real gross lately...mostly eating but drinking does not help!!!

Ashley, we finished mostly all the leftovers last night, with the exception of a rum cake, which I don't really have much interest in, so atleast I have that going for me haha!!!!

Happy friday!
    xo
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hey pushes just wanted to check in...I am still on vacation until Wednesday and I have been so lushy it is ridiculous! I think I am going to try the no booze January ....or at least very strictly limit it if nothing else!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Damn auto correct.....lushes not pushes!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Hello lushes, such cute kids and cute dogs.....aww I want to pinch them all.

I just did the annual total and we had only 6 completely drink free days for the year. :noway: Oh my lushness. Had a few lite days but it only counts if completely drink free. How sad is that? And how sad that we have been tracking it since 2004? Ah, maybe a problem, hello? I'm in for just say no January but not sure if it will happen, my second goal is to be drink free 200 days in 2013. That still leaves 165 drinky days which works out to about 3 a week. That may work.

Who has champagne already cooling for the New Year celebrations? Everybody be safe!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi mcdeb..good to see you! And oh my at the drinking days. I'm not sure I would be very happy with my yearly total either!

With that said I did have another 0 last night. And I'll have another tonight too...but all bets are off after that since we're headed out of town and beginning our annual New Years celebration.

Mon-too many
    Tues-0
    Wed-0
    Thurs-4
    Fri-0
    Sat-0
    Sun/Mon....many, I'm sure.

Not *too* bad. A bit bingey.
  • wolf23
    Options
    Holy fricking cuteness!!! how are the kids getting along?

They love each other. Callie is like the big sister and doesn't want to miss a thing with Remy. If he squeaks or whines she is coming to find me to take care of puppy. When they play, Callie looks like an elephant seal laying on the ground mouth open making groaning sounds waving her head back and forth while Remy is hopping all over her face making high pitch growling sounds. I do have to supervise carefully because Callie is so much bigger and sometimes gets too excited and Remy has no fear. I feel stupid but I am putting Callie in doggie daycare once a week so she can get some playtime with dogs her own size.

Friday - 1 glass of red
    Saturday - 1 glass of red
  • zippo32
    Options
    Sat - 5 beers & some adult slush for a lush!