EXERCISE!

Options
LMV and I suckers that we are for punishment, joined a SHREDDING circle over on TD many moons ago. Whoever set it up, never once posted and although a few stragglers popped in for a couple of days, no one except LMV and I survived to tell the tale!!!! However after completing the 30 days we continued using the circle to post our groans, moans and report our accomplishments of all exercise to get support from one another. It has certainly helped me knowing LMV is doing the Shred as I'm attempting to keep up with Jillian! And as I will be leaving TD shortly I need such a group on this site to keep me inspired and engaged to exercise on the mornings I really don't want to until I've read LMV has!

Replies

• 77Bailey77
    77Bailey77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    MITM! the only thing I shredded was my nerves, waiting for the injuries I was certain would befall you and LMV. Fab that you both completed it, but I read your post and thought "here we go again"! lol x x
  • Lovemyveg
    Lovemyveg Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up MITM. Spent all day Sat in a classroom looking at the sunshine outside as I struggled through my mock Welsh exam. We did 3 papers in the morning - listening comprehension, reading comprehension and written - and then did the mock oral in the afternoon with lots of revision exercises while we awaited our turn. That is he only type of excise I got over the week-end. It's quarter to 7 now and I'm just psyching myself up to get up and go for a run! xx
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    OK, run done. Did the full 30 mins plus 10 min brisk warm up and down walk. That's the first time I've done 30 mins since about last September. Now that I've got my stamina back I can work on my speed so I can beat last year's Race for Life time of 33 mins. xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    mummyinthemountains Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    LMV - Well done! I alas have done nothing today, but I might still get around to doing 15 mins of Rosemary before bed. Tomorrow I will, I will, I will be doing a Jillian and knowing that you will be checking this on your return will make sure I do, do something!!!
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Now I can't decide if I did 3 circuits of the lovely Jillian today because it's my weigh in tomorrow or because I know LMV is returning!! However I realised whilst on the warm up, since starting I've become more flexible, where once I could only touch my calves with ease, I'm now touching my toes!!! However I shall never be able to lift my leg as high as the girls do and nor will I ever be attempting to!
  • new82day
    new82day Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done on still shredding! I have lent my shred DVD to a friend (...makes me feel a little less guilty about not doing it!!).

So this evening I have decided that I really need to exercise more, I can feel the pounds coming off (from bust not the overloaded tummy and bum!) and really need to tone up my jelly belly and shrink my hips/bum. I have fallen off the waggon with the squat challenge - got to 160, and it was becoming a REAL challenge, but could feel the benefits!

So this week I am going to start my new regime of squats, sit ups and push ups (not sure on numbers yet thinking 90, 60, 30 but may alter this if not challenging enough). I am also going to (try to) use my dvds and wii on my non-fast days.

Really need to put in the effort and get off my lazy behind as exercise will make a difference....
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    MITM, I'm sure you did a Jillian workout just for the love of it! Really well done on your 1/2lb off. When you have as few to go as you do that half pound is a mega whopper. Congratulations or Llongyfarchiadau! My exercise s woeful, but I will be starting afresh and fully expect to go for a run tomorrow so I hope I am here reporting good news tomorrow.

New8 - come on, do as I say, not as I do lol. You can do it, but not sure I could. That is a truly enormous number of squats you are doing. Well done. Keep it up! xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Intended to do a Jillian this morning to make up for some of the damage I've done, but husband and daughter have been playing around with the set up/computer and being new technology refusenik I can't change it back.... However I will be reporting in again later once the daughter has returned from school.
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Was going to go out for a run this morning but it was raining so I opted for a lovely 30 min session with Rosemary and really enjoyed it. So much more fun than the nasty Jillian!

MITM - watch how they change it and learn. If they can do it, so can you, don't be a technophobe! xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    LMV - nasty Jillian and I met up late afternoon and I too felt so much better after 25 minutes of kicking and punching!! I also this evening met up with the lovely Rosemary and I got a walk in this afternoon, so I'm feeling good. See you tomorrow!
  • new82day
    new82day Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Am quite impressed with my week so far -
    Monday cycling, 50 squats, 15 push ups and 30 sit ups.
    Tuesday - fast day, so took it easy!
    Today - swimming, squats, push ups and sit ups.
    Tomorrow is another fast day, and I cant bear to think about exercise on those days!

Well done MITM and LMV!
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Morning All,

Well done to you to New8, you are really going for it at the moment. I've been out for a run this morning despite it being a fast day. I needed to post the note I have written to Bracken so I ran to the post office in the next village. I went a little later than usual because I had to wait for the post office to open but didn't think about the fact that it would be a bit warmer. I wore a fleece as usual - big mistake! I didn't have a t shirt on under it so I couldn't take it off and I must say I was a little bit red in the face by the time I got back!

Anyway, exercise done for the day so now I can relax and get on with my Welsh.

MITM - how are you doing? xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Evening Crackers!

Well NEW8 no wonder you can see the difference on your stomach with all that exercise!

LMV - I had no time for Jillian today, although it's a church bank holiday here (lots of cannons going off and prayers as they paraded around the village with the band to each station of Jesus' journey....) I didn't I was busy preparing potatoes ready for a long day ahead tomorrow.... However the daughter dragged me up for a 20 minute nordic burst and I felt much better for that, and just before I sat down to catch up here I did a quick salsacise with Rosemary. Not sure if I'll get time for anything tomorrow as we have work and guests for the weekend oh and cake so I need to do something!
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Morning Shredders / Exercisers

MITM, stay AWAY from the cake...........I said AWAY from the cake! Sounds like you have a busy day and I definitely think you should write a book about life in an Austrian village. Something along the lines of A Year in Provence. You seem to have so many festivals and interesting things to write about - I still giggle at the way you wrote in your blog about moving all those logs, and clearing the snow, and bags of dandelions. I can see your life in film with the beautiful mountains as the backdrop!

I met up with Rosemary this morning and we had a lovely half hour swinging our hips together. Wonderful, set me up for the day, I feel full of beans now. Think I'll have a little bit of smoked salmon for breakfast with a slice of toast to celebrate the end of my fast. All done for this week now.

Be good all
    xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Afternoon ladies,

It is pouring with rain here, so an ideal day for me to work but because of the bank holiday yesterday the daughter is also off today.... She was moaning and groaning about the weather (this time last year she was doing lengths in the local outdoor pool) so I suggested why didn't she try my wonderful new Jillian DVD? NEW8 I've moved on to 'Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism' which BRACKEN used and I'm addicted to - LMV not so!

Twenty minutes later I knocked on her door, she had locked it! She opened it with the crossest face you can imagine, and snarled at me 'That's utter rubbish, crap warm up (she had done her Davina warm up instead!) and as for those 2 Barbie doll assistants with fixed grins, at least Davina huffs and puffs and jokes when she's knackered. And the work out itself was soooo SLOW!!!! And I don't like it that Jillian is only doing half the work out and alot of pointing with a cross face. I prefer Davina with Jackie supporting those that are not so good.'

So we can safely assume she is not a fan!! That was 1/2 an hour ago and now she's moaning that her legs/bum are actually hurting.

When is that flight booked?!!!!

P.S. She has just read this and her comment 'Thank you MOTHER!'
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    She is absolutely right about that Jillian DVD. I couldn't agree with her more. Mousegirl gives me the heebiejeebies! xx
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Morning Exercisers,

I got up and did my session with Rosemary this morning. I put lots of energy into it as I was a bit naughty over the week-end and didn't do any exercise. I've had my head in my books, but I'm raring to go after my salsaing so will get on with my last bits of revision.

I should have gone for a run this morning, but it was already so warm (not that I'm complaining) that I opted for a session with Rosemary instead. I'll have to get up earlier tomorrow and go out while it is still cool.

How's everyone else doing?

xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    LMV - you're right we have had a little rain of late!! However in my part of the world there is no flooding - I'm in the Dolomites close to the Italian border but there was a huge landslide in May so the Felbertunnel (5.3km long) is closed so there is no direct route to Salzburg from Osttirol.. so the traffic has to come via Innsbruck and Italy. Anyway because of the weather now that the rain has stopped, I've spent the last 2 days working out in the garden catching up so I've had no time for Jillian!!!! I have made time for Rosemary to loosen the muscles after a hard days labour. Hope to have caught up tomorrow and then Thursday I intend to do a Jillian. How are you doing?
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Right, exam fever over so I'll be back training and like you, catching up in the garden. The weeds in the veg patch have gone berserk after all the rain and then sunshine! I also have to do some serious training now for the Race for Life on 22 July, so it will be all systems go on the exercise front from tomorrow onwards. Today though is slob day! After all that brainwork and four exam papers today - written, writing, reading and oral, I am just chilling out and relaxing! xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    LMV - I hope you're stil planning on heading for the garden and have already done your run for today before enjoying yourself watching the world go by on the pavement!! I went to bed last night aching from head to foot - no illness just aches and pains from wielding my spade in the garden!! When I woke at 6am to get the husband out of bed, I could still hardly move as I went back off to sleep thinking I won't be able to do Jillian today! Wrong! When I woke up there were no niggles nothing like I'd imagined it all, so I have had my 25 minutes torture with Jillian and feel absolutely on top of this world so, I am going back out into the garden this evening but to 'potter' not work.