EXERCISE!

Options

Replies

• 77Bailey77
    77Bailey77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    well done on your steps LMV you are doing brilliantly! I was pleased yesterday to have an email off Fitbit saying I have now earned my Serengeti badge. It's a virtual badge and I think a fun way to appreciate just how far my walks have been when using said Fitbit. This badge means I have walked 804kms the same distance as the serengeti. This obviously includes lasts years few months I used it, but it still made me smile when I saw it. Tuesday Fitbit report shows I walked 58,494 steps for the week. It was up on my first week but obviously needs to be improved on.

Bracken, I absolutely loved the sound of your Cotswold walk, (on your bike!). Brilliant idea x I am going to check it out x

Happy exercising Crackers

BM xx
  • 77Bailey77
    Options
    LMV I am so sorry but I just realised that my post congratulating you on your brilliant weight loss was on my lost post. Anyhow, belated absolutely well done! Thoroughly deserved too, not just with the walking but the absence of wine and the very little cheese! Xx

6,942 steps today. (Felt like a whole lot more, we are having a run of almost 100% humidity daily).
  • brackenmh
    brackenmh Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Nothing to report yet but just popping in and being inspired by the great effort you are putting in, BM and LMV. Your humidity sounds daunting BM so understand your steps would feel like more. LMV, your totals are quite astonishing. Well done. BM, if you do check out that DVD and wanted one, I recall they do at least ship to UK. One thing I wondered about the video was when it was shot because there is virtually no one on the streets, just the occasional pair of strollers and the odd dog walker. I wondered if it was very earlier in the summer before anyone is stirring as I know these villages are typically very busy.
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Later the same day. I am posting my 12 minutes on the exercycle since it was intentional exercise and I was able to consistently have a stronger resistance so that I could feel it. Tomorrow I hope to increase and/or work in a few steps on the treadmill.
  • Lovemyveg
    Lovemyveg Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Well done Ladies, I think we are all keeping each other going.

Week 3 Day 2 11,884. Week 3 total 21,307

And pleased to report that as well as the steps I stuck to my plan for the Italian restaurant this evening. No alcohol, no bread and oil, grilled sea bass with a tomato and onion salad drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar, no desert and a black decaf coffee. Pleased to be back on track

Keep stepping!

xx
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Had a busy day and late night yesterday so didn't get to post.

Week 3 Day 3 - 5,113
    Week 3 Day 4 - 13,390

Week 3 total - 39,810 steps

Keep stepping

xx
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Pleased to get back to some walking today. It wasn't really intense or all at once but between some shopping, some deliberate mall walking and a cold and short walk with Nellie I managed 5991 steps. Then tonight my sister and I went to a movie and the parking lot behind the theatre was full so had to park a little distance away which would have given I estimate another thousand steps but did not have my Fitbit on. The better part is that my foot feels ok so hope to be able to continue on now. However, I am still mindful of how sore it felt so do not want to overdo it. LMV, great effort not just with the walking but with how you stuck to your plan when eating out.
  • brackenmh
    Options
    A cold day here so no outdoor walking but got back on treadmill and did 2730 steps which was enough for that. I had planned to use the exercycle as well but had too many interruptions and other commitments so was not able to do so.
  • 77Bailey77
    Options
    I only managed 2565 yesterday. Had a lazy Sunday in and crocheted all day! Back to it today though x
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Pleased with my steps today- 6287 from walking Nellie and some on treadmill. (Also did 10 quite demanding minutes on the exercycle)
  • brackenmh
    Options
    8022 steps so very pleased, mostly from walking Nellie as the temperature is at least milder than has been though very overcast and dull.
  • mummyinthemountains
    mummyinthemountains Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    An exercise update from me for last week: I only had the one walk with my friend and my usual Sunday hill circuit walk with the husband but I did do a 15 minute salacise with Rosemary each day. I had a mini diva moment on day one when the DVD wasn't in the case but calmed down upon eventually finding and I'm now truly hooked once more; 'wiggle in the middle, move those hips!' And what with working so much, over 3 floors I averaged 10,000 steps a day and ended the week on 73,000 steps but gained 3 pounds! I've since realised LMV it's probably got a lot more to do with giving up ice-cream in June than walking that I got back to my target weight last year!! Had not occurred to me until I told you I had stopped eating the stuff!! Bracken pleased to see you are using the exercise bike - I wouldn't want it gathering dust!
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Exercise update : week 3 days 5, 6 and 7 - 11,193, 1,079, 679. Was in bed most of yesterday and a lot of Monday, so not very good from me this week.

Total for week: 52,761 which is well short of my amended goal, but I have at least achieved my original goal of 50,000 steps a week.

Up and dressed today but still feeling pretty rotten so won't be out walking today.

Well done everyone else. Bracken your 8,022 is brilliant.

xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    LMV - take it easy and take your time getting back up on your feet again, whatever you are doing it is obviously working!

I have walked with my friend today and pinged myself around the room salsacising with Rosemary and I'm ending day 3 just over 30,000. I shall now be spending the rest of the evening sat on my backside, exercising the fingers!

Keep stepping everyone!
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Wow, that was some walk MITM and you have really laid down the gauntlet to beat 30,000 steps in a day!

Well done!

xx
  • mummyinthemountains
    Options
    I'm just on my way to bed and my eyes almost popped out of my head reading the last post! Sorry I should have put I'm ending day 3 just over 30,000 steps for the week so far. I did once do 26,000 in a day walking in London!
  • Lovemyveg
    Options
    Lol MITM!! xx
  • 77Bailey77
    Options
    I managed just over 8000 yesterday, judging by my not so secret sneaky daily weigh ins I have not lost yet this week, so next week I am hoping to start walking indoors with the Jessica Smith DVD again. MITM I too laughed at your steps. I was so impressed with your 30,000 of the day! I still think its a great number for the week so far tho! Bracken you are doing brilliantly with all the weather you are contending with.
    LMV, your weekly total is really good, I didn't reach 50,000 last week and I had no excuse! Hope you will soon be feeling much better x
  • 77Bailey77
    Options
    Not too good today we are still having monsoon type weather, so just 6133 .
  • brackenmh
    Options
    Popping and just realized although I posted on the other thread yesterday first, I forgot to log my steps here which were 5520. I was satisfied as I also biked 10 minutes and had to contend with an unexpected snowfall and shovelling. BM, well done with your 8000, maybe not with cold weather but your humidity is daunting. MITM, my eyes popped too, not that I couldn't imagine you doing 30000 steps in a day but to imagine doing them all through your Rosemary, as enthused as you are about her!