May check in and chat - May all your weights go up

Options

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about some leg pics for June :) My mouse has inspired me.....here's to hoping that inspiration lasts and I don't end up thinking "eff my legs still look fat" :laugh:
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about some leg pics for June :) My mouse has inspired me.....here's to hoping that inspiration lasts and I don't end up thinking "eff my legs still look fat" :laugh:

I was thinking "hmmm, how do I not make my legs look short and stocky." The I remembered I'm 5'2", my legs will always be short and I rather have stocky legs that can push a lot of weight up than skinny legs too weak to do much of anything :laugh:
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Juliemouse, Sexy strong leg!!

Sick again last week.

Yesterday's workout should have been amazing with all the ice cream I ate (Hagen Daz was on sale and my husband couldn't resist...yes it's his fault!)

Dani, I thought the pint was 1 serving?

Anyway, I did workout yesterday:

Squats: 65 lb
    Bench: 75lb
    Row: 60

I don't know why the squats have been so hard!! and I am sore today which is weird because I really haven't been getting sore except for the injuries. My guess is that I am not completely cured from this disease and no amount of ice cream is going to make up for that. While I was one with the couch I was worried that the pain was going to be permanent, like it was before the MFP lifestyle change. Pretty scary. I am much better but I think the virus really messes with your mind.

Stay well

Oh yes, jstout, short strong legs are beautiful!

PS: congrats to those who are getting power racks!! the best investment I've ever made!
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options

gorgeous legs!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

I was thinking "hmmm, how do I not make my legs look short and stocky." The I remembered I'm 5'2", my legs will always be short and I rather have stocky legs that can push a lot of weight up than skinny legs too weak to do much of anything :laugh:

I'm 5'6" and my legs are short and stocky too. And by stocky, I mean HUGE. Can't be helped. Makes us good squatters though!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Okay I did it! There are my legs....mosquito bites and all :laugh: Such a copy cat I am!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Vegas, I know have Rod Stewart's "Hot Legs" going through my mind! Looking good, girl!

Thank you, ladies! I have a picture of them pudgy somewhere. You will notice I am not jumping through hoops to dig it up, either, lol.

Starting to SEE a return on my investment...more than just the measurements, so there is more motivation! :bigsmile:

Fisher, good lift!!!
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Hm. Been lying in bed contorting myself trying to get a decent leg shot how are you all doing it?! Maybe if I wasn't milky white the definition would show up better!
  • jstout365
    Options
    Hm. Been lying in bed contorting myself trying to get a decent leg shot how are you all doing it?! Maybe if I wasn't milky white the definition would show up better!

You can't be much more milky white than I am :laugh: I ended up stretching out from my bed to the wall and leaning over to snap the pic. It all comes down to lighting I think :laugh:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

I'm 5'6" and my legs are short and stocky too. And by stocky, I mean HUGE. Can't be helped. Makes us good squatters though!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You talking about me again?! ... 23" thighs at 5'7" thankyouverymuch... only poses a problem when I'm busting out of my skinny jeans :wink:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options

You can't be much more milky white than I am :laugh: I ended up stretching out from my bed to the wall and leaning over to snap the pic. It all comes down to lighting I think :laugh:

Yup this is pretty much it! I always find that what you *think* is going to work well really doesn't lol
  • jstout365
    Options

You talking about me again?! ... 23" thighs at 5'7" thankyouverymuch... only poses a problem when I'm busting out of my skinny jeans :wink:

Oh, I totally get the jeans issue :laugh: I stand up and my jeans hang on my thighs making it look like my pants are too short! And they are relaxed fit :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've missed so many fun comments! Add me to the short-and-stocky-leg-list....at 5'1" everything is short and stocky.

Today felt better (finally).
    Squats 120
    OHP 62.5...and finally hit 5x5!
    Deadlift 165

Had my hubby take a photo of me doing deadlifts, but ugh. No. Not posting that!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

I just held my phone at an angle...and not necessarily a comfortable one, either, lol. I am not real brown, either, but the paint in the room helped. :bigsmile: that and a good flex.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options

Oh, I totally get the jeans issue :laugh: I stand up and my jeans hang on my thighs making it look like my pants are too short! And they are relaxed fit :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My legs look a lot like yours - my calves might be a little bigger.

Mrs Mack, I can't even WEAR skinny jeans. I literally cannot get my legs into them. I mean, I can because they are stretchy but I have to go down with my hands and slowly inch them up by pinching the fabric and yanking it a tiny bit at a time. IT takes FOREVER and then the ankle area looks ridiculous because I stretch the calf of the jean so wide that it hangs weird around the ankle instead of making a nice tight look.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You guys are cracking me up! I think you all have awesome legs. :flowerforyou:
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

Mrs Mack, I can't even WEAR skinny jeans. I literally cannot get my legs into them. I mean, I can because they are stretchy but I have to go down with my hands and slowly inch them up by pinching the fabric and yanking it a tiny bit at a time. IT takes FOREVER and then the ankle area looks ridiculous because I stretch the calf of the jean so wide that it hangs weird around the ankle instead of making a nice tight look.

Right?! That's a good time when you have to pee and you're trying to get them down!!! :embarassed:
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options

Deadlift 1x5 @ 135, 175, 200!! May goal hit and new PR!! Now, the 200 lift wasn't pretty (and hard as h3!!) and I know my form suffered, but I did it....200 lbs.

Wheeeeeeee! NICE! All these strong ladies!

I look like a cross between a puffer fish without the spikes and a beetroot when I deadlift and it always feels like my eyes are going to pop out of my head/face....

I keep meaning to do some action shots...damn, might just have to ask one of the lads to snap some short vids or pics...mmmm...

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I have the doms from hell today (was squat day Saturday)...nothing has changed in my workouts, just today my legs felt, well...more sore than they have in a long time pshhhhhhhhhhhht! Was supposed to go running, but took a sneaky rest day and went visiting instead : )
  • beacrys
    beacrys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey I got a rack! A squat rack that is. After a month of me lifting my nineteen yr. old daughter says I want to do whatever you're doing that is changing your body like that. I know what she means. You can kind of see a different body inside the pudge coming through. Some definition happening. My son said he'd lift too if I bought equipment for the home. He's almost sixteen and super fit, though has never lifted weights. So I searched on Craigs List and bought an older NSP squat rack with a bench that clamps in and out very easily. It is in excellent condition and sturdy as all get out. Also has spot bars.

I am so excited. I got a rack. Too funny. Next up bar, weights and mats.
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    beacrys - congrats on the rack! :smile: And on luring in your kids.

Re: jeans and lifting legs: I used to hate jeans that had spandex in them, but now I am discovering that they are my very best friends. For the first time in my life, I have to buy jeans that fit my thighs first and then belt in the waist. It's not because my thighs have really gotten any bigger (they've shrunk - I think it is because the mass has been redistributed. :smile:

A today, and the gym was packed.

Squats - 3x5 at 155. I'm going to alternate progressive loads with 3x5's and see if that allows me to move up weight-wise and keep my hip flexor happy.
    Bench - 5x6 at 95 - working towards 100. Next time I'll do 5x5 at 97.5 hopefully.
    Row - 55544 at 110 - new weight, so I'll repeat it next time. I actually did the two missed reps, they just felt crappy form wise.

Have a great Memorial Day to the USA folks. If any of you have served, my gratitude. Happy Monday to everyone else!