EXERCISE!

Options

Replies

• brackenmh
    brackenmh Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Whoops, correction of the above - no bike ride, that was the day before.
  • brackenmh
    Options
    This week has been damp and overcast but fairly mild so I've been able to get Nellie out for walks.
    Today- 8023 steps.
  • mummyinthemountains
    mummyinthemountains Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Well done Bracken! We have snow forecasted as I mentioned on the other thread so I would have been snow clearing tomorrow instead I shall have to make do with walking the shops!!
  • Lovemyveg
    Lovemyveg Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Inspired by you Bracken I went for that walk and got my steps in for today. Tomorrow, I too shall be walking the shops in Cardiff MITM. Hoping for another good total.

Steps today: 14,009

That's made up for a couple of poor days on the exercise front

xx
  • Lovemyveg
    Lovemyveg Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hello Crackers,

Steps today 9,366

xx
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Hello LMV and MITM, hope you enjoyed the shopping and got some steps in while sashaying from rack to rack! I've had some off days here recently though on a couple a had the Fitbit on and did not record steps though they were low. Good today with walking with Nellie and my neighbour and some mall walking. Steps 8189.
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    LMV - I watched On Keeping Younger with Angela Rippon this morning in bed, with my cup of tea! All very enlightening and mightily relieved to hear dancing with Rosemary is better for us than shredding with Jillian!!!! I am full of good intentions that I'm going to start salsacising again Thursday! I also tried out the sitting cross legged exercise & scored myself 10 as I could get up but I'm going to try again & see if after exercising for awhile if it gets easier as my body feels alot stiffer after over a month of not doing anything although I obviously succeeded because of the built up muscle..... All interesting stuff.
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Too long since I recorded my steps but here we are today- 7537 steps.
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Well done Bracken! You have inspired me to go and hunt out my new pedometer and set it up, it is time!
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Steps were ok today- 7046 but eating plan wasn't. I wanted to do more steps but a much needed rain got in the way as well as a rather sore back from all the continued yard work.
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Spurred on by you Bracken I did 10,539 steps yesterday which I'm very pleased with as I was just walking around the house and garden, doing chores. However from all the weeding I've done, I'm feeling as if I've done several full work outs with Jillian, the pain every time I go to sit - LMV at this rate I really will have a Kylie bottom - no hope!!!
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Well done, MITM with cracking the 10,000 barrier. I did 6712 steps yesterday as well as a lot of uncalculated steps carrying buckets of dirt from the front to the back yard to top dress the lawn. My back is rather feeling it today. There is more to do but won't be done today as it has rained and more rain expected today.
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Good for you Bracken, somehow I do feel encouraged knowing I'm not alone with all these gardening chores!! Along with counting grams of sugar (for the time being) I have started to salsacise again, in a bid to slim the thighs and to get my fitness levels back up again. Yesterday I did 11,197 steps because I had my last walk around the village with my friend who is now away for 2 weeks. The weather has changed it is going to be very cold for the next week might even get snow... so just as well I'm back into the salsacising.
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Likewise, MITM. I often think of you with gardening chores and other chores especially painting! You weather is also mirroring ours; we have recently had very cool weather. Yesterday was bitter and cold and I only managed 4610 steps with Nellie. This morning there was frost on the roof of some houses. But it is sunny and I've managed 3100 steps with Nellie so far. Hope for more later. Well done on your 11,197's.
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    Since I'm logging my food on here (don't normally) as I want to know where my sugar is coming from... I'm also posting my exercise - I've set myself the task for a week but they didn't have snow clearing so I logged in weight lifting as it might just as well have been! Yes we have snow - not impressed!! My tulips are standing surrounded by white stuff... So I shall have to salsacise later to get my steps up as I'm only on 3200 but I did manage 9242 yesterday.
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Definitely condolences on the snow, MITM. You are in line to win longest/worst winter award for Crackers! Poor tulips. Chilly but managed a few more steps with Nellie today- 6707.
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    I got my count up to 6632 with a salsacise. Today will be better as I have to walk to the village to get food!! So I shall be able to log downhill and uphill! It's quite pathetic but watching the calorie count go up as you log, I suddenly get this urge to exercise to get it down again. I can't believe how this tool has such power over me....
  • brackenmh
    Options
    There could be worse things having a power over you, MITM! Just think of it as increased awareness and good for you thinking of the effect of walking- uphill and downhill at that. Here windy and cold (6C high today). I've done just over 3500 steps with Nellie but have some shopping to do and will try and use that to increase steps.
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Finished today with 7204 steps-not the most energetic (those were earlier with Nellie). Still they were steps not sits.
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    I ended the day on 11,385 and I didn't walk to the village! However I burnt a fair few calories digging my car out of the snow... fortunately the roads were clear.