EXERCISE!

Options

Replies

• mummyinthemountains
    Options
    LMV - the thought of you salsacising and doing it to music in your head with the husband present.... now that is dedication - I scream at the husband if he dares to open the door an inch whilst I'm throwing myself around the room! However I will confess I often find myself salscising around the kitchen from the fridge to the sink to the oven etc.

Just waiting for my potatoes to finish cooking then I intend to salsacise whilst they are cooling. I've just done major heart surgery on my pedometer which has cracked, it did not like doing Jillian but every time it protested and threw itself across the room I just popped it back on (only the first time to get a count!) but now it's near death, battered by Jillian!

Right potatoes ready.
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Day 5 completed.

Sadly no time for Jillian and can't see her getting a look in again until Monday....
    Did salsacise
    Steps 11,114 = 60,846 which I'm pleased with as that was just moving around the house carrying potatoes from one floor to the next.

Be good Crackers!
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Days 6 & 7

Steps 6855 + 5035 total for week = 72,736

Well I managed to complete over 70,000 steps but I only did 2 shreds and 2 salsacises however it's been a busy working week.

LMV - hope you have fully recovered and made your way up to York? BM - hope you are safely back in Wales and in good time for St. David's day. Bracken - hope you are not snowed in?!
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    I doubt I'm going to be able to exercise much this week as I'm so busy. However since it snowed overnight and all day today, I had a good work out with the snow shovel which I know is a calorie burner!
  • Lovemyveg
    Lovemyveg Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Evening Crackers,

Well done on all the exercise last week MITM - didn't it show on the scales?!

Well, week 8 turned out to be a washout for me exercise wise so roll on the start of week 9 tomorrow. Things can only get better.

xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    mummyinthemountains Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Evening Non-Shredders!

Didn't it - just show on the scales!!!

Not a brilliant start to this week steps 8297 + 8261 = 16,558 intend to make time to salsacise tomorrow no matter what!
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Days 3 & 4 steps 6409 + 7279 = 30,246

I'm too busy working this week to shred and I haven't even salsacised instead I have had 2 high calorie burning (I hope) sessions shovelling snow... My friend is in Vienna this week so I haven't even trotted around the village which explains my low step count, plus I'm sat working. I'm off to the UK on Saturday and of course after a winter with hardly any snow - there's a heavy snow storm forecasted on my doorstep that very day...
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    It's very sad - my pedometer has died in the night! But is has served me well... I feel quite sad seriously it's just like when my scales gave up which I'd had for years and years and had been through so many ups and downs with me! So for the time being no more step counting but I will keep moving.
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    That is sad..........but time to make friends with a new pedometer!

xx
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Hello Crackers,

Finally getting back into the exercise after feeling so grotty with this cold.

Day 8 of the Shred done. I wasn't looking forward to it after such a long break but it actually wasn't too bad. I'll try and get a bit of Rosemary in later as well.

Step levels haven't been brilliant this week, mostly between 5 - 10,000 so I need a good couple of days to hit my 50,000 steps a week target for March.

Keep going Crackers
    xx
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Morning Crackers,

Day 9 of the Shred done. Feeling limp!

xx
  • brackenmh
    brackenmh Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Just read through recent exercise posts. MITM and LMV, you've really done so well and soldiered on despite work and family demands. MITM, I agree - there should be the non-negotiable loss guaranteed with the Jillian workouts.
    Here, I am slowly getting in some exercise again.
    March 7 - 5720 steps.
    March 8- 7472 steps.
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    That's fantastic Bracken. Well done on getting back to it, I know how hard it is once you get out of the routine of exercising.

Day 10 of the Shred done. I'm a third of the way there and move on to workout 2 tomorrow. I think I liked that one the best so something to look forward to???............. no, "something to look forward to" is too strong, something bearable is more appropriate.

Will try and salsasize later and I will start keeping a better track of my steps again.

Well done again Bracken

xx
  • brackenmh
    Options
    LMV, love your sense of humour while attacking those daily shreds.
    The continuing good weather got me outside again today for walking Nellie
    Steps- 8447
    plus a fifteen minute outdoor bike ride
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Evening Crackers,

Well, I have no recollection now of what it was I thought I liked about level 2 of the shred. Double jumps, all those planking based exercises.........didn't think I would make it to the end, but I did.

Day 11 of Shred - done
    Steps 15,494 - much improved total

It was a beautiful sunny day with clear blue skies today so we took the opportunity to go for a lovely walk around Swansea Bay hence the good step total

Bracken, brilliant. Keep it up.

xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    LMV - was there no 'ice skating' ?! Lucky you having a beautiful day, it was at least dry here in the south for a change but it's so grey... However I did walk down to the local shops and back up again with my groceries which is the most exercise I've done. I'm off to Winchester for the weekend tomorrow as the daughter is attending Peacejam at the university & we have no transport, as my parents are away so will stay 2 nights as it's an early start each day. I intend to walk by the river and shop until I drop! Glad to see you are out and about Bracken unlike you, back home in Austria we've had over 1/2 a metre of snow which I did not miss clearing!!!
  • brackenmh
    Options
    A rainy day here but managed to get Nellie out in the morning.
    Total steps today- 7525.
    Plus indoor cycling 20 minutes
    LMV, well shredded. The walk sounds lovely and a great step total.
    MITM, enjoy Winchester. Looking forward to hearing about your shopping picks.
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Steps today- 7230.
    plus an outdoor bike ride for 15 minutes.
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Afternoon All,

MITM - there was ice-skating, but much of the rest of it was awful. I used to do Pilates once or twice a week which concentrates on developing core strength so I think I found the plank stuff much easier in the past. For a variety of reasons I haven't been for over a year and I really noticed the difference in doing workout 2.

Bracken - great exercise totals.

Steps for yesterday - 10,843

Still in birthday princess mode so no shred today!

xx
  • brackenmh
    Options
    This is very weird since I posted exercise yesterday and was sure it went up. I'll try to remember exact steps. It was 8000 plus, I think 8041 plus a 15 minute bike ride. And I had commented that I hoped you enjoyed your no shred day, LMV. Today- 7028 steps.