Hourglass figure after weight loss - but I'm a dude :(

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Hi!

We would like you to keep your calories at as close to 1,900 again for the next week. Also, while I realize you enjoy your exercise, we would like you to try to limit it to a consistent amount as you had last week - the appox. 7 hours of cardio type exercise for the week. Then get back to us next week and we can assess again.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Great work!!! There is a difference in this weeks photo's as well....sometimes it's hard to tell when we are looking at our own pictures! Keep in mind that this can also be a S-L-O-W process so just because you didn't see as *much* as you would like this week, doesn't mean that it's not working! Keep on truckin'.....you're doing GREAT!!!! :bigsmile:
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Hi!

We would like you to keep your calories at as close to 1,900 again for the next week. Also, while I realize you enjoy your exercise, we would like you to try to limit it to a consistent amount as you had last week - the appox. 7 hours of cardio type exercise for the week. Then get back to us next week and we can assess again.

Will do Sara, I promise I'll be a good boy and stick to the 7 hours! *crosses fingers behind his back*

EDIT: I just rechecked the numbers, counting from last Tuesday until Monday (the day before I post my update, aka last cardio session) and it's actually only 6 hours of pure cardio last week. Should I do only the 6 hours in that case?

Just kidding - you haven't led me wrong yet - so I trust the process, will post another update next Tuesday.

To everyone else, thanks for the great words of encouragement - it's fuel to my fire!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    I will still 'let' you have the extra hour if you want as you enjoy it :tongue:
  • grggmrtn
    I will still 'let' you have the extra hour if you want as you enjoy it :tongue:

You're a sweetie - thanks :D
  • grggmrtn
    Weigh-in is going to be FUN tomorrow - After a weekend in the sun and burning myself in ways that would make Colonel Sanders jealous, I discovered (the hard way) that sunburns make you retain water. I feel like a blowfish!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Weigh-in is going to be FUN tomorrow - After a weekend in the sun and burning myself in ways that would make Colonel Sanders jealous, I discovered (the hard way) that sunburns make you retain water. I feel like a blowfish!

But, you know what the gain is from. It's not always going to be linear, and you know it's not because you got derailed from your plan. Try to not let it affect you since you know it's just water. And just wait until next weeks weigh-in. You will probably weigh less, but you're going to look like a leper...
  • grggmrtn
    But, you know what the gain is from. It's not always going to be linear, and you know it's not because you got derailed from your plan. Try to not let it affect you since you know it's just water. And just wait until next weeks weigh-in. You will probably weigh less, but you're going to look like a leper...

Thanks for the good words auddii, I needed to hear them - even though I'm gonna look like a leper ;)

wr055j.jpg

I got the date wrong on the image, the final pic IS from this morning, July 9 and not the 7th.

Weight July 2, 2013: 96.3 kg (212.3 lbs)
    Weight July 9, 2013: 97.6 kg (215.2 lbs)

I suppose I should be happy - 36 hours ago I weighed myself and saw 100.1 kg, so it's not THAT bad ;)

Can't see on the pic, have 2nd degree burns on my back.

Needless to say, squat day SUCKED yesterday lol

1900 calories all week, approx. 6½ hours of cardio alongside my weight training (a lot of that unlogged these past couple days, MFP has been a wench with connection problems).

Getting nervous about the weight gain. On the other hand, I bought and WORE my first tank top the other day. Yes, I actually wore it in PUBLIC!!!
  • Sarauk2sf

Thanks for the good words auddii, I needed to hear them - even though I'm gonna look like a leper ;)

wr055j.jpg

I got the date wrong on the image, the final pic IS from this morning, July 9 and not the 7th.

Weight July 2, 2013: 96.3 kg (212.3 lbs)

I suppose I should be happy - 36 hours ago I weighed myself and saw 100.1 kg, so it's not THAT bad ;)

Can't see on the pic, have 2nd degree burns on my back.

Needless to say, squat day SUCKED yesterday lol

1900 calories all week, approx. 6½ hours of cardio alongside my weight training (a lot of that unlogged these past couple days, MFP has been a wench with connection problems).

Getting nervous about the weight gain. On the other hand, I bought and WORE my first tank top the other day. Yes, I actually wore it in PUBLIC!!!

First of all, ouch! Hope your sunburn clear up soon. If it is too painful, just avoid squats for the next session or two.

While it may be annoying/frustrating/disheartening, you know that the water weight is throwing the scale off.

Lets keep your calories and activity at the same level for the next week and see where we are when the water weight levels off.

And YAY re the tank top - you must be really happy.
  • grggmrtn

First of all, ouch! Hope your sunburn clear up soon. If it is too painful, just avoid squats for the next session or two.

While it may be annoying/frustrating/disheartening, you know that the water weight is throwing the scale off.

Lets keep your calories and activity at the same level for the next week and see where we are when the water weight levels off.

And YAY re the tank top - you must be really happy.

Will do Sara - just a head's up - on Sunday I'm flying to Kraków for a 4 day mini-holiday, so 1. no weights while I'm there, even though I WILL be bringing my elastics and BW exercises, and 2. I'll be weighing in on Thursday next week when I get home.

Thanks for the words of encouragement :)
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 338 Member
    Amazing work! Anxiously awaiting this week's update!
  • renwicker
    renwicker Posts: 158 Member
    Great job man! You are heading in right direction and fast! Kudos to you and all folks on here lending a helping hand to your success.

You're hard work is inspiring.
  • grggmrtn
    Amazing work! Anxiously awaiting this week's update!

Hey all, I'm still here, and will post an update tomorrow - I know I promised it sooner but some family junk going on that's taken center stage (which means I haven't been the warrior I usually am, but I've been a good boy ;) )
  • grggmrtn
    ftgadg.jpg

I can't get the pic to fit from my iPad, here's the link if anyone needs a closer look: http://tinypic.com/r/ftgadg/5

Wright July 23, 2013: 94.6 kg (208.5 lbs)

Been a weird couple of weeks, but I'm happy. Vacation last week meant I didn't get to the gym, but got some good hiking done instead (25-30 km/day for 5 days during the gymless week).

I didn't get a good chance to track my calories as good as I wanted (no data plan on my cell abroad), but I actually think I hit the mark every day. 1900 calories per day. The family junk didn't help my tracking, but I've been eating my standard meals so I know I've hit the mark even on the days I didn't track fully.

Hit the gym yesterday to start the week out right, 2 PRs so I'm happy :)

Not so sure I see much of a difference this week, BUT I did lose 3 kg AND I learned that when I feel down, it's time to. Review old photos and keep. Things in perspective. For example:

2z6s7lf.jpg
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member

2z6s7lf.jpg

Holy sheet.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Wow.

what a great job you are doing, very inspirational!
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 338 Member

2z6s7lf.jpg

Holy sheet.

Amazing work and progress. You should be so proud!

PS: You look so much like Robert Downey Jr. in the face, it's crazy!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Is that a smile I see in one of those pics?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Looks like its time to up your calories again. There is a big difference on the scale and in the pics.

I want to chat with SideSteel as to the best number and to have another look at your macros. We should get back to you tomorrow.
  • grggmrtn
    Is that a smile I see in one of those pics?
    I refuse to answer that without the presence of my lawyer.
    Looks like its time to up your calories again. There is a big difference on the scale and in the pics.

I want to chat with SideSteel as to the best number and to have another look at your macros. We should get back to you tomorrow.

Like I said, my tracking sucked during my trip, but I'm back on track, so the past couple days (since Saturday the 19th) are a good reflection of how I eat lately.