Hourglass figure after weight loss - but I'm a dude :(

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    I definitely see a difference :happy:

You are totally on the right track! Keep powering through!
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member

You are now my favourite person. EVER. :)
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member

You are totally on the right track! Keep powering through!

Yep, I would agree with this.
    Keep on keeping on, you are doing great.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member

You are now my favourite person. EVER. :)

:drinker:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Keep your intake as is for one more week please. Re-post in this thread with change in weight from today and 1 week from today.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    I definitely see a difference. Your tattoo magically morphed into something else in the bottom-right photo. Impressive what a diet change can do!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    I definitely see a difference. Your tattoo magically morphed into something else in the bottom-right photo. Impressive what a diet change can do!

This made me lol
  • grggmrtn

Haha I KNEW some one was going to mention that! Mirror image as opposed to having someone else take the pic ;)
  • n3ver3nder
    n3ver3nder Posts: 155 Member
    There's a definite difference. Looks like the weight training has made you unconsciously better your posture, which is good.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    I definitely see a difference--you're looking smaller (in a good way)!

Also, I love your idea of doing "accessory lifts" with a purse at the gym :)
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    sometimes it helps to have some one point out the details so after looking at both pictures here is what I noticed between last week and this week.

This week:
    1. the upper part of your chest by your collar bones has more volume (muscle)
    2. the bottom of your ribs just below your chest can now be seen
    3. your neck appears thinner (this may be lighting then again it might be smaller)

Hopefully you see this too and stay encouraged, keep up the good fight.
  • grggmrtn
    sometimes it helps to have some one point out the details so after looking at both pictures here is what I noticed between last week and this week.

This week:
    1. the upper part of your chest by your collar bones has more volume (muscle)
    2. the bottom of your ribs just below your chest can now be seen
    3. your neck appears thinner (this may be lighting then again it might be smaller)

Hopefully you see this too and stay encouraged, keep up the good fight.

This helps BIG TIME - thanks ncahill ! - with the specifics I can also check if I'm crazy or not (I thought I noticed the collar bones too, but didn't want to get my hopes up too high ;) )
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Glad to help! I know how it is, sometimes I look in the mirror and I really can't tell if I am imagining it or not so a third party perspective is a big help for me.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Glad to help! I know how it is, sometimes I look in the mirror and I really can't tell if I am imagining it or not so a third party perspective is a big help for me.

^^agreed. I think we all suffer from not being able to see progress as clearly as others to some degree or another, I know I do.
  • grggmrtn
    Weight June 4, 2013: 100.8 kg (222.23 lbs)
    Weight June 11, 2013: 98.5 kg (217.15 lbs)

Been on 1400 calories for the second week in a row, lifting more and more, but still no bodybuilder ;) - squats 85 kg, deadlift 100 kg, bench press 65 kg, just to give an idea. I lift 4 days a week, still on the earlier mentioned program.

I'm pretty sure I can see a difference?

p.s. should I be doing `some sort of supplements to help the process now that I've begun lifting? Aside from a multivitamin and a whole lot of protein shakes, I haven't thought about something like creatine yet?

2kgd1k.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Hi! You can definitely see a difference. Your weight loss is still very quick so we will probably be getting you to up your calories. We will be chatting tomorrow (probably later today your time) so will get back to you with intake recommendations then.
  • grggmrtn
    Hi! You can definitely see a difference. Your weight loss is still very quick so we will probably be getting you to up your calories. We will be chatting tomorrow (probably later today your time) so will get back to you with intake recommendations then.

Thanks Sara :)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Increase calories another 200 for the next week and report back to us with another update please.
  • grggmrtn
    Increase calories another 200 for the next week and report back to us with another update please.

Will do. Looks like I'm gonna have to add a lot of almonds to my diet hehe
  • grggmrtn
    4hva6p.jpg

Weight June 11, 2013: 98.5 kg (217.15 lbs)
    Weight June 18, 2013: 96.8 kg (213.4 lbs)

Not sure if I see so much of a change this week???

Been on 1600 calories all week, lifting more and more, but still no bodybuilder ;) - squats 90 kg, deadlift 110 kg, bench press 70 kg, just to give an idea. I lift 4 days a week, still on the earlier mentioned program.

Been also doing a whole bunch of mountain biking - I figure, the season's not going to last forever, so I'm getting about 30 km in 4-5 x per week, more or less. The calorie burns go WAY down the days I don't get my ride in.