Hourglass figure after weight loss - but I'm a dude :(

15678911»

Replies

• grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    There's definitely a difference!! You look deflated (this is GOOD!!!). There's less fat under the skin, and while the loose skin is annoying, there's less fat keeping it firm. It will firm up eventually, plus at some point when you've cut down enough you can do a bulk, eat all the foods, and flesh out some of that skin with huge muscles. :laugh:

You're doing fantastic, and definitely keep it up!

And did I say your arms... :love:

Deflated is good.... oh kay... ;)

I'm going to start having to read up on bulking - confuses the poop outta me and makes me nervous too - is it like, get fat all over again, lift my *kitten* off, then diet again? Does NOT sound like much fun...

And, be careful with your wording Addii - "eat all the foods".. I did that before I started my transformation. That got ME to 165 kg (363 lbs), and created famine in several of the surrounding villages. I'm banned in much of Western Europe, and Guam. :laugh:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    There's definitely a difference!! You look deflated (this is GOOD!!!). There's less fat under the skin, and while the loose skin is annoying, there's less fat keeping it firm. It will firm up eventually, plus at some point when you've cut down enough you can do a bulk, eat all the foods, and flesh out some of that skin with huge muscles. :laugh:

You're doing fantastic, and definitely keep it up!

And did I say your arms... :love:

Deflated is good.... oh kay... ;)

I'm going to start having to read up on bulking - confuses the poop outta me and makes me nervous too - is it like, get fat all over again, lift my *kitten* off, then diet again? Does NOT sound like much fun...

And, be careful with your wording Addii - "eat all the foods".. I did that before I started my transformation. That got ME to 165 kg (363 lbs), and created famine in several of the surrounding villages. I'm banned in much of Western Europe, and Guam. :laugh:
    Haha. Well, there's a time, a place, and limit to everything. I'm sure Sara and SS will have tons of advice when they feel it's time for you to start bulking. So, you probably have some time to mentally adjust. :laugh:

But you definitely have less fat than last month, and that's definitely a good thing.
  • Holy hot damn look at those arms and shoulders! Great work friend :)

And I agree with what my friend Auddi had to say.....the deflated thing is GOOD! And everything will come together.....it just takes time! Keep it up....your results are just so kick *kitten*!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Wow... just wow.

I took the time to read this thread from the very beginning, and the progress you've made is absolutely amazing. Keep up the great work, OP! You're killing it!!
  • grggmrtn
    SO happy I'm not posting a weight update this week.

Had a so-so food week - lost my mojo for a little bit, and now I'm BACK (again, kept within my calories, just way too much of those were carbs).

What ticks me off, is that even with working out GREAT this week, and staying in my calories, i GAINED THREE KILOS. People, that's 6.6 lbs or almost 0.5 stone for the metrically challenged.

THREE??

REALLY?????

Is that even humanly POSSIBLE?????

*sigh*

/rant

I'll just have to rock upper body day at the gym today.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Sorry but bump for the great info being shared here..
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member

Had a so-so food week - lost my mojo for a little bit, and now I'm BACK (again, kept within my calories, just way too much of those were carbs).

What ticks me off, is that even with working out GREAT this week, and staying in my calories, i GAINED THREE KILOS. People, that's 6.6 lbs or almost 0.5 stone for the metrically challenged.

THREE??

REALLY?????

*sigh*

/rant

Okay so let's think about this for a minute......you said this week you stayed within your calories, still worked out, INCREASED carbs, but gained 6lbs? Do you think this is actually possible? I mean yes, you *gained* 6lbs but do you think that it's logical that you gained 6lbs of fat?? that would be 21,000 calories ABOVE maintenance that you consumed!

I mean you know what your doing at this point.....you clearly know how to weight, measure, and log. So unless you completely *kitten* the bed and didn't do any of that....chances are STILL good that you didn't consume 21,000 above maintenance. Chances are probably pretty good that are retaining a crap ton of water because of the increase in carbs :happy: Drink lots of water, get back to your regular eating habits and all will be well again!

Don't be so damn hard on yourself!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member

THREE??

REALLY?????

*sigh*

/rant

You're a guy.

You're not a small guy.

It happens. Keep working out and eating right.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    That's nothing but water retention and carbed up muscle tissue, body builders binge on carbs right before a competition so that the muscle isn't "flat" looking all the time, just get back into your normal pattern and it will shed right off. It is definitely not fat. And just so you know I can put on 5lbs in a day, and I'm not exaggerating, I can weight 270 at 9am on tuesday and 275 at 9am on wednesday if I eat the right/wrong stuff, by friday i am back to normal.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    That's nothing but water retention and carbed up muscle tissue, body builders binge on carbs right before a competition so that the muscle isn't "flat" looking all the time, just get back into your normal pattern and it will shed right off. It is definitely not fat. And just so you know I can put on 5lbs in a day, and I'm not exaggerating, I can weight 270 at 9am on tuesday and 275 at 9am on wednesday if I eat the right/wrong stuff, by friday i am back to normal.

Yup. Likely your glycogen stores were replenished from increased carbs, which in turn stores more water. Don't let it get you down, and call that scale a ***** if it helps. Because it seriously is one.
  • grggmrtn
    Thanks everyone for the great words of encouragement.

I KNEW it was probably water. Well, at least I figured it was water about 30 seconds after I wrote the rant post. Guess I needed to rant.

Working HARD this week lifting more and better than ever, and cleaning up my diet again. Also, screw the scale. :p
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Hi! How is it going with you? I saw on your wall that you had tendonitis. How is your training going?