Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

TMI Tuesday-single peeps version

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I dunno where I would find people like me... Hmmm, anyone know where there might be a good amount of hot libertarian dudes? Hahaha
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Absolutely huge differences between the different areas. I was offered a 3 jobs within 24hrs (NOVA, MD & Richmond). I chose Richmond because of the cost of living, as well as it being central to the beach, mountains and city. Sometimes I kick myself for that. ;)

Not a fan of Richmond. I've lived and traveled all over the state, and that's my least favorite spot. :-(

--P
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Actually I live in Sf and we have some of the premier hospitals and some very good universities here. I think what it boils down too is the difference in cultures. SF has a much higher percentage of hispanic people vs boston (vs almost any state) . Speaking as a hispanic female we are raised to expect a man to take care of us. If you've ever been to a hispanic party you'll see the women cater to the men alot. We make their plates of food and make sure they have fresh beers.Not that the men dont show their affection as well but the women display alot of nuturing habits to show affection. As independent as I am when I have a bf I do this its just part of the training. Hell when I make dinner I set up plates for every single person in the house before serving myself even if said people arent in the house at the time lol.

So true. We are very traditional. I would say the main difference is that now-a-days we want to work (most of us) and are not expected to be stay at home moms. But yes, we cater a lot to our men. A BIG problem that I have since I mainly date white guys.

Men- If you date a hispanic (have you?) that caters to you, out of habit, does it without thinking; how do you react? Do you find it to be too much? Would you rather serve yourself? ..... Great topic here jenbit.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Actually I live in Sf and we have some of the premier hospitals and some very good universities here. I think what it boils down too is the difference in cultures. SF has a much higher percentage of hispanic people vs boston (vs almost any state) . Speaking as a hispanic female we are raised to expect a man to take care of us. If you've ever been to a hispanic party you'll see the women cater to the men alot. We make their plates of food and make sure they have fresh beers.Not that the men dont show their affection as well but the women display alot of nuturing habits to show affection. As independent as I am when I have a bf I do this its just part of the training. Hell when I make dinner I set up plates for every single person in the house before serving myself even if said people arent in the house at the time lol.

So true. We are very traditional. I would say the main difference is that now-a-days we want to work (most of us) and are not expected to be stay at home moms. But yes, we cater a lot to our men. A BIG problem that I have since I mainly date white guys.

Men- If you date a hispanic (have you?) that caters to you, out of habit, does it without thinking; how do you react? Do you find it to be too much? Would you rather serve yourself? ..... Great topic here jenbit.

I don't have too much experience with Spanish women.. but I'm definitely a fan of their tan skin and their curves in all the right places. Maybe it's all that sunshine and the rice and beans..?

I would love to meet a Spanish woman who caters to my every need if that is what you asking. I'd have no problem with it and I don't think it'd be overbearing. It'd actually be very, very nice (and a huge turn-on!).
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    i don't think you can compare NOVA to any other part of VA. even Western loudoun county, where i live is not like the rest of NOVA. BUT, people in NOVA are just different!!!

i grew up in IL. chicagoland suburbs. we had a second home in WI, that i spent a ton of time at.
    i went to college in DE. talk about culture shock!
    then lived in FL ( panhandle, destin/ eglin AFB area)
    then moved to the burbs of baltimore ( ewww, never again!!!!)
    and then to where we are now. i cannot say i love it here. it has grown on me, but the people are just NOT friendly. at all. it's really sad actually.

i went house hunting today and there isn't a whole lot out there that i can afford in NOVA either. i happen to live in the wealthiest county in the country ( according to some statistic). so, often money means a little bit o crazy. at least in all of my years of experience with money that's what it meant......

I'm originally from Virginia. There are huge differences (or at least there were) between northern Virginians (few of whom were actually born in Virginia), southwestern Virginians, and Tidewater Virginians. You just can't compare Virginia Beach and Roanoke, for example... I grew up in Tidewater, went to university in Southwest Va (Blacksburg), and spent a lot of time in NoVa with friends from university. It was like three different states.

Also, didn't you get laid last night? Did I miss the post on how it went? ;-)

--P
  • 4themoney
    i wanna find a guy like this. daddy, but knows what he wants and how to have fun.
    good for you!!!!

Also, yes. Yes, I did. You didn't miss the follow up post. We will just say that it was a very good time and we are very compatible in those regards. I don't foresee a dry spell anytime soon. :wink:
  • afv417
    I don't have too much experience with Spanish women.. but I'm definitely a fan of their tan skin and their curves in all the right places. Maybe it's all that sunshine and the rice and beans..?

I would love to meet a Spanish woman who caters to my every need if that is what you asking. I'd have no problem with it and I don't think it'd be overbearing. It'd actually be very, very nice (and a huge turn-on!).

The rice and beans are why I am on MFP! lol

That's good to hear because sometimes I wonder if with doing too much I am over-stepping. I.E. with the guy I'm dating now, we are just in the dating stage but I still want to do things and I try to hold myself back but being around my mom... well, forever... it's become a habit for me! Sometimes I wonder if guys think: "does she not think I am capable?".
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    I dunno where I would find people like me... Hmmm, anyone know where there might be a good amount of hot libertarian dudes? Hahaha

Just from a completely open sexual point a view...maybe Amsterdam?
  • MikeM53082

The rice and beans are why I am on MFP! lol

That's good to hear because sometimes I wonder if with doing too much I am over-stepping. I.E. with the guy I'm dating now, we are just in the dating stage but I still want to do things and I try to hold myself back but being around my mom... well, forever... it's become a habit for me! Sometimes I wonder if guys think: "does she not think I am capable?".

Nope.. just keep on doing what you are doing. It's part of your personality and what makes you "you". Plus, every guy appreciates a woman who does stuff for him.

Question to you.. would you clean his bathroom if he asked you? :laugh:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    i don't think you can compare NOVA to any other part of VA. even Western loudoun county, where i live is not like the rest of NOVA. BUT, people in NOVA are just different!!!

i grew up in IL. chicagoland suburbs. we had a second home in WI, that i spent a ton of time at.
    i went to college in DE. talk about culture shock!
    then lived in FL ( panhandle, destin/ eglin AFB area)
    then moved to the burbs of baltimore ( ewww, never again!!!!)
    and then to where we are now. i cannot say i love it here. it has grown on me, but the people are just NOT friendly. at all. it's really sad actually.

i went house hunting today and there isn't a whole lot out there that i can afford in NOVA either. i happen to live in the wealthiest county in the country ( according to some statistic). so, often money means a little bit o crazy. at least in all of my years of experience with money that's what it meant......

i wanna find a guy like this. daddy, but knows what he wants and how to have fun.
    good for you!!!!

Absolutely understand!!! It was a culture shock when I moved, but I do adapt easily. It's just seemed like this time took a little longer to adapt.....Richmond is a nice area to raise a family in, but....not so great for finding a "second chance".

And, thank you!! He and I got along so well via text/email/phone that it was so hard to believe that he was sooooo boring when we finally met. I've very glad I've taken the time to get to know him. He's just slower to open up, but we are so much alike and connecting very well now that the awkwardness is starting to pass. And, yes. He's completely fun, attentive and not selfish at all...very good things. :)
  • afv417
    Nope.. just keep on doing what you are doing. It's part of your personality and what makes you "you". Plus, every guy appreciates a woman who does stuff for him.

Ok, cool.

:embarassed: I want to.
    He did a half assed job. :grumble:
    But who's to say he will keep it up? :ohwell:
  • 4themoney
    that's so awesome!!
    the dads i've met have seemed normal or ok, and then the issues start creeping in. ugh.

in my town there are several single men on match.com, however, none of them have interacted with me on there! where i lived, is family central. there is like a 1% chance of finding a second chance in purcellville, va.

so, i have to look in winchester, leesburg, ashburn, charles town wv, frederick, MD. and ALL of those places are so different from each other. so, those guys are ALL looking for different types of women! it's really very difficult.

the cool thing is, i've stayed friends with most of the guys i've had dates with for more than a month. we won't ever be a couple, but it's nice to have them as a friend :-)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Also, yes. Yes, I did. You didn't miss the follow up post. We will just say that it was a very good time and we are very compatible in those regards. I don't foresee a dry spell anytime soon. :wink:

Good for you :drinker:
  • afv417

Ok, cool.

Let me put it this way...

I am not trying to change him and I know that I will have to help if I want the cleanliness to my standards. I am OK if he is willing to at least TRY and make me feel comfortable. It makes me feel appreciated.
  • TheKitsune6

Just from a completely open sexual point a view...maybe Amsterdam?

Hahahaha! That could work!
  • MikeM53082

Ok, cool.

I am not trying to change him and I know that I will have to help if I want the cleanliness to my standards. I am OK if he is willing to at least TRY and make me feel comfortable. It makes me feel appreciated.

He should change. I wouldn't stand for a partner who didn't pick up after herself and was sloppy. For me cleanliness is a deal-breaker. If I dated a messy girl and she wouldn't change, I would have no choice but to completely end it.

Not sure how important it is to you, but I would tell it like it is. Tell him that he should "man up" and keep his place in decent condition.
  • TheKitsune6

Interesting. I am Spanish and was raised in a household where mom never did anything for dad (she's where I get my German and Spanish). He did everything for her though. So it's odd to me because I take after my dad in my actions and mentality, but I look very Spanish and therefore puts me into that particular stereotype.

I definitely take on a more nurturing role in a relationship. I've just learned to show my affections through actions so I do the cooking, cleaning and cuddling... since actually talking about them is way too uncomfortable hahaha! I don't tell you how I feel, I just bring you a beer XD

That being said, I've never actually had a guy complain about that. It would seem strange that someone would.
  • afv417

Ok, cool.

He should change. I wouldn't stand for a partner who didn't pick up after herself and was sloppy. For me cleanliness is a deal-breaker. If I dated a messy girl and she wouldn't change, I would have no choice but to completely end it.

Not sure how important it is to you, but I would tell it like it is. Tell him that he should "man up" and keep his place in decent condition.

I understand where you are coming from.

The way I see it is no matter who I meet, they are bound to have a flaw and if I focus on trying to change this flaw, it will be the same with the next guy, because it most likely won't happen (in my experience). If my worst problem with somebody is that he can't clean but he shows me appreciation by trying, then at that point I am willing to take over that task. Am I making sense?
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    that's so awesome!!
    the dads i've met have seemed normal or ok, and then the issues start creeping in. ugh.

in my town there are several single men on match.com, however, none of them have interacted with me on there! where i lived, is family central. there is like a 1% chance of finding a second chance in purcellville, va.

so, i have to look in winchester, leesburg, ashburn, charles town wv, frederick, MD. and ALL of those places are so different from each other. so, those guys are ALL looking for different types of women! it's really very difficult.

the cool thing is, i've stayed friends with most of the guys i've had dates with for more than a month. we won't ever be a couple, but it's nice to have them as a friend :-)

Awww...I understand. The little burb I'm in is very much the same. And, then we have our West End, East End, South Side....etc. I feel like I'm in West Side Story...Hahaha. Anyway... my experience with match.com was that it's the place where men go immediately after their divorce, so there are still a lot of "fresh" guys out there just wanting fun. So, I avoid that. POF is not so bad if you have the patience. I actually have talked with some really nice guys in the Frederick and Leesburg areas on there, but the distance is just too far for me. I wish I knew a sure fire way to find the guys for you...unfortunately, I don't. There are a lot of cool races and events up that way, though. Maybe some 5ks? Or wine tastings....I spent a day in Louden (sp?) and noticed they have a lot of great events geared towards guys (car shows, bike fests, etc) at the wineries that were still kid friendly. Maybe try those? My son loves car shows and men love to talk about their cars! :)
  • afv417

Interesting. I am Spanish and was raised in a household where mom never did anything for dad (she's where I get my German and Spanish). He did everything for her though. So it's odd to me because I take after my dad in my actions and mentality, but I look very Spanish and therefore puts me into that particular stereotype.

I definitely take on a more nurturing role in a relationship. I've just learned to show my affections through actions so I do the cooking, cleaning and cuddling... since actually talking about them is way too uncomfortable hahaha! I don't tell you how I feel, I just bring you a beer XD

That being said, I've never actually had a guy complain about that. It would seem strange that someone would.

If you do the cooking, cleaning and cuddling it sounds like you DO like to run the household in a traditional way, like your dad did. The difference between you and I is that you took after your dad and I took after my mom. No guy will complain about that, says Mike! lol