Options
    0816121812.jpg
    0816121755.jpg
    0816121824.jpg

Oven Roasted Smokey Brisket
    Adapted from Paula Deen at Food Network

Ingredients

4 lb. beef brisket, trimmed
    2 teaspoons liquid smoke (a little goes a long way)
    2 Tablespoons salt, kosher
    2 Tablespoons chili powder
    1 Tablespoon Chipotle chili powder
    1 Tablespoon garlic powder
    1Tablespoon onion powder
    1 Tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    1 Tablespoon sugar (splenda)
    1 bay leaf, ground
    1½ - 2 cups beef stock

Directions

Preheat oven to 350° F.
    Start by rubbing brisket with the liquid smoke.In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, dry mustard, sugar, ground bay and mix well. POur and rub in this seasoning mixture on both sides of the brisket, covering well. Place brisket into a roasting pan, uncovered, and roast for 1 hour.

After 1 hour, lower oven to 300° F. Add enough beef stock to coome up about ½ inch in pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and continue to cook for 3 hours, or until fork tender.

Trim any excess fat and slice thinly. Serve accompanied by pan juices.
    Serves 10

Cloud Bread
    3 eggs, separated
    3 tablespoons whole milk cottage cheese or 3 tablespoons cream cheese
    1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1pk (1 g) packet artificial sweetener
    Directions: 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 2 Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white. 3 In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 T. of Cottage Cheese OR Cream Cheese and the one packet of Sweetener until smooth. 4 In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks. 5 Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much. 6 Spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other fat-free cooking spray. 7 With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the McDonalds hamburger bun; roughly 3/4 inch thick and 4 to 5 inches across). 8 Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them, because the cooking time the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown (again, the color of a McDonalds bun). 9 Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board. 10 While warm they are crumbly and similar to cooked meringue - but don't let this fool you! Once completely cool, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie or a tupperware over night. They will totally change their consistency, to something much more like bread - a softer texture that is nice and chewy. If you do not like softer chewy bread, then eat them as they are, nice and crisp. 11 Since the sides that were facing the pan are perfectly flat, you use these to spread things on, or make sandwiches, or even as a burger bun! The choice is up to you, and you will be quite amazed at how much like a bun these really are!
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    When I was in HS one of our regular eating joints was the Gateway Breakfast House, a small little cafe type place with good food, large portions, and only open for breakfast and lunch. We don't live as close to it now as we used to, so hadn't been in a while. But President Obama was in town a few weeks ago, and he ate there and seeing that in the news reminded us of how yummy it is. Plus, I remembered getting awesome omelets and salads there when I did low carb in the 90's.

My dad and brother took me there today and I got this amazing taco omelet. It's so huge! They let me sub in a side salad for my hash browns and toast. I ate a little more than 1/3 of it. Yum!

7875701154_67323967b1.jpg
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @ Alisha Gates

Your meals look delicious. Any chance you can share the recipes for them too?

Would also love to see some recipes to these delicious looking dishes
  • stl_nana
    stl_nana Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Not Low Carb but too pretty not to post. Smoked Salmon, Shrimp and Tuna.
    2008-03-27%2520218.jpg
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Bumping!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    0816121812.jpg
    0816121755.jpg
    0816121824.jpg

Oven Roasted Smokey Brisket
    Adapted from Paula Deen at Food Network

Ingredients

4 lb. beef brisket, trimmed
    2 teaspoons liquid smoke (a little goes a long way)
    2 Tablespoons salt, kosher
    2 Tablespoons chili powder
    1 Tablespoon Chipotle chili powder
    1 Tablespoon garlic powder
    1Tablespoon onion powder
    1 Tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    1 Tablespoon sugar (splenda)
    1 bay leaf, ground
    1½ - 2 cups beef stock

Directions

Preheat oven to 350° F.
    Start by rubbing brisket with the liquid smoke.In a small mixing bowl, combine the salt, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, dry mustard, sugar, ground bay and mix well. POur and rub in this seasoning mixture on both sides of the brisket, covering well. Place brisket into a roasting pan, uncovered, and roast for 1 hour.

After 1 hour, lower oven to 300° F. Add enough beef stock to coome up about ½ inch in pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and continue to cook for 3 hours, or until fork tender.

Trim any excess fat and slice thinly. Serve accompanied by pan juices.
    Serves 10

Cloud Bread
    3 eggs, separated
    3 tablespoons whole milk cottage cheese or 3 tablespoons cream cheese
    1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1pk (1 g) packet artificial sweetener
    Directions: 1 Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 2 Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white. 3 In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 T. of Cottage Cheese OR Cream Cheese and the one packet of Sweetener until smooth. 4 In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks. 5 Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much. 6 Spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other fat-free cooking spray. 7 With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the McDonalds hamburger bun; roughly 3/4 inch thick and 4 to 5 inches across). 8 Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them, because the cooking time the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown (again, the color of a McDonalds bun). 9 Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board. 10 While warm they are crumbly and similar to cooked meringue - but don't let this fool you! Once completely cool, seal them in a ziplock storage baggie or a tupperware over night. They will totally change their consistency, to something much more like bread - a softer texture that is nice and chewy. If you do not like softer chewy bread, then eat them as they are, nice and crisp. 11 Since the sides that were facing the pan are perfectly flat, you use these to spread things on, or make sandwiches, or even as a burger bun! The choice is up to you, and you will be quite amazed at how much like a bun these really are!

I must make cloud bread! On my radar for the weekend. Thanks!
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    n4wina.jpg

Brussel Sprouts cooked in bacon, touch of green onions
    Collard Greens
    Cauliflower steamed with lemon pepper
  • xBrittanyK
    Options
    30uaat4.jpg

Alice Springs Chicken
    Semi-clean broccoli casserole (made with home made cream of mushroom)
    Avocado
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    One of the best meal I've had in a long time.
    Grilled zucchini roll-up with herbs and goat cheese. (recipe in the 8/24/2012 USA Weekend newspaper magazine )
    http://www.usaweekend.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2012308230003
    a tumbler of warmed Sake.
    Bacon Wrapped Fillet Mignon
    A glass of Pino Noir
    Coffee, cream, Laura's Chocolate Energy Truffles and whipped cream.

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0913121640.jpg
    would have been prettier for the pic if I would have had tomatoes to put on top for a splash of color. :( But they were nom nom!!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0916121424.jpg

Cauliflower Hash
    Egg over easy
    Sausage Links
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    All looks so yummy!! I cooked cream cheese pancakes for the first time this morning but inhaled them so fast I for got to take a pic! lol
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    broccoli_salad_with_ham.jpg
    This is not my pic, But mine turned out looking exactly the same.
    It tasted amazing!!

BROCCOLI SALAD WITH HAM
    1 bunch fresh broccoli (about 1 pound before trimming)
    8 ounces diced ham
    4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
    1 cup mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda

Trim and peel the tough stalks and finely chop the broccoli. Place in a large bowl. Add the ham and cheese. In a small bowl, blend the remaining 3 ingredients. Mix into the broccoli mixture and chill several hours before serving. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired, but I usually find that no seasoning is needed.

Makes about 8 servings
    Do not freeze

With granular Splenda:
    Per Serving: 320 Calories; 30g Fat; 10g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
    Per Serving: 318 Calories; 30g Fat; 10g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0918121702_zpsb6c71930.jpg

This is just cheese I melted in a pan, and cooked till one side was crispy like crust. Then I ended up dipping it in marinara sauce. It was YUMO!
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0920121722_zps272cef7a.jpg
    0920121726_zps259d4a54.jpg

1 lb ground turkey
    1 lb ground beef
    2 eggs
    1/4 crushed pork rinds
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
    1 small onion, grated
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup marinara pasta sauce I used Bella Vita Low Carb
    1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
    minced parsley for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey and beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Try not over handle the mixture otherwise it will get tough. Place the mixture in the greased loaf pan and form into a loaf. Top the meatloaf with pasta sauce.

Place filled loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese, and some extra Italian seasoning mix if you want. Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
    Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving/slicing. Garnish with parsley if desired.

*(new cooking time added, mine usually takes 1 hr)
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Options
    0920121640_zps9c91364f.jpg
    This is a recipe I found and tweaked to make it low carb. It's YUMMY!!

1 cup real mayo
    1/4 splenda
    2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
    1 teaspoon dried dill weed
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    4 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
    1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
    2 medium tomatoes sliced
    Directions:

In a mixing bowl, whisk together mayo, sugar, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper.
    In a separate large mixing bowl, toss together cucumbers and onions and tomtatoes.
    Pour mixture over top and mix together.
    Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
  • lafalot30
    Options
    I love this idea. I think it will help me to be mindful of what I put on my plate.